SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

I plan on shrouding most vents myself as well with 0.6mm black ABS plastic. Leaving only spaces open over the cpu fan and psu fan. Then adding foam rubber weatherstripping to seal the cpu fan to the case vent so it can only draw in cool exterior air. This lowers the cpu exhaust air temperature, lowering the temperature of case air. This also creates a very high pressure case that pushes warm air out any remaining holes (probably the side vents). It creates directed airflow that is forced to flow over the motherboard rather than recirculating indiscriminately within the case. This worked extremely well in my lian li pc q12 and Silverstone pt13b.

I would like very much to see before and after temps, if you've got 'em.

How does it wind up performing acoustically?

I would like very much to see before and after temps, if you've got 'em.

How does it wind up performing acoustically?
I'll see what I can find. As for acoustics it's really no worse as long as you have a quiet fan like Noctua to begin with. You do end up with a subtle whoosh from the increased positive pressure but it's not intrusive. This doesn't work with all cases though so time will tell if it works for sentry.

Hardware Canucks just published another video of some other pc-case where Dmitry also made a size comparison between this case, standard atx case and SENTRY:

Yp6Qim2.png

Last edited:
Hardware Canucks just published another video of some other pc-case where Dmitry also made a size comparison between this case, standard atx case and SENTRY:

Guys. any news? I think there is no hope to get Sentry in december, isn't it? It will be nice to hear that i'm wrong.

Guys. any news? I think there is no hope to get Sentry in december, isn't it? It will be nice to hear that i'm wrong.

We are at the point where only a public administration can slow us down... and they are really checking our patience... At this moment we can't do more, but wait for some papers, and tbh we can't estimate how long, because it doesn't depend on us. This is the reason why we're not making any new special updates. We know it's frustrating. We will let you know if we will get some more information.

1.Is there a list of compatible GPUs and also will this case be ready around April/May.
2.Since you are a Polish company would UK shipping be cheaper?
3. Blower or Open Air?
4. Looked at the Dan A4 it has 48mm clearance for CPU fan as well, and they found that the C7 is the best fan since it is so close, it draws fresh air straight from the outside. Is that the case with the Sentry?

Last edited:
1.Is there a list of compatible GPUs and also will this case be ready around April/May.
3. Blower or Open Air?
4. Looked at the Dan A4 it has 48mm clearance for CPU fan as well, and they found that the C7 is the best fan since it is so close, it draws fresh air straight from the outside. Is that the case with the Sentry?

1. The card dimensions are on the first post/original post (even as a picture) and I also believe it's on their website here as well which has a cool interactive configuration tool. No word on when the case will be ready.
2. Not sure, possibly?
3. Blower for sure, any reference size card will fit and operate fine.
4. Yes, the C7 will fit and is probably the best CPU cooler choice. I own it and love it.

We are at the point where only a public administration can slow us down... and they are really checking our patience... At this moment we can't do more, but wait for some papers, and tbh we can't estimate how long, because it doesn't depend on us. This is the reason why we're not making any new special updates. We know it's frustrating. We will let you know if we will get some more information.

Thank you guys, damn bureaucrats with their papers, hope i'll get the case before 2017.

3. Blower or Open Air?

UK usually stands for United Kingdom. But I think you mean Ukraine, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
Rosaj claerly answered, but imo good openair is fine too. (for horizontal, in vertical there is no difference)

We have a SENTRY configuration tool on our website, to help you choose the best components: www.zaber.com.pl/sentry
In terms of picking a graphics card, our pc-case was designed to fit those GPUs, which are made according to PCI-Express standard (aren't oversized). Please check the links below for more information:
https://i.imgur.com/obfwGBa.png
https://i.imgur.com/JpkMhZd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZfEoGIz.jpg
http://zaber.com.pl/img/Sentry/GPU.png

At this moment we can't say when we will be ready with our crowdfunding campaign. We were stopped by Polish bureaucracy at public administration and we are waiting for some legal documents. And this still takes ages...

Cheaper than what? Than transport to USA? Kanada? Yes.

3. Blower or Open Air?

Blower is good for both positions (H/V). Open Air might be better in vertical position. Everything depends on the type of GPU and its cooling system (1 fan, 2 fans, 3 fans, smaller fan, bigger fan, etc.)

Saper is using C7 in his SENTRY and it's working nice there. I'm using box cooler and i have higher temps, but they are still good. We can't say that C7 is the best option, simply because we don't have more short coolers (most of them are box-versions).

Last edited:
UK usually stands for United Kingdom. But I think you mean Ukraine, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

I did mean United Kingdom, and was comparing it to NCase shipping from US to Europe.

Zombi so, the most that the GPU can be over-sized is by 18mm as long as that is not above the power connector? And the most in length it can be is 305mm? What is the most ideal non-reference GPU you have seen or do you not have enough data to decide that?

