SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

Don't worry. In a few days we'll give you another reason to be excited... :cool:
hi man, i've just read about this project...it's Amazing so i will ask you these things
1. what can i find more info about this?
2. Price
3. when and where can i buy it?

We're pretty close to launching the product website with more info and subscription for notification on launch day - it's just a legal pain in Poland to use external subscription service and we've got some minor issues with the one we've chosen locally in Poland so we're working with them to resolve this.

Price should be something between $169 and $199 - this will be decided when we have total overview on taxes, customs and quality control/packaging expenses after we process this test batch of 25 units. We're still far from that decision, not because it takes this much time to process the batch, but because we have been busy as hell lately in our jobs and every spare moment was used to push the website launch and packaging production bit by bit.

When we're ready to launch, the website will have direct order form with payments processed through paypal. When? We'll see how it goes with boxes production but I think we should launch this summer and hopefully sooner than later :)

We're pretty close to launching the product website with more info and subscription for notification on launch day - it's just a legal pain in Poland to use external subscription service and we've got some minor issues with the one we've chosen locally in Poland so we're working with them to resolve this.

Price should be something between $169 and $199 - this will be decided when we have total overview on taxes, customs and quality control/packaging expenses after we process this test batch of 25 units. We're still far from that decision, not because it takes this much time to process the batch, but because we have been busy as hell lately in our jobs and every spare moment was used to push the website launch and packaging production bit by bit.

When we're ready to launch, the website will have direct order form with payments processed through paypal. When? We'll see how it goes with boxes production but I think we should launch this summer and hopefully sooner than later :)
i really like this news that site will be able to do direct order. one more thing...White is pearl White o glossy? i attend news for site here guys :)

The colors are RAL9010 (alpine white) end RAL9005 (deep black), matte structural with increased graininess. It gives quite nice feel when touched and it hides fingerprints etc. Black prototype unit that has been photographed has a bit different paint that we weren't content with.

i'm really fallin'love with this case....more than dan a4 ahahah if possible make a usb 3.0 shorter and black not blue...

Last edited:
i'm really fallin'love with this case....more than dan a4 ahahah if possible make a usb 3.0 shorter and black not blue...

Our usb cable needs to be so long, so it can work with most of motherboards. In some situations it will be too long but there are some mobos that have usb socket in a weird place, and we also want to allow people to buy and insert them in our pc case.

And about the colour: some people want it blue and others want it black. Typical colour for usb 3.0 is blue, and if we would like to give You the chance to pick black or blue, than we will need a bigger order of pc-cases with black USB or the price for a single case would increase over $200. We're trying to keep our case as cheap at it can be, while giving you as many additional components as possible. Making many different configurations will make Sentry more and more expensive, and we don't want that.

LOL, nope :D

I hope you get the concept that painting cables is not a good idea unless they're affixed to something and not moving because the paint will wear off quickly. The same goes for the socket where you put your pendrive's and such.

Anyway, we've talked about this with manufacturer. To use different plastic colour we'd have to order 10 000 cables xD

ok guys:):):) this is not a real problem for me. it was only a consideration done
not to create any problems :) black or White, most important thing to me is to take sentry and install my hardware ahah :)
i think to take White version. That color is absolutly Amazing :)

Our usb cable needs to be so long, so it can work with most of motherboards. In some situations it will be too long but there are some mobos that have usb socket in a weird place, and we also want to allow people to buy and insert them in our pc case.

And about the colour: some people want it blue and others want it black. Typical colour for usb 3.0 is blue, and if we would like to give You the chance to pick black or blue, than we will need a bigger order of pc-cases with black USB or the price for a single case would increase over $200. We're trying to keep our case as cheap at it can be, while giving you as many additional components as possible. Making many different configurations will make Sentry more and more expensive, and we don't want that.
in fact i want to install a gigabyte h170n wifi and it has a usb 3.0 slot in a stupid position ahah

in fact i want to install a gigabyte h170n wifi and it has a usb 3.0 slot in a stupid position ahah
My P8Z77I-Deluxe has it in an equally stupid place.
I'm planning on getting one of those flat 3.0 header extension cables and running it with the PCIE extension if I end up getting the A4-SFX.
For this case I'd probably get it too, just run it between the Motherboard IO and PCIE slot.
img_8786__67275_zoom_1.jpg

In this case, is there a preferable location for the ATX connector on the motherboard? Do most SFX/L power supplies have adequate cable length to reach both locations comfortably/cleanly? I think most boards I've seen have it either on the "top", above the CPU, or on the outer-most edge next to the memory slots. Cheers.

