Setting up a new loop, GPU + CPU

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
I want to setup a loop for my system with the primary goal being reducing noise, my 2080ti gets pretty noisy when I'm gaming. I have a couple of questions

System specs:
8700k @ 4.8
Asus 2080TI STRIX
Core P3

Given the limited space without using a custom rad holder (I do have one 3d printed for the case) , would a single 420MM rad be enough to keep everything at a reasonble temp and noise down?

Going for a hard tube setup :) they look awesome.
Also, looking at Bykski for fittings and blocks, their prices are just too good to ignore. Any issues there?

TIA!

My bro has a similar setup with a 1080 and a 7700k. The 420mm rad will handle your components. The fans might need to ramp under load but they won't be nearly as noisy as GPU fans.

Speaking of which, I've got a 420mm Alphacool x-flow radiator that I just moved out of, if you're looking for a good deal on one, make me an offer. =)

I have similar specs except 1080 Ti instead of 2080 Ti, 8700K overclocked to 5Ghz and I use a 360mm slim swiftech radiator... cools everything great even prime95 small fft without throttling.

I hope I am not too late. This opinion is based on personal experience. I have bought a few bytski fittings and the threads were off. Standard fittings would only screw in a couple of turns making the fittings unusable. A better budget option is Barrow IMO.

I hope I am not too late. This opinion is based on personal experience. I have bought a few bytski fittings and the threads were off. Standard fittings would only screw in a couple of turns making the fittings unusable. A better budget option is Barrow IMO.

Not too late, got pump and rad so far, going to order the tubes, fittings and blocks in the next week or so.

Ty!

Push pull is only worth it when you have thicker radiators. You don't need the extra air flow for standard thickness or thinner rads.

Is push/pull worth it if your rad is mounted at the front and the front panel is somewhat restrictive?

Is push/pull worth it if your rad is mounted at the front and the front panel is somewhat restrictive?

It would really depend on how restrictive the front panel is. It would take a very bad case design to make push / pull more effective on a thinner radiator. They just don't need that much air flow to work.

It would really depend on how restrictive the front panel is. It would take a very bad case design to make push / pull more effective on a thinner radiator. They just don't need that much air flow to work.

This is my case, the front panel is solid except for the openings on the side. I get an immediate 4-5c drop by removing it and running only the filter. I'll probably give push/pull a try once my arctic fans come though.

4Z9U8xj9R4hDKb0Om2R-u0Li9EaaBZnkZzY7iFR-SBX__7PuWz.jpg

This is my case, the front panel is solid except for the openings on the side. I get an immediate 4-5c drop by removing it and running only the filter. I'll probably give push/pull a try once my arctic fans come though.

View attachment 254893
Man, I miss that case... Terrible for airflow but the build quality and looks are stellar.

ModMyMods makes CNC-cut front and top panels offering far better airflow. They cost a chunk but they look great an they're drop-in replacements.

Man, I miss that case... Terrible for airflow but the build quality and looks are stellar.

ModMyMods makes CNC-cut front and top panels offering far better airflow. They cost a chunk but they look great an they're drop-in replacements.

Yup I saw those a while back but the cuts kill the clean stock look which was the main selling point for me.

Back