We were stopped by *Vogon* bureaucracy at public administration and we are waiting for some legal documents. And this still takes ages....

FTFY.

EDIT:
Might we see a Massdrop of the Sentry? Just a thought.

Last edited:
I did mean United Kingdom, and was comparing it to NCase shipping from US to Europe.

Actually, US-UK traffic route is quite popular, so there will not be a huge difference. Maybe few bucks. Anyway thats a drop in the ocean, with a 200$ price.

Zombi so, the most that the GPU can be over-sized is by 18mm as long as that is not above the power connector? And the most in length it can be is 305mm? What is the most ideal non-reference GPU you have seen or do you not have enough data to decide that?

What? Stop, what? What is "most ideal non-reference GPU"? For what? Gaming? Price? Preferences in amd/nv? Which games you want to play? Why don't you write any info when asking? Stupid question. For example, Asus strix gtx 1070 is good for me. Because it has decent vrm cooling, it shows good fps in games i want to play, its pretty cool and quiet and looks good too. But anyway, any card has it's pro's and con's.

What? Stop, what? What is "most ideal non-reference GPU"? For what? Gaming? Price? Preferences in amd/nv? Which games you want to play? Why don't you write any info when asking? Stupid question.
Sorry I did not make myself very clear. I was referring to a cooler style, but more specifically I am looking for a 1070 that stays the coolest in a vertical position, I was also thinking about the 1070 Strix because it has 3 fans

Sorry I did not make myself very clear. I was referring to a cooler style, but more specifically I am looking for a 1070 that stays the coolest in a vertical position, I was also thinking about the 1070 Strix because it has 3 fans
Pro tip #1616. Number of fans isn't a main reason for picking vc.
No, really, if you want to chose perfect vc for you - open side by side your local/favourite store site and vc test and comparison, then you can chose best price/perfomance ratio you'll find. For 1070 its very simple, card is cool and has many variants of coolers. Chip itself is very cool, so pay more attention to vrm (power source of a chip, mosfets), they should be cooled (that's important). If there is a memory cooling plate - that's good too. And ofc perfomance in your favourite games. Anyway that's almost pointless bcause all cards are pretty same (msi,asus,giga), and you'll just spend your time. If there is no major issues like EVGA's 1070 with 100'C on VRM's, you can chose anything you like

Pro tip #1616. Number of fans isn't a main reason for picking vc.
No, really, if you want to chose perfect vc for you - open side by side your local/favourite store site and vc test and comparison, then you can chose best price/perfomance ratio you'll find. For 1070 its very simple, card is cool and has many variants of coolers. Chip itself is very cool, so pay more attention to vrm (power source of a chip, mosfets), they should be cooled (that's important). If there is a memory cooling plate - that's good too. And ofc perfomance in your favourite games. Anyway that's almost pointless bcause all cards are pretty same (msi,asus,giga), and you'll just spend your time. If there is no major issues like EVGA's 1070 with 100'C on VRM's, you can chose anything you like

I mainly want to play at 1080p but I want the card to comfortably last 2 years without dropping ANY settings, so a 1060 already can't get 60 in Witcher 3, so I don't mind the overkill, and by that exact performance does not matter since the performance is very close for all 1070s. I am mainly looking cool and quiet 1070.

I mainly want to play at 1080p but I want the card to comfortably last 2 years without dropping ANY settings, so a 1060 already can't get 60 in Witcher 3, so I don't mind the overkill, and by that exact performance does not matter since the performance is very close for all 1070s. I am mainly looking cool and quiet 1070.
Asus's card is very good then. Or giga. But I have to disappoint you. 1070 can't handle most of the games without dropping any settings. Max AA can easily kill it, Rise of tomb raider with his voxel ambient occlusion drops to 30 without AA even enabled et cetera. You need a Titan than =). But yes, I agree, 1070 is a great card.

Asus's card is very good then. Or giga. But I have to disappoint you. 1070 can't handle most of the games without dropping any settings. Max AA can easily kill it, Rise of tomb raider with his voxel ambient occlusion drops to 30 without AA even enabled et cetera. You need a Titan than =). But yes, I agree, 1070 is a great card.
I don't want to sound rude but I am not sure what you are talking about. The GTX 1060 can handle basically every game at 1080p maxed and 1070 is meant for 1440p and max settings or high Hz monitor with max settings. http://www.pcgamer.com/the-geforce-gtx-1070-review/ In this article PC Gamer found an average of 111 fps at 1080p with max settings. Please check their review for more detailed benchmarks. Also the GTX 1070 = Titan X (Maxwell) and 980ti

I don't want to sound rude but I am not sure what you are talking about. The GTX 1060 can handle basically every game at 1080p maxed and 1070 is meant for 1440p and max settings or high Hz monitor with max settings. http://www.pcgamer.com/the-geforce-gtx-1070-review/ In this article PC Gamer found an average of 111 fps at 1080p with max settings. Please check their review for more detailed benchmarks. Also the GTX 1070 = Titan X (Maxwell) and 980ti
Nice article tho. But i have both vc and game. So i know what i'm talking about. If you can see under "OMG 80+ FPS" there is a "DX11 mode 1080p at Very High with MSAA". That isn't "All settings crankd up". VXAO is OFF by default, but looks pretty nice, you know. Many games such as RotR or GeoW4 have such "high-demanding" options. Ofc lowering a bit some settings can give you even 120 fps. But for "All to the max" gameplay you need a 1080, 1080ti or TitanX pascal.