All of the relevant SFX-L power supplies for this case have modular cables and those are quite long : 350-450mm. With standard 24Pin connector location you still have a lot of spare cable length that you've got to hide between the gpu and the center wall so I wouldn't worry about cable length if you're buying a modular psu. There might be a problem with non-modular, low end SFX power supplies that might have short cables.

So I was wondering, do you think that there is any room for overclocking gpu and cpu's in this case? I know that the gpu and cpu are located in separate compartments to ensure that they don't affect each other temperature wise, and that water cooling would require some insane skill or would be nearly impossible to do within the case (without some custom parts) so do you think that an open-aired cooler would be capable and have enough wind power to overclock (assuming the case is in vertical position to gain that vertical open air temperature advantage) or would overclocking be extremely limited. Thanks and great work on the case, can't wait till your kickstarter/indiegogo is up :D.

My 3570K @ 4.1 did okay under a Cryorig C7 in my Ncase, it's definitely doable asa long as you keep voltages down.

I don't have one of these cases or anything like them, really, but I imagine a GPU with a good cooler on it like MSI, EVGA, or Gigabyte's coolers would do fine with a little OC.

So I was wondering, do you think that there is any room for overclocking gpu and cpu's in this case? I know that the gpu and cpu are located in separate compartments to ensure that they don't affect each other temperature wise, and that water cooling would require some insane skill or would be nearly impossible to do within the case (without some custom parts) so do you think that an open-aired cooler would be capable and have enough wind power to overclock (assuming the case is in vertical position to gain that vertical open air temperature advantage) or would overclocking be extremely limited. Thanks and great work on the case, can't wait till your kickstarter/indiegogo is up :D.

In earlier tests we've had R9-270X windforce 3X running pretty cool in vertical position and that's a 180W gpu so something like overclocking 150W GTX 1070 should be possible but remember that you're trading silence for performance this way.

We're not going to do a crowdfunding campaign because we don't need to. We can do almost any amount of orders like 25 units and we can simply stock-up with the cables for 100 units. Crowdfunding is a double-edged sword and if target is too low then it might look like a scam and with target too high people will wait to see if the campaign gets the momentum to jump on at the last moment. Failed campaigns are bad for marketing and we don't need that. Finally campaign would set us back with launching production even if we hit the target first day because we'd have to wait for it to end to get funded rather than ordering first batch straight away. We want the product to be ready for manufacturing on launch anyway and we like the "simple online order to get your unit manufactured" model - hopefully the waiting time will be around a month from the moment of order to shipping and in some time after the launch we'll have a buffer of units ready to be ordered off-shelf and shipped straight away.

Last edited:
My P8Z77I-Deluxe has it in an equally stupid place.
I'm planning on getting one of those flat 3.0 header extension cables and running it with the PCIE extension if I end up getting the A4-SFX.
For this case I'd probably get it too, just run it between the Motherboard IO and PCIE slot.
img_8786__67275_zoom_1.jpg

Note that USB transfer speed will be reduced if you use those because the data lines aren't twisted or shielded, which greatly reduces signal quality. If you often use the Front USB ports to connect external hard drives and need the high transfer speeds, don't use adapters like these.

Sadly, no - we're one step away from ordering the packaging so we can ship those review units. I've been pushing this subject for last two weeks.

We want to ship the review units in same packaging as production units are supposed to be packed and with cartons there's that thing you've got to order punch for cutting them out, printing matrix for prints which cost a bit and at least 200 boxes, which isn't a lot in terms of money, but if we screw something up, then we'll have 200 boxes that are useless and have to order them once again along with either punch, printing matrix or both, depending on what went wrong.

