Security cameras?

VulcaN

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone ever install security cameras before? Im looking at a DVR kind of package that comes with say 4 outdoor cameras and 4 indoor ones, in the $2000-3000 or so ballpark?

I want to be able to view the cameras over the internet from anywhere... self installation kit type thing.

Any reccomendations?

i have setup a few system's but dont remember what really model they were
I think it was a sony setup...
I know its not hard to do, install the cameras run the cables to a router, but that should be in the guide with the system.

Overpriced. I've seen X11-style cameras that send the video as .jpgs every couple seconds to your PC, or to an FTP server of your choice (preferably off-site). Those were only about $160 each, but I can't remember the brand. If you look at home-automation sites you'll probably find the ones I saw, or at least something similar. As for outdoor cameras you're guess is as good as mine.

I'm building two systems for security place right now. He provided model number for cards. So once i get into it a bit more i'll update, but the cards do 4 cameras at 640x480. AFAIK

Well I dont really want those X10 / X11 style cameras. They seem a little cheap to me, im looking for a much more professional looking CCTV system, and the outdoor ones have to be pretty rugged.

It should come with software for monitoring the cameras over the web, not just uploading jpg's to a file/web server.

And im really hoping for a package deal, the computer hardware cards, the software, the cameras, the cabeling, etc etc

VulcaN said:
Well I dont really want those X10 / X11 style cameras. They seem a little cheap to me, im looking for a much more professional looking CCTV system, and the outdoor ones have to be pretty rugged.

It should come with software for monitoring the cameras over the web, not just uploading jpg's to a file/web server.

And im really hoping for a package deal, the computer hardware cards, the software, the cameras, the cabeling, etc etc

Most HQ systems that you find you will have to provide your own cable, I installed the camera system at my last position and had to buy the cable, which i found networkable cameras, there are computer hw cards Newegg Link here but they are pretty pricey

I just purchased a house. It has 4 main entrances, so I'd like to set up 4 cameras on those entraces. Recording on a loop would be nice.

Is there a way to do this? You know how you access a router, by typing in 192.XXX.XX.X and then entering a user name and password, well are there cameras out there that are set up like this? So you could access them on anypc in the house?

Back