Nice article tho. But i have both vc and game. So i know what i'm talking about. If you can see under "OMG 80+ FPS" there is a "DX11 mode 1080p at Very High with MSAA". That isn't "All settings crankd up". VXAO is OFF by default, but looks pretty nice, you know. Many games such as RotR or GeoW4 have such "high-demanding" options. Ofc lowering a bit some settings can give you even 120 fps. But for "All to the max" gameplay you need a 1080, 1080ti or TitanX pascal.
Sorry, I guess after doing some research it seems that you are correct. Since currently I game on a potato I did not have a full grasp of options, and all the reviews I saw and read for the 1060 recommended it as the 1080p "Sweetpot" so I assumed that a 1070 would be complete overkill. This is actually good to hear since I was a bit sad at wasting all the extra FPS on a 1070 at 1080p.

Sorry, I guess after doing some research it seems that you are correct. Since currently I game on a potato I did not have a full grasp of options, and all the reviews I saw and read for the 1060 recommended it as the 1080p "Sweetpot" so I assumed that a 1070 would be complete overkill. This is actually good to hear since I was a bit sad at wasting all the extra FPS on a 1070 at 1080p.

There is no such thing as "overkill vc". Even if games of today cant load it completely, after a month new game will destroy it with graphic features. Or will be optimized as hell like dishonored2. But honestly, you always can load a vc to full if u want it.

There is no such thing as "overkill vc". Even if games of today cant load it completely, after a month new game will destroy it with graphic features. Or will be optimized as hell like dishonored2. But honestly, you always can load a vc to full if u want it.

Going from a gt 750m to anything will be a huge improvement. I feel the 1070 fits my budget the best

Going from a gt 750m to anything will be a huge improvement. I feel the 1070 fits my budget the best
Same feel bro, up'd from gtx460 to 1070, almost 8 times flops increase, 8 times memory (mine was 1gb) and infinite grows in happiness. And ofc 1070 (after rx470) has best price-to-perfomance ratio. Even better than 970 was when it had been released.

At this moment we can't do more, but wait for some papers, and tbh we can't estimate how long, because it doesn't depend on us.
Guys, what I'm thinking, you can just don't give a damn about those papers ya know, don't give a damn 'bout the law y'know. You can be like Polish-mafia, ya know, sellin' not drugs but cases, ya know. Like Johnny D. y'know, but with little cases. What do you think about it, guys? Hire some underground case-dealers, f* the police. Damn it's frustrating wait this case to come out. I'm already like donkey from shrek asking again and again for release date.

Reactions: RosaJ
like this
What exactly is VC anyway? You can't even write the whole thing or what?

99% sure vc = video card. Not sure what else it can be, but I left out that 1% just in case.

What exactly is VC anyway? You can't even write the whole thing or what?

Sorry, maybe it wasn't really understandable. I have to use "gpu" next time, but we were talking about videocards and i'm too lazy to write full word =) Don't be so angry.

99% sure vc = video card. Not sure what else it can be, but I left out that 1% just in case.

Thx mate! But that 1% doesn't exist tho, he-he.

like this
Sorry, maybe it wasn't really understandable. I have to use "gpu" next time, but we were talking about videocards and i'm too lazy to write full word =) Don't be so angry.

Thx mate! But that 1% doesn't exist tho, he-he.

Very nice of you to make up words. Yes. So very useful for everyone else. Writing videocard takes a long time, doesn't it? Even if you had only a single finger it wouldn't be an excuse.

Laziness is wrecking the world.

*** Little update ***

While we are still waiting for some papers from our administration, we've managed to send SENTRY to YetAnotherTechChannel for the 3rd and last professional external video review before the start of the campaign.
It was made in a climate of more realistic typical gamer scenarios, so if you still had some questions after watching Linus and Dmitry's reviews, we hope You will find answers in this video:

He hit on a key point; You'll use this case for builds to come. The 'mini itx' and 'full sized reference card' form factors aren't going away but the tdp from future architectures will only get better.

Edit: Spelling error

Temperatures seem pretty horrible with only a 380X in there. Put a 6700 + 980 TI and you will fry stuff inside.