In earlier tests we've had R9-270X windforce 3X running pretty cool in vertical position and that's a 180W gpu so something like overclocking 150W GTX 1070 should be possible but remember that you're trading silence for performance this way.

We're not going to do a crowdfunding campaign because we don't need to. We can do almost any amount of orders like 25 units and we can simply stock-up with the cables for 100 units. Crowdfunding is a double-edged sword and if target is too low then it might look like a scam and with target too high people will wait to see if the campaign gets the momentum to jump on at the last moment. Failed campaigns are bad for marketing and we don't need that. Finally campaign would set us back with launching production even if we hit the target first day because we'd have to wait for it to end to get funded rather than ordering first batch straight away. We want the product to be ready for manufacturing on launch anyway and we like the "simple online order to get your unit manufactured" model - hopefully the waiting time will be around a month from the moment of order to shipping and in some time after the launch we'll have a buffer of units ready to be ordered off-shelf and shipped straight away.

Thank you so much for the quick response and update. I didn't know that you changed your method of sale but dang I hope these cases will be able to get the green light soon and that I'll be capable of making a build before the end of June :eek: (you can bet I'll be one of the first to buy the case). Also question, is the test cases you have now of the same quality as you expect from your big batch once everything is sorted out (if so, will you also be capable of getting all the parts together to make it sellable to consumers as I may consider buying a white case from that stack you have if it is :D).

Thank you so much for the quick response and update. I didn't know that you changed your method of sale but dang I hope these cases will be able to get the green light soon and that I'll be capable of making a build before the end of June :eek: (you can bet I'll be one of the first to buy the case). Also question, is the test cases you have now of the same quality as you expect from your big batch once everything is sorted out (if so, will you also be capable of getting all the parts together to make it sellable to consumers as I may consider buying a white case from that stack you have if it is :D).

Your 2nd sentence kills... :)

Yes, those cases (which You've seen laying on my desk) are the same quality as we expect from our manufacturer when we order 1st bigger batch for customers. Most of them we'll be sending for reviews. Maybe some of them we could sell, but those would be so expensive (up to 3 or 4 times of the standard final price of SENTRY) that we think You should wait for the client batch. We're still at the phase of testing, and we're buying components one-by-one, so in some situations some parts can be more than 5 times more expensive as 1 pcs than when we order 100 of them.
So what's the point paying over $500 when if You will wait a little bit, You'll get your case 3 times cheaper?
At this moment we don't have cables, plastic feet or switches for all of those 25 cases, but only for some of them, which will be probably sent for reviews.

Hello. When can I order a case or get a version for review?
Sincerely.

I've already told you like 3 times in your pm's last week that we're not yet selling and we're not sending out review units to anyone either. If you want to buy like everyone else then please wait. We'll be launching product page with newsletter subscription so you can get notified when we're ready.

Apart from that we're going to send out some review samples after LTT get their units and they're ready with their review AND we'll be selecting popular hardware sites for the reviews.

Excuse me please:)

I thought you already started manufacturing cases for sale:). I'll wait for the updates of the theme :). I could make a review for overclockers.ru (in principle, make even if you have to buy). By the way, I think the partition for 2x ssd not needed. more than enough m2 on the motherboard.

With respect.

Excuse me please:)

I thought you already started manufacturing cases for sale:). I'll wait for the updates of the theme :). I could make a review for overclockers.ru (in principle, make even if you have to buy). By the way, I think the partition for 2x ssd not needed. more than enough m2 on the motherboard.

With respect.
i think ssd partions are central. i can take 2 ssd 500gb for steam games and 1 256gb m.2 for os. where is the problem

While I of course recommend M.2 + single 2.5" hdd along with SFX-L PSU and full length blower card as the target config (Reference blower GTX 1070 and low TDP i7 recommended as well) you can also go for two drives easily - one on the rail above the motherboard in the middle of the case and second one either in front of short SFX psu (get 92mm fan version if possible) or below blower gpu.

