Seasonic X750 Gold $109.99

Crazy Deal in my opinion. I'm in love with my fleet of 650's...if I had the need I'd be all over this one. Damn, that's a nice price...:).

happened to snag one last night when they were back in stock. Thanks OP. This was a [H]ot deal :)

Damn! I paid the extra couple of bucks for expedited handling, and got it the next day. I do wish the cables were flat like the ones on my corsair unit, but at this price, I'm just happy to have it!

I got one.. should be here on the 23rd... putting it in the HTPC in the living room since the PC power and cooling 750 quad that's in there now is not exactly the quietest PSU around.... The modular connections will be nice too.

I got one.. should be here on the 23rd... putting it in the HTPC in the living room since the PC power and cooling 750 quad that's in there now is not exactly the quietest PSU around.... The modular connections will be nice too.

Yep, made to last , but not made for silence. Still a great PSU and I will keep using it in my old system when my x750 gets here tomorrow.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was how small it is. Amazing! So little cable clutter too, man I love this thing.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was how small it is. Amazing! So little cable clutter too, man I love this thing.

That's...what she said? On topic, mine came in a gigantic box. I'm waiting until Monday, just in case Newegg puts the X850 on sale, and I'll sell this and grab that one. Maybe. Then again, though, I'm probably never going to run a game on more than one monitor (though multiples for general amazingness), so I probably don't need more than 750w...right?

yeah, this thing came in a monstro box! Anyone know where to get a second cable set so I can cut to the length I need without worrying about having to source these custom sized plugs on the power supply end?

That's...what she said? On topic, mine came in a gigantic box. I'm waiting until Monday, just in case Newegg puts the X850 on sale, and I'll sell this and grab that one. Maybe. Then again, though, I'm probably never going to run a game on more than one monitor (though multiples for general amazingness), so I probably don't need more than 750w...right?

The x-750 will power TWO of almost any single GPU graphics card out there. The only exception I know of is the gtx 480. Not saying it wont power two of them, because there are plenty of people running gtx 480 sli on this thing, but its really pushing it. Anything else and your good to go.

Decent, maybe? I'm not entirely sure. I can't find a review of that one on jonnyguru. But against the Seasonic, the PCP&C isn't modular (at all), and "only" comes with silver efficiency rather than gold. The latter isn't so much of a big deal, but for me, the former would be: I just can't do PSU's that aren't modular anymore.

Decent, maybe? I'm not entirely sure. I can't find a review of that one on jonnyguru. But against the Seasonic, the PCP&C isn't modular (at all), and "only" comes with silver efficiency rather than gold. The latter isn't so much of a big deal, but for me, the former would be: I just can't do PSU's that aren't modular anymore.

Beyond the fact that its not modular the Silencer series is anything but. Every review of them I could find said they were loud.

Too bad those are only peripheral cables :( -- I need a set of the mobo / cpu power cables (they're waaaay too long)

edit: I've got an e-mail out to seasonic, so we'll see where this goes :)

Last edited:
Yes, definitely. Would be nice to know where to source them from and what pricing is just in case anyone ever needs a replacement.

I want another set of cables so that i can individually sleeve mine and not have my machine down while I do it. Another set would also make it easier to troubleshoot if there was an issue after sleeving.

Seasonic X850 is the only X series tagged with free shipping right now. Hmmmm...

Edit -- just talked with the US distributor (Antronelectronics). They have the cables in stock: the only one I asked about was the motherboard cable (24pin) and it is $8.00 + $7.00 shipping. They can fit 6-7 cables into that USPS Priority small box, so that shipping will not change if you buy more cables (until you get over that 6-7 cable limit).

George is the gentlemen I spoke with, very nice guy -- you can contact him at [email protected] or 909-595-8860.

Last edited:
Please let us know if the cables are an exact fit. The cable cost is a bit ridiculous though.... When I was unable to find a cable I needed (it was somewhere in my parents attic, 2,800 miles away) for a new video card, I contacted Corsair and they shipped me one for free. That's part of the reason I try to buy Corsair and recommend their power supplies (except for the TX series) to anyone I know looking to build a machine.

Please let us know if the cables are an exact fit. The cable cost is a bit ridiculous though.... When I was unable to find a cable I needed (it was somewhere in my parents attic, 2,800 miles away) for a new video card, I contacted Corsair and they shipped me one for free. That's part of the reason I try to buy Corsair and recommend their power supplies (except for the TX series) to anyone I know looking to build a machine.
They did this for me, too! I couldn't seem to find the 6-pin connectors to go to my new (at the time, and yet still current) video card, and honestly I don't know if my 520HX came with them. I'm pretty sure it did, though, and I just couldn't find them. In any case, a quick e-mail to Corsair, some exchange of info, and they were there within a week. It was pretty awesome. :D

For those needing extra Seasonic cables, you'd probably be better off ordering the whole set for $20. I e-mailed the US distributor for Seasonic asking about a set and he replied:

"Do you mean to order a whole set of cables?
If so, it is $20.00.

It includes the followings:
1) 10+16pin to 24pin
2) 4pin to 4pin cable
3) 8pin to 8pin cable
4) 12pin to 8pin cable
5) 12pin to 2 x 6+2 PCI-e cable ( two of such cable )
6) 4pin Molex to two floppy
7) 6pin to 2 x SATA power
8) 6pin to 3 x SATA power ( two of such cable )
9) 6pin to 2 x 4pin Molex
10) 6pin to 3 x 4pin Molex ( two of such cable )

If you would like to order from us, please email your credit card billing and shipping address to us first so that we can create an account for you. Then please call us with your credit card number to place your order."

Contact them at:
[email protected]

This is not for the flat, Corsair cables, but if you plan on sleeving the wires individually, the brand does not matter. If you prefer the Corsair cables, you may be able to order an entire set for much less than it would be to order all the cables individually to form a set or subset.

Back