Sega Is Giving Its Employees Significant Raises

erek

[H]F Junkie
Why can’t Blizzard be more like Sega

“Looking ahead, Sega has several projects in development. Like a Dragon: Ishin releases later this month, Company of Heroes 3 is being published by the company, and a new mobile game being led by Nier Automata's writer-director Yoko Taro has a very weird plot involving sentient Sega games and a corrupt version of the company that has taken over the world.”

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-is-giving-its-employees-significant-raises/1100-6511624/

I would like to see Sega come out with another home system, but it'll probably be another Poor Man's x86 PC.

I think a new handheld would make more sense for Sega because there's less competition there than home consoles.

I think a new handheld would make more sense for Sega because there's less competition there than home consoles.
The Big N and Android have those covered, and that's not including the Steam Deck and other x86 based ones.
Sega made the right call and exited the hardware side, and just focus on software development.
Not sure if their still in the arcades with their systems, I haven't been in a game room in 20 years, if they're still around.

at this point there is no market for another major console.
Sure ain't. What would Sega bring unique to the console space? The quality of their games has been lacking in the past two decades. They really only have the Yakuza games. If it wasn't for game pass the MS wouldn't even have anything to bring to the market.

Last edited:
Why can’t Blizzard be more like Sega

“Looking ahead, Sega has several projects in development. Like a Dragon: Ishin releases later this month, Company of Heroes 3 is being published by the company, and a new mobile game being led by Nier Automata's writer-director Yoko Taro has a very weird plot involving sentient Sega games and a corrupt version of the company that has taken over the world.”

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-is-giving-its-employees-significant-raises/1100-6511624/
Watch their stock price plummet :(

Watch their stock price plummet :(
1676869906633.png

It will launch with Shenmue 4 and the canceled Half Life port that was 99% done.

I think it was actually 100% done and Sony paid them not to release it. Review copies were sent out. You can download it and play it. But be careful, my friend torrented it and got a warning letter from his ISP from Sony specifically calling it out. This happened in 2009. Completely fucking crazy. Sony sending out letters for torrenting a Dreamcast game that never came out 10 years ago.

Also I think the original Xbox was spiritually the Dreamcast 2.

If Sega launched a new system, they wouldn't have to compete with Sony or Micro$oft, they'd have to compete against Nintendo and the Switch. I think they could do it if they released Sega only games like they had on the Sega Arcades those were fun games, which is why the Switch has been so successful, Sega knew how to make fun games too.

Old rivalries never die.

Back