As for the review samples - I think I've already addressed that, but I'll do it once again - we're not going to SELL review samples because review sample is given for free because making someone pay for our product when we want him to make a review is simply bad PR. Of course if you buy our product, then its fully yours and we cannot forbid you from making a review, making a "will it blend" videos etc. At the same time we're not going to ship hundreds of free units to everyone who says I'm a reviewer - I want a free sample. We want to optimize our promotion with reviews so we're going to pick popular media for the review samples.

Finally to address "reviews for a forum" - people on the hardware related forums are usually already in hardware news circles so when our news hit the media they'll post the info anyway. If you want to be a professional review then make your website, blog or youtube channel and check out LinusTechTips videos to know how to get your hands on stuff you want to review - Pro tip: start small with cheap stuff you can buy, open up for review and sell with discount or get a job close to computers - either build them or sell them.

With review samples we want to hit the social media, hardware news sites and popular youtube channels so we can reach out to clients that dont follow tech news and forums closely but they are tech geek enough to buy stuff they like when the see it. That's what usually brings most of the income in this type of projects, not the ones spending hours on figuring out how will they build it but the ones impulsively buying it on the first sight. We're of course not going to use that against people and deceive/false advertise the product but it's simply which client is more common when counting sold units whether it's a game, movie, bike or pc hardware.

Your 2nd sentence kills... :)

Yes, those cases (which You've seen laying on my desk) are the same quality as we expect from our manufacturer when we order 1st bigger batch for customers. Most of them we'll be sending for reviews. Maybe some of them we could sell, but those would be so expensive (up to 3 or 4 times of the standard final price of SENTRY) that we think You should wait for the client batch. We're still at the phase of testing, and we're buying components one-by-one, so in some situations some parts can be more than 5 times more expensive as 1 pcs than when we order 100 of them.
So what's the point paying over $500 when if You will wait a little bit, You'll get your case 3 times cheaper?
At this moment we don't have cables, plastic feet or switches for all of those 25 cases, but only for some of them, which will be probably sent for reviews.

Many apologies for the horrific grammar, I was in a rush.

AstroWan - I just read that famous second sentence of yours and until the the very end I thought that Zombi was just pedantic, but I was wrong - the end is epic :D

As for the supplies for the test batch - I'm steadily ordering those but as Zombi said - those cost more when ordered in small batch. That's not only because we're not getting the best price from the manufacturer until we hit the 100's of pcs but also because we pay a lot for shipping if we order more than "a sample" so the shipping cost significantly increases the "per pcs cost" and after that there's also the customs fee and tax that is based on the price with shipping cost included.

i send you mail for subscribing but i didn't recive anything for now in my account

I just checked, and Your subscription for gmail account is active. Only Your hotmail account is waiting for Your confirmation. Please check Your spam folder or please just wait a little bit. It should be just fine.

Love the new dedicated website! Only noticed a few minor things with the grammar.
Sentry is designed as self-supporting enclosure which means there's no division between the frame and covers like in classic cases.
(Added an a)
Sentry is designed as a self-supporting enclosure which means there's no division between the frame and covers like in classic cases.
This way it can ensure the maximum space use within such small form factor while maintaining high durability.
(Added a comma, an a, and changed use to usage)
This way, it can ensure maximum space usage within such a small form factor while maintaining high durability.
Additional valor of this feature is damping of vibrations, which would usually occur causing irritating noise in a frame based cases.
(Replaced valor for two optional choices, your pick. Also made noise plural and removed the a after)
An additional advantage/benefit of this feature is the damping of vibrations, which would usually occur causing irritating noises in frame based cases.
Case cover is equipped with a special insertion that creates small air pocket and partitions the space above graphics card, which limits recirculation of hot air in gpu chamber thus reducing the cover temperature and increasing thermal performance.
(This was a run-on sentence so I created another sentence. Stared it with the, added an a and the. Also replaced limits with Limiting, capitalized GPU, and added a comma before thus)
The case cover is equipped with a special insertion that creates a small air pocket and partitions the space above the graphics card. Limiting recirculation of hot air in the GPU chamber, thus reducing the cover temperature and increasing thermal performance.

Super stoked about this case! I already have all the componets residing in my current oversized space wasting mid-tower case. It's only saving grace is the blue LED lights:)

Edit: Removed some redundant spacing.

Back