Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

polonyc2

Fully [H]
From Software — the iconic studio behind Dark Souls and Bloodborne — is making something new, though unfortunately we have no idea what it actually is...it doesn’t even have a name yet...but they did debut a brief new trailer at the Game Awards 2017...whatever it is I'm in...my favorite developer...

Looks like some sort of mechanical device reanimating a skeleton. Whatever it is, I Believe in From Software.

Seems thematically cool, but obviously we have no idea what kind of game it will turn out to be. I have faith in their vision of what horror should be, though.

whatever this turns out to be it's sure to be epic...I'm glad they're trying something new outside of the Dark Souls gameplay...From Software is right up there with CDPR as far as top developers in gaming today...Naughty Dog is also up there

Seeing around the web that everyone seems to think it is a new Shadow Tower game, which was a dungeon crawler from the 90s.

Had never heard of Shadow Tower before. Based on 5-6 minutes of YouTube footage, it looks a lot like Daggerfall...but that might just be due to technical similarities.
I'm game for anything horror-related.

Shadows Die Twice Is Probably Harder Than Bloodborne and Dark Souls, Says FromSoftware

Fans of the infamously challenging Bloodborne and Dark Souls games won't have to worry about developer FromSoftware going easy on them with its next game...in fact, it turns out Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is likely to be even more difficult than those games...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...n-bloodborne-and-dark-souls-says-fromsoftware

Shadows Die Twice Is Probably Harder Than Bloodborne and Dark Souls, Says FromSoftware

Fans of the infamously challenging Bloodborne and Dark Souls games won't have to worry about developer FromSoftware going easy on them with its next game...in fact, it turns out Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is likely to be even more difficult than those games...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...n-bloodborne-and-dark-souls-says-fromsoftware
Dark Souls III was enough difficulty for me, thanks. I'll still play it, regardless.

Interesting. I have mixed feelings about this one. Feels like this is a setting that has been done a lot...including very recently in the similarly designed Nioh. I get that it's not the same, but I kinda wish they did something else instead. I'm sure it will be a great game either way, though.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice promises a thrilling evolution of the Souls formula

Miyazaki says Sekiro will be like Dark Souls 1 in the way that it interconnects, with multiple paths between each area - "with some exceptions..."Players will also have choice in the order they complete the game in, From confirmed...in Sekiro, both the player character and enemies have something called Posture, which regenerates while not in battle...as the player, if you are hit by enemy attacks, your Posture is reduced, and if you don't block an incoming attack perfectly, you'll lose Posture as well

Sekiro is punishing to those that make mistakes. "The intention is the player will die a lot," Miyazaki confirmed...We want every battle to feel intense - we want players to feel that risk and trepidation associated with battle and fighting toe to toe with these enemies...and in order to do that, the player has to die a lot...but when they die and respawn and die again, and then retry, that doesn't feel good...so, we needed something to address that, and that became the resurrection system."

One of the things From is resolute about not borrowing from Dark Souls, however, is any kind of asynchronous multiplayer system - Sekiro will be a purely single-player experience..."We aren't considering a system similar to the messages or any asynchronous system," confirms Miyazaki when asked whether they were ever tempted to put something like that in the game..."That goes back to wanting to do something new; we don't want it to just be a repeat of what we've done before...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...es-a-thrilling-evolution-of-the-souls-formula

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Gets A Release Date

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the successor to From Software's Dark Souls series, and now we know its exact release date...Sekiro will launch March 22, 2019, and yes, that includes a PC release (via Steam)…

https://www.pcgamer.com/sekiro-release-date/

Yzs0X3e.jpg

My biggest worry is the environment going to be boring it looks alot like NIOH basically from software looked at NIOH and said "Hey we can do that."

