September NPDs: PS3 the Top Console

oh no I'm sure that happens too (buying for games obviously) it's just I wonder what the stats are for that particular issue. I mean you don't see too many PS3 games in the top ten usually for the NPDs and it's not like the PS3 isn't selling. That's the only question I was raising.

Both comments made me laugh :)

I'm sure that when PS3 has a bigger install base, the software sales will grow too.

I doubt the PS3 will be top in October onwards. This NPD only has a few days of sales after the Wii's price cut and I'm expecting it to sell pretty strongly from now until xmas.

Yeah Psycho's right on this I believe, the Wii will sale like crack during Santa time for $199. The parents will buy it and then they'll feel fucked at all the shit they have to buy afterward's for the whole family to play:D

Price drop works....as usual. I am surprised the 360 is up that much though. I figured they would be close to last year.

The 360 had a price drop as well.

Either way thanks to a sale at Dell I jumped on a PS3 slim. Very nice little device and so far it looks great on my HDTV (both games and movies).

The 360 had a price drop as well.

Yes and no. They had a $199 version, $299 version and a $399 version. They just dropped the $399 version all together and removed features. Hardly a price drop.

The $299 Elite is actually a worse deal than the $299 Pro was. They added a measly 60gb, but took away the component cables and the HDMI cables, and the optical dongle. At least the pro came with HD cables. I would view that as a price increase to be honest.

Why have I got the horrible feeling this thread is about to descend into system warz like so many before it.

Yes and no. They had a $199 version, $299 version and a $399 version. They just dropped the $399 version all together and removed features. Hardly a price drop.

The $299 Elite is actually a worse deal than the $299 Pro was. They added a measly 60gb, but took away the component cables and the HDMI cables, and the optical dongle. At least the pro came with HD cables. I would view that as a price increase to be honest.

what features did they remove?

if you are talking about cables, that is an accessory and I think they should have left it in there

Back