Section 8 Closed Beta

I was a huge tribes fan, and I can say that this is a very well thought out and executed attempt at making a Tribes clone. This game is good, and the beta is definitely polished and playable

Section 8 is a great game from what I seen in the demo.

This game is NOT tribes or crysis. It is closer related to the gameplay of U2XMP aka UTXMP.

If I can find this game on steam at launch, I will likely pick it up in support. We need more games like this. This game has a lot going for it to keep you busy.

Section 8 is a great game from what I seen in the demo.

This game is NOT tribes or crysis. It is closer related to the gameplay of U2XMP aka UTXMP.

If I can find this game on steam at launch, I will likely pick it up in support. We need more games like this. This game has a lot going for it to keep you busy.

Agreed, but the weapon damage is far too low, unlike XMP. They need to notch up weapon damage at range about 15-20 percent, and point blank damage 10 percent, IMO. At this time, it takes 2 clips of constant hits to kill someone at 100 yards (a common engaging distance). And what the hell is with the lock on? That's some lame console bullcrap right there. It serves almost no use due to ping, and yet it's still included?....Does anyone actually waste upgrade slots improving it either? :eek:

Im not normally a graphics whore....but the visuals of the section 8 beta truly suck ass.

I didn't agree with the lock-on feature at first. I too took it as a console move. But I have actually come to rely on it as a tactic when out numbers... and not :p

I mainly use the machine gun. I cant say that I have ever ran out of ammo while shooting down a single enemy. For the most part not even with the assault rifle.

Everyone has shields. Once their shield is worn through, they are easy kills. Most games don't have personal shields 24/7, so players in this game take a bit more stopping power to put down.

I never really focused on the graphics, just the gameplay. The gameplay sells me, so I could care less about the graphics. If you want eye candy you are better to stick with COD4 or COD5. BTW take into consideration that this game has some pretty huge maps and a lot going on. If the graphics where turned up a bit it would take more resources that some gamers just may not have. Then again I suppose they are neglecting the gamers that demand more more and more. But we all seen where this got us with Crysis.

If you go into the display settings there is a benchmark demo. The demo is based off the single player campaign and the graphics are bumped up a LOT. Like some games out there, Section 8 too has more eye candy in the single player portion of the game.

Once the retail version is released the textures may be bumped up a bit. Multiplayer options may include fog and better particle effect. But I'm pretty sure that the hard angle terrain will still be there.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I'm putting my money on fun vs. eye candy this time :p

Back