Sega's Office Pranks = Win!

Damn that was creative.

If that was my desk I'd think about moving some of the stuff out of my way but keep the general layout.

Not sure I would waste my saturday or day off as they obviously did to pull off a prank. Pranks that take over 15 minutes to complete are a bigger loss to the designer then to the victim. I have good spirits about this kinda thing, but if my belongings were sold without my knowledge, the work place would no longer be a pleasant place for those responsible. That said, doubtful they did anything besides box it up and hide it in that video.

Anyone else notice that the other cubicles and offices looked really messy in the background? Very lax work environment.

Now we know why Mario has been kicking the crap out of Sonic for years.

Comment from Kotaku:

Haha! We got you! WE FUCKING GOT YOU MAN!

PWNED....WHOOOOOO! *air hi-fives*

no seriously Aaron, we cleaned out your desk...you've been let go.

I just *had* to post it here. Made me lol a lot

I wish we had cute girls like that working in our office. they could redecorate my desk any day.

I prefer Dwight's wrapping paper desk courtesy of Jim from The Office, but this is creative and cute.

maybe thats why their games are so bad now, they do pranks instead of work.

I wouldn't really call all of their games as bad. Virtua Tennis and Football Manager are the best in their respective "type" of games. The newer Total War games are now published by Sega too. And they're still one of the big arcade game developers/publishers currently, jousting with Namco/Bandai and Konami.

I wish we had cute girls like that working in our office. they could redecorate my desk any day.

I watched it twice... keep missing this, what time do they show up so I can check them out. All I see is a couple of bowling pins...

... pretty lackluster response to the joke by the guy if you ask me. Didn't seem like he was too impressed with them lol.

By far there is way more time invested in that than I'd ever want to spend - very awesome none-the-less - hope the guy didn't have anything to do 'cause it's gonna take some time to clean all that up.

Not really a prank.
Not really funny.
Not at all entertaining.
Not worth the effort.
Not even very creative.

I don't see the point at all.

Not really funny and it seemed like he knew what had happened before walking into the room.

From the YouTube page..
Aaron went on vacation for 3 weeks and we had some fun with this desk - maybe too much fun.

3 WEEKS VACATION?? I wanna work there!!

Also from the YouTube page..

what a LAME reaction -_-

Is it just me or was there a little too much effort in ratio to payoff/reaction

QFT

I did like the peppy music & the video was very well made!!

21feb27-office-prank.jpg

From the YouTube page..

3 WEEKS VACATION?? I wanna work there!!
[/IMG]

From a friend that used to work in the game industry that wasn't too uncommon at the end of a project, because they'd usually be working 80+ hour weeks right before launch. They'd all take 2 or more weeks off after something shipped.

Overall this is pretty neat though, that took a ton of effort.

lol damn thats harsh.

No, that's reality. Their dev teams haven't made anything but crap for quite some time and their production side tends to do more missing than hitting (Bayonetta would be a hit :D).

I'm still angry about it, but I had some guys fill every square inch of floor and shelf space in my college dorm room with Dixie cups full of water. They left a path in the Dixie cups just large enough for the door to swing open. I forget how many thousand cups of water it was.

Like I said, I am still angry about it. It would have been funny if it wasn't done to me. Far more shocking than the prank in this video.

dam, your office must suck cause one of the chicks looked like a boiled chicken and the other one was a fat chick and not big booty and breastes fat either. big gut and fat feet fat.

overall, looked like too much work to me and the guy clearly knew before he even came in. next time electrify his chair and keep joy-buzzing him every time he starts a sentence or takes a sip of water :D

i know, pretty lame prant.. it wasn't even funny.. a waste of time IMO

This.

Lighten up people. When you're spending 50+ hours a week in a cubicle farm, year after year, I think you're aloud to have a little fun at work. sheesh.

That would be "allowed" to have a little fun at work. :eek:

Am I the only one who thinks 3 weeks seems kinda like a normal vacation?

Normal to me. My wife, and our friends, all get 3-4 weeks of vacation. Between us we represent 5 fortune 500's in the Twin Cities area. I probably wouldn't accept a job that didn't offer 3+ weeks.

Back