I have been out of the loop for several years. I built my first and only rig (for myself) 10 years ago which I am still using today. It is an athlox xp 2400+ based build. I have built other computers in between but those have been budget builds for friends and family.
I started out as a PC gamer and switched to console gaming because of friends. I recently tried to game on my PC and was reminded that my computer is pretty old and miserable.
I have been into photography for a few years and have been using my GF's pc for my photo edits. I recently moved into my own place and now need my PC to be able to handle this also.
I am now seeking advice on building a pc.
I am leaning towards an i7 920 based build. Any help?
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming, photoshop, video editing.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to keep the build under 1k (including shipping and taxes) but i can stretch that out a bit for a better build. I am not sure if this is a reasonable budget for what I want to achieve. I can extend my budget to reach my goals.
3) Where do you live?
NYC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU, HS+HSF
I would like to use the onboard video for the time being until I can budget in a pair of good graphics cards.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing my monitor and i have several generic atx cases lying around. I also have a few older HD's that I will be using until I am out of space.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I want to OC as long as I can keep the PC relatively quiet, stable, and reliable.I plan to keep this system for a few years. Is it possible to achieve good OC's and stay on air cooling without my PC generating too much noise? Or is this only achievable with watercooling?
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
HannsG 28" Wide Monitor True 1080P with HDMI 3ms 800:1 400 cd/m2
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I would like to purchase and assemble ASAP. However, I can hold off for better/more affordable components. I am in no rush to build it.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Raid, eSata, USB3, Firewire. I would eventually like to run dual graphics cards.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
64bit win7
I started out as a PC gamer and switched to console gaming because of friends. I recently tried to game on my PC and was reminded that my computer is pretty old and miserable.
I have been into photography for a few years and have been using my GF's pc for my photo edits. I recently moved into my own place and now need my PC to be able to handle this also.
I am now seeking advice on building a pc.
I am leaning towards an i7 920 based build. Any help?
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming, photoshop, video editing.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to keep the build under 1k (including shipping and taxes) but i can stretch that out a bit for a better build. I am not sure if this is a reasonable budget for what I want to achieve. I can extend my budget to reach my goals.
3) Where do you live?
NYC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU, HS+HSF
I would like to use the onboard video for the time being until I can budget in a pair of good graphics cards.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing my monitor and i have several generic atx cases lying around. I also have a few older HD's that I will be using until I am out of space.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I want to OC as long as I can keep the PC relatively quiet, stable, and reliable.I plan to keep this system for a few years. Is it possible to achieve good OC's and stay on air cooling without my PC generating too much noise? Or is this only achievable with watercooling?
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
HannsG 28" Wide Monitor True 1080P with HDMI 3ms 800:1 400 cd/m2
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I would like to purchase and assemble ASAP. However, I can hold off for better/more affordable components. I am in no rush to build it.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Raid, eSata, USB3, Firewire. I would eventually like to run dual graphics cards.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
64bit win7