Last edited:
Some gameplay from Gamescom with an interview explaining how the prosthetic arm works.

that's a bad-ass Shinobi statue...I might have to buy my 2nd ever Collector's Edition...first one being Dark Souls 2 with that amazing 12" Warrior Knight figurine...

yX827A1h.jpg

Attachments

• yX827A1.jpg
    yX827A1.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 167
My biggest worry is the environment going to be boring it looks alot like NIOH basically from software looked at NIOH and said "Hey we can do that."

I have to admit that nothing shown so far has wow'd me...I'm basically trusting that From Software will deliver the goods...if it is like NiOH it will definitely be better overall...they never disappoint when it comes to gameplay, enemy design, level design etc...graphics also look a bit soft in every video I've seen...but From has never been about graphics...

Some gameplay from Gamescom with an interview explaining how the prosthetic arm works.

that's the best gameplay video I've seen of the game thus far...totally had that Souls vibe as far as environments, enemy design and combat...now I'm starting to get really hyped...I'm still not sure about that grappling hook and the revive mechanic but overall it looks pretty impressive

This looks really good using alot more Stealth in the game like you would in Assassin's Creed game.

From Software explains why it's working with Activision on Sekiro

From's community manager Yasuhiro Kitao says Activision was one among many western publishers it pitched Sekiro to...

"And they absolutely loved the idea; they loved the project right from the start. They really respected our vision, and also along the way they were able to provide user testing and feedback that we simply can't handle so it was really beneficial."...

https://www.pcgamer.com/from-software-explains-why-its-working-with-activision-on-sekiro/

still doesn't explain why they didn't use Bandai Namco again to publish it

From's community manager Yasuhiro Kitao says Activision was one among many western publishers it pitched Sekiro to...

"And they absolutely loved the idea; they loved the project right from the start. They really respected our vision, and also along the way they were able to provide user testing and feedback that we simply can't handle so it was really beneficial."...

https://www.pcgamer.com/from-software-explains-why-its-working-with-activision-on-sekiro/

Maybe Bamco didn't like the pitch for the game.

Preordered this game same time as Metro Exodus and Darksiders 3.
I think this game will be the best of the bunch cause it looks more innovative.

Good seems to have in different monster variations still was hoping for MP.

Last edited:

Expect 7 different "ultimate" editions and still be full of Micro transactions and loot boxes and pre-order bonuses and pay-to-win mechanics.

Activision, not even once.

I wonder if my steam preorder is still valid you would think they would use Battlenet.

I wonder if my steam preorder is still valid you would think they would use Battlenet.

has it been confirmed that it'll be using Battle.net?...it's definitely going to be on Steam so if they do use Battle.net then it'll just be a wrapper like Ubisoft titles on Steam do with Uplay

Why in the world would I pre-order this right now sans any sort of discount or incentive? Unless you have some kind of gift card that's about to expire I don't get the point.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay walkthrough (and preview of Corrupted Monk boss fight)

starting at the 6:46 mark the video shows new locations which I haven't seen in any previous gameplay videos...OK, I'm officially loving this now...level design once again looks top notch...the game seems to reward aggression which reminds me of Bloodborne...even regular enemies seem pretty tough...I'm still torn on the revive mechanic (which I don't like) but hopefully it's not too bad...

Last edited:
Well this is the first game without summoning so I suspect it will be hard unless you just grind souls. All of that blocking of sword swings looks insane. I wonder if Froms software network matchmaking guy left.

Ahead of the game's March 22nd release, From Software and Activision have released the minimum and recommended system requirements for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice...not very demanding at all...

Minimum requirements:
  • OS: Windows 7 64-bit | Windows 8 64-bit | Windows 10 64-bit
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 | AMD FX-6300
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 25 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 Compatible
Recommended requirements:
  • OS: Windows 7 64-bit | Windows 8 64-bit | Windows 10 64-bit
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K | AMD Ryzen 5 1400
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 570
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 25 GB available space
  • Sound card: DirectX 11 Compatible

I have a feeling this game is going to be very hard and people are going to complain.

Back