Sending in the xbox for repair questions

MrMitch

Spinning Drives Rule!
So my xbox e74'd today. Will call MS soon, cell phone is dead at the moment.

3 Questions

1) Its a Halo Edition, will i get it back? Are they going to send me a arcade or something, i will be royally pissed if thats the situation.

2) Hard drive need to go? I hope not so i can keep my saves, but its also a halo edition drive and wouldn't match any other system style wise.

3) how long till i get my xbox back?

1. not sure, I believe you do, but you should make sure they know on the phone
2. no
3. depends, my turnaround times were 2 weeks 2 weeks 10 days.

I recall a story about some guy that had his xbox signed by everyone at Bungie or something like that and his died. He called and was told he would get the same box back. He did get it back but it was cleaned and all the signatures removed. Id get something in writing if the xbox is really important to you.

I recall a story about some guy that had his xbox signed by everyone at Bungie or something like that and his died. He called and was told he would get the same box back. He did get it back but it was cleaned and all the signatures removed. Id get something in writing if the xbox is really important to you.

That story was widely publicized and a huge PR mess for Microsoft. I'm pretty sure in the end they replaced all the signatures on it and gave the kid a pretty good reimbursement.

To the OP, you should get back the same edition. I sent in my elite and got an elite back. Nothing needs to go besides the console itself. No hard drive, no cables, etc. Theyll guide you through the whole thing when you call. Its pretty painless and costs nothing.

So my xbox e74'd today. Will call MS soon, cell phone is dead at the moment.

3 Questions

1) Its a Halo Edition, will i get it back? Are they going to send me a arcade or something, i will be royally pissed if thats the situation.

2) Hard drive need to go? I hope not so i can keep my saves, but its also a halo edition drive and wouldn't match any other system style wise.

3) how long till i get my xbox back?

you will get your original case back complete with S/N and everything. Your HDD does not need to go. if your HDD had failed you would have sent that in instead of the whole box.

You keep everything except for the console it's self.

glad to hear it guys,really didn't want to lose the halo one as it was a gift from my wife, did the online thing, i printed a pre-paid label which was nice, so hopefully I won't be without too long.

Potentially OT, but when MS refurbs a console, does that make it so your XBLA downloads are only usable by the profile they were purchased on?

Not sure if I phrased correctly. Like, if I download a game on my 360, any of the Live profiles on my 360 can play the game. But if I were to switch consoles (upgrade to an Elite or whatever), only my profile can play those games on the new console. Is this the same deal for refurbs, or does MS do something where they "re-marry" the new unit to your downloaded content?

Potentially OT, but when MS refurbs a console, does that make it so your XBLA downloads are only usable by the profile they were purchased on?

Not sure if I phrased correctly. Like, if I download a game on my 360, any of the Live profiles on my 360 can play the game. But if I were to switch consoles (upgrade to an Elite or whatever), only my profile can play those games on the new console. Is this the same deal for refurbs, or does MS do something where they "re-marry" the new unit to your downloaded content?
Look up the license transfer wizard. In short, they have web interfaced to transfer your licenses from one console to another so you can play purchased items offline on your replacement console. You can only do this once per year.

Back