Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I have a feeling this game is going to be very hard and people are going to complain.

Really? I think the bosses look really hard but the regular enemies look less threatening. I wonder, will this game have infinite respawns of mobs for backtracking purposes and will there be a lot of said backtracking? I hated DS because sometimes regular enemies were painfully hard to kill and I spent most of my time running away and I hate constant backtracking.

I have a feeling this game is going to be very hard and people are going to complain.

Considering who developed it, I have a feeling it will be no worse than any blowback that Dark Souls and Bloodborne got.

Really? I think the bosses look really hard but the regular enemies look less threatening. I wonder, will this game have infinite respawns of mobs for backtracking purposes and will there be a lot of said backtracking? I hated DS because sometimes regular enemies were painfully hard to kill and I spent most of my time running away and I hate constant backtracking.

the developers have stated multiple times that non-boss enemies are going to very difficult...Miyazaki has said that the reason they implemented this new 'revive' mechanic in the game was because of the brutal difficulty...sounds like this might be the most difficult out of all the Souls/Bloodborne games

Last edited:

the developers have stated multiple times that non-boss enemies are going to very difficult...Miyazaki has said that the reason they implemented this new 'revive' mechanic in the game was because of the brutal difficulty...sounds like this might be the most difficult out of all the Souls/Bloodborne games

Lol damn, if that's the case consider me OUT. I like challenges but intentional frustrating mechanics just don't do it for me. I liked Dark Souls for the boss battles but I could've skipped everything else and been fine.

I'm just hopeful that the game offers the same type of exploration and variety that the Souls/Borne games do. There are so many different ways to approach things. From different weapons and strategies to non-linear levels. Bloodborne and DS1 were especially wide-open with how you progressed.
I don't want this to just be a samurai Dark Souls (we have Nioh), but I hope those things continue.

I'm just hopeful that the game offers the same type of exploration and variety that the Souls/Borne games do. There are so many different ways to approach things. From different weapons and strategies to non-linear levels. Bloodborne and DS1 were especially wide-open with how you progressed.
I don't want this to just be a samurai Dark Souls (we have Nioh), but I hope those things continue.

one thing there won't be is different classes and builds...so it's like Bloodborne in that respect...no pvp or multiplayer as well which is disappointing...also I'm worried about replay value with Sekiro...I need to see this new 'revive' mechanic in action before forming an opinion but I'm not a fan of dying and being able to revive at the same location...the developers have stated that this featire was needed because of the high difficulty in the game...without it players would get really frustrated and quit

I wonder if there is a inner meaning behind Shadows Die Twice do you get two chances before you restart a failed mission or is it two stage boses?

Dark Souls is 3 years old already if you can believe that and I never went back to the game after my Save file was deleted.

Dark Souls is 3 years old already if you can believe that and I never went back to the game after my Save file was deleted.

I put like 600 hours into the game and didn't realize the game had no cloud saving when I reimaged my machine. Was never able to get back into DS3 after losing my save file.

I always thought it was weird there was no cloud save for the DS games on PC. I have a piles of saves stashed away just in case, but I probably won't play any of them again any time soon. I made a run through all 3 of them in a row last year and I don't have any desire to do that again for a while.

Anyone know if people can swap saves or are they tied to your Steam ID?

My Demon's souls save PS3 is still good though figure that out.

Last edited:
Elajjaz had 2 hours with the game. Not gonna watch the whole thing because of spoilers, but if anyone is interested.

Nice Ambient sounds character moves like Jet LI.

I'm really liking what I see here, that's for sure. I like the posture system, stealth mechanics, combos, and the executions. It looks like it changes enough to make the game fresh. He says it's more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls. Can't wait to play it.

I always thought it was weird there was no cloud save for the DS games on PC. I have a piles of saves stashed away just in case, but I probably won't play any of them again any time soon. I made a run through all 3 of them in a row last year and I don't have any desire to do that again for a while

the original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition as well as the Remastered version have cloud saves

Preview embargo was lifted a few minutes ago...reviewers were able to play the first few hours and posted their impressions...this is not a full review of the game...impressions are very positive...From Software has created another amazing game...

Sekiro is brutal, beautiful, and From Software’s friendliest game yet

Immensely challenging but approachable, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice feels spectacular...
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/6/18253125/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-preview-impressions
-------------------------------------------

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice sharpens the FromSoftware formula to a deadly point

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/sekiro-combat-stealth
-------------------------------------------

Shadows Die Twice preview — Dark Souls, reinvented

https://www.windowscentral.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-preview
------------------------------------------------

Sekiro Is More Than Just Samurai Dark Souls

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is reminiscent of the Soulsborne games, but it's very much its own thing as well...
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-hands-on,review-6220.html

Sounds good thus far. With this an DMC5 hitting within 2 weeks of each other I should be busy for a while.

