Security Flaw in Intel Technology - Rapid Storage

FYI - This is the RST Rapid Storage Technology Suite. Not CPU. But chipset driver related. In most cases (non-RAID application), windows 10 drivers (Standard SATA AHCI) are sufficient and RST is not required for Intel Storage. Optane needs an update. I really haven't used RST since Win7.

First decent deal I see on a used threadripper setup this X99 system is gone. Aside from my laptop this is the last Intel system I have.
I feel your pain, and have replaced far too many Intel-based systems because of these never-ending exploits, and not just exclusively with their CPUs.
At a minimum, it is good that they are releasing patches, but the time, energy, and lost value/performance caused by many of these exploits has just been the final nail in the coffin.

I can't say enough good things about their SSDs, NICs, and AI processors, even with said exploits and bugs, but damn, their CPUs and chipsets are just swiss cheese at this point, especially on any that no longer have software or firmware patches being released, which essentially kills the hardware from a security-standpoint.

First decent deal I see on a used threadripper setup this X99 system is gone. Aside from my laptop this is the last Intel system I have.

I'm trying to get rid of all Intel hardware from my network. NIC's, chipsets, you name it. I'm actually running an AMD FX chip as my router with no Intel NIC inside.

I just wonder at what point does all of this stop seeming so accidental and/or coincidental?

I'm trying to get rid of all Intel hardware from my network. NIC's, chipsets, you name it. I'm actually running an AMD FX chip as my router with no Intel NIC inside.

I just wonder at what point does all of this stop seeming so accidental and/or coincidental?

Aren't the Intel NICs the best in the industry for consumers?

https://hardforum.com/threads/x570-realtek-vs-intel-lan.1989321/

upload_2019-12-24_0-45-46.png

Poor Intel, they be having a bad day. when do the hackers get accused of being conspirators from china spying on the US and it's citizens?

Lol

There's no way these are all security flaws.

Backdoors for alphabet agencies is more believable.

Back