Temperatures seem pretty horrible with only a 380X in there. Put a 6700 + 980 TI and you will fry stuff inside.
What's so bad about those temperatures?

Those are synthetic loads in a scenario where both CPU and GPU are at full load. According to the reviewer card wasn't throttling so it was okay.

Anyway from the start we've been targeting 150W TDP GPUs and if you want to use something hotter, then you should use it in vertical position or your mileage may vary.

Default temp, all like they said. Standing case with 380x is about 75, like cpu, which is totally ok. Horizontal 380x is not recommended, however temps were fine too.

Anyway from the start we've been targeting 150W TDP GPUs and if you want to use something hotter, then you should use it in vertical position or your mileage may vary.

Guys, any news? What I want say is - You both know, that marketing campaign, preordering and manufacturing stages are not so fast. So maybe you need to begin to slowly move forward, regardless of any papers and bureaucracy? I know, that is a risky business, but your project is already 2 years old. Maintenant there is no chance getting this case before january, maybe you should speed up a little to send cases for customers in january? I don't want to cause offence to you in some way, just looking for other variants of future of the project.

Theoretically we could launch the campaign and for example start shipping for each country when we're ready for that specific country, but reality is far away from this.

The problem is that, we need to know which countries we can legally cover or we can have problems for example selling a single unit to that country - either because we sold something before our product has been registered there (and pay penalties for that to get registered) or because we would pay many times more for the product fees in that country, than we'd get from that few units which went there. So we need to know whether we can sell directly to that country or not.

From the moment the paperwork is done, how much time until shipped units? I'm guessing the campaign will last 30 days, so after one month, production will start.

Theoretically we could launch the campaign and for example start shipping for each country when we're ready for that specific country, but reality is far away from this.

The problem is that, we need to know which countries we can legally cover or we can have problems for example selling a single unit to that country - either because we sold something before our product has been registered there (and pay penalties for that to get registered) or because we would pay many times more for the product fees in that country, than we'd get from that few units which went there. So we need to know whether we can sell directly to that country or not.

Ok, I understand. But you also need some time to gather orders and produce cases, that's where problems begin. I'm willing to help you with info about cis import, but i really don't fully understand what kind of info do you need. I've google some info about FTA (freetrade area), so you can sell easily in europe, afaik. Don't know nothing tho about USA and Canada laws. About cis - first of all, if you tell me exactly what i must google, I can help you with searching in .ru zone of internet for cis import. Things that I already know: there is a internet-shop in germany called ComputerUniverse, which sell pc's to cis, especially russia. They don't pay VAT in germany for export, AND they (or buyer) dont pay VAT for import in russia (ru import VAT starts only from 1000euro). So afaik if you gonna sell few units from Poland, you must check only your country's export VAT (if it exist), cause you will not pay VAT in russia. Dont know about other countrys, but Ukraine, for example, have same laws exept limit of VAT-free import, they have 300euro limit. And guys, people wait for oculus for years, If you start the campaign now, we will wait for our case for month or two, that's ok.
PS: sorry for my english

Saper and Zombi, you guys may want to contact Wiaczesław Oziabło, a Belarusian engineer who makes custom HOTAS controls for pc flight simulators. He was originally operating, manufacturing and shipping from Poland. Idk if he still is but he may have advice on getting started. Not sure of his website. I'll see if I can find it. You may already know of it?

like this
I think You guys didn't understand me correctly when I said that "we need to know" - it's not about 'getting the knowledge' but waiting for government agencies to classify our product in accordance to their laws so we can calculate if selling to that country is feasible for us or not (as said in my last post).

I think You guys didn't understand me correctly when I said that "we need to know" - it's not about 'getting the knowledge' but waiting for government agencies to classify our product in accordance to their laws so we can calculate if selling to that country is feasible for us or not (as said in my last post).
Ok, I understand. But anyway I think you guys need to start a campaign. I will be the first to give you my money. And maybe huge amount of money can "speed up" classification process, if you know what I mean =). So guys, as soon as you ready.

For those of You who haven't subscribed to our newsletter
Update!
Hello again!

We did not do any updates through our newsletter for a while and we think now is the time for it. At this moment we are only waiting for last documents and confirmations from our public administration, and we will be ready to go with indiegogo campaign.

Meanwhile, as we promised, we sent our prototype for the 3rd and last external video review before we start our campaign. Here You can check the result made byYetAnotherTechChannel:

If You did not watch earlier reviews, You can find them here:

Finally, we made a STRAW POLL, where we are asking what colour of SENTRY will you pick:

To speed up the production, we decided we will be applying powder coating in two different paintshops. The information about the color popularity will help us to optimize the painting process. In advance, thank You for Your help.

This is probably the last newsletter before our crowdfunding campaign. In the next one, when we will be ready, we will send You detailed information how You can get Your own SENTRY. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back