Friendly lol maybe it won't be that bad of a staring contest with you and the screen. I had this pre-ordered in August already

when they first announced the revive mechanic I wasn't too happy about it but the way they implemented it sounds pretty cool...you only get two chances to revive yourself and the more you die, the more a sickness called Dragon Rot grows in the world around you, and it can begin to afflict the people you've interacted with in the game...when a character you've met in Sekiro gets sick with the Dragon Rot, it'll change the ways they interact with you, possibly even stopping them from talking to you (or helping you, or selling you things etc)

this sounds like another From Software masterpiece in level design and gameplay...I can't wait to play

Oh well I took off work March 22nd, didn't want to be sitting at work looking at Sekiro stuff wishing I was home that day.

Even though this was announced a long time ago it feels like the release has snuck up on me.
I have some work-related travel coming up around the 22nd so I'll probably just wait until I get back to begin. This feels like the kind of game you don't want to get out of rhythm with.

Oh well I took off work March 22nd, didn't want to be sitting at work looking at Sekiro stuff wishing I was home that day.

I hope the game isn't that hard for you sake lol...you might wish you were at work.

I've been avoiding most gameplay videos and trailers but read some of the Preview articles yesterday...the game sounds like another From Software masterpiece...maybe not on Bloodborne level but close enough...as per usual the level design is amazing and there are a lot of secret mechanics that players will need to solve on their own- dying too much or using the revive mechanic too much has unforeseen consequences

I've been avoiding most gameplay videos and trailers but read some of the Preview articles yesterday...the game sounds like another From Software masterpiece...maybe not on Bloodborne level but close enough...as per usual the level design is amazing and there are a lot of secret mechanics that players will need to solve on their own- dying too much or using the revive mechanic too much has unforeseen consequences

I avoided a lot too ever since the first teaser video when we didn't even know the title. I didn't want to get too hyped up while I wait for it and rather play it completely blind and enjoy it. The only other content I really watched was fairly recently and it was the demo area up to the first boss. If it's anything like the Dark Souls 3 demo which had a weaker version of dancer as the first boss, my guess is the current gameplay demo doesn't represent how things play out anyways.

I avoided a lot too ever since the first teaser video when we didn't even know the title. I didn't want to get too hyped up while I wait for it and rather play it completely blind and enjoy it. The only other content I really watched was fairly recently and it was the demo area up to the first boss. If it's anything like the Dark Souls 3 demo which had a weaker version of dancer as the first boss, my guess is the current gameplay demo doesn't represent how things play out anyways.

seems like From Software is not revealing a lot of gameplay videos as most of the videos I've seen are all from that same demo level...they're starting to show more areas and bosses recently but I've been avoiding those...I saw some gameplay of a new area yesterday but skipped around the video so things would feel fresh when I play

Pre-load is up on Steam I won't be able to play it until next week since my weekend ends up in the middle of the week.
Unless I try it for a bit on Friday

official launch trailer...get hyped!

I asked the guys on Steam if Blocking is optional I think it's going to be critical of the game not sure if it will be difficult to block stuff. One thing for sure not going to plow though the game like I did with Dark Souls 3.

I asked the guys on Steam if Blocking is optional I think it's going to be critical of the game not sure if it will be difficult to block stuff. One thing for sure not going to plow though the game like I did with Dark Souls 3.

I hear with Sekiro you need to master parrying...I also hear it's really difficult even for Souls vets...and no summoning or help so you need to learn to beat all the bosses solo

I hear with Sekiro you need to master parrying...I also hear it's really difficult even for Souls vets...and no summoning or help so you need to learn to beat all the bosses solo

Yeah I really don't know if this game is for me if it's that hard.

Yeah I really don't know if this game is for me if it's that hard.

Agree here...I love the exploration and discovery of the SoulsBorne games and of course the fighting and steady progress but i am not generally great with bosses so I could relax on particularly hard bosses knowing I could summon for help. Hopefully bosses are not difficult to the point of frustration and impeding progress.

review embargo has officially lifted and the game is getting outstanding reviews...pretty much every review (or review in progress) has loved the game...once again level design, world building and combat are top notch...90+ scores across the board...

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Review In Progress: So Much Harder Than 'Dark Souls' Or 'Bloodborne'

It's the best game I've played since Bloodborne...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...r-than-dark-souls-or-bloodborne/#30a0c90c77f7

The depth and volume in the level design are phenomenal and I can’t get my head around how someone even begins to create a world like this...From Software titles aren’t known for being the most visually pleasing, but Sekiro Shadows Die Twice looks great...It’s a step above Bloodborne and Dark Souls III and the smoothness of the framerate is sublime...And although it might not be the most technically impressive game in terms of visuals, the art-direction stands side by side with the level design as absolutely top shelf...
https://powerup-gaming.com/2019/03/22/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-review-a-brand-new-beast/

Sekiro is a game a lot of people are going to bounce off...It’s one for the “git gud” crowd – for people who want a feeling of accomplishment, rather than the fake achievement you feel from finding some Level 20 Pants in most modern triple-A experiences...It’s FromSoftware at its most confident, at its most unapologetic...It’s Bloodborne but faster, with fewer crutches yet somehow more fair...It’s also one of the best games released so far in what’s already looking like a strong 2019...
https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/21/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-review/

Last edited:
Back