Seasonic X750 Gold $109.99

That is a ridiculous deal on easily one of the best 750W PSU out right now, if not the best.

I am very tempted to get one, even thoough I have no use for one right now :(

HaHA! TYVM! I was kicking myself for not ordering the X650 when I had the chance, and it was in stock. Now, the one I really wanted, the X750, is only $10 more. Ordered this time, not waiting.

HaHA! TYVM! I was kicking myself for not ordering the X650 when I had the chance, and it was in stock. Now, the one I really wanted, the X750, is only $10 more. Ordered this time, not waiting.

That is exactly the same boat I was in - I ordered one of these before I posted the deal :D

So realistically, what fastest pair of video cards can one run on this PS?

You, OP, are the f'ing man! I was so irritated that the X650 SeaSonic never came back into stock for $100, and starting to dispair about eventually having to spend a lot more money to get a really good modular PSU that could handle multiple vid cards as I upgrade my system over the next couple of years.

I'm glad they were out. Good find!

You, OP, are the f'ing man! I was so irritated that the X650 SeaSonic never came back into stock for $100, and starting to dispair about eventually having to spend a lot more money to get a really good modular PSU that could handle multiple vid cards as I upgrade my system over the next couple of years.

I'm glad they were out. Good find!

Same thing here. The scary thing for me is that I almost ordered this X750 last night!

$60 OTD for me, as I had a $50 gift card to spend as well. I just wish I could afford a 2nd one.

I really really want this. But I dont need it....... BUT I really really really want it.... DAMN YOU OP!!! :mad: j/k ;)

For this price I dont see how I can pass it up. I have a neo eco 520 sitting here for my next build and I think its going to be a back up PSU.

edit: I had to pull the trigger. I would have hated myself if I didn't. The only thing that worries me is next week is the x-850 going to be on sale next week for 10-20 bucks more than this one???? I might find myself with two backup PSUs!

Last edited:
Playing around with Phaedrus' Quick'n'Dirty PSU calculator lets me load a 2500k at 40% overclock and two GTX580's in SLI (OC'd, no voltage) and reccomends this PSU. Also, JonnyGuru gives it a 9.5. I'm glad the X650 went out of stock, but I'm going to laugh if the X850 goes on sale next week at $120. xD

Edit: was also in the same boat about the X650, now I get a X750 instead. Hooray being late to the party!

Last edited:
Oh man I have been looking for a new PSU too.. Going to have to ask the boss, but its already in the cart

I'm hesitating to pull the trigger. I have an OCZ 600 watt modxstream pro that is working fine. I know it is at its limits with a 4.2ghz overclock and my GTX560TI video card, because I can have a stable 4.2ghz overclock on my CPU with no overclock on my video card, or I can drop the CPU overclock to 4.0ghz and overclock my video card another 100mhz or so, but I can't do both at once.

However - running at 4.0ghz with a mild video card overclock is rock stable on my system and for all purposes the OCZ power supply seems perfectly stable and quiet there.

I am interested in this because I'd like to eeeek the last little bit out of both video card and processor simultaneously and save some power in doing so (my OCZ is 80+ bronze) - but with the many poor reviews indicating coil whine -I'm a little apprehensive. I like my computers as silent as possible and don't want to hear whine. How prevalent is that?

How much better is this PSU than the OCZ modxstream pro?

They actually have the same 'egg' rating at 4 out 5.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017

Temping, I need a psu for a silent build and I'm trying to decide between this or a fanless seasonic. This sale will still be going on tomorrow, right?

Nice find, Briguyatx!
I try to keep a good psu on hand, and recently had to use my spare Corsair HX750 in my my server replacing an old Corsair HX620 that would no longer boot the machine.

Thanks for sharing.

Temping, I need a psu for a silent build and I'm trying to decide between this or a fanless seasonic. This sale will still be going on tomorrow, right?

Should be, if it stays in stock. You could always get it now and, if you change your mind later, sell it easily for what you paid for it.

This will push my 6990 & oc'ed 2600k nicely! Glad I missed out on the x650 deal now, lol... will def. laugh if the 850 is on sale next :p

That's what I said to myself on the x650, then it went out of stock and din't come back in before the end of the deal. Go with what DejaWiz said. Jump now, you can sell it for what you paid for it if you decide to go with another PSU. I was kicking myself on the x650 for not buying until I saw this. I didn't let this opportunity pass me by.

Actually, thinking about it, if the X850 goes on sale next week, I'll probably just buy it and turn around and sell this X750. I doubt it'll go on sale, but hey, whatevs. I can run on an HX520 for a while longer, I suppose...besides, the other parts haven't gotten to my door yet and this comes later in the week anyway.

Very good price for a very good psu.

Mine has been running flawlessly since Nov.13/2009 when I got it.

Anyone? I may not build a new PC for a year, but I still may buy this deal.

As posted above, its just enough for two 580's. Two 480's are pushing it although I have seen several posts about people using them. I dont think I would, and to be honest, I like some headroom on my PSU, so I wouldn't got more than gtx 570's sli or 6970's xfire or equivalent.

As posted above, its just enough for two 580's. Two 480's are pushing it although I have seen several posts about people using them. I dont think I would, and to be honest, I like some headroom on my PSU, so I wouldn't got more than gtx 570's sli or 6970's xfire or equivalent.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still on a core 2 duo overclocked build from five years ago on a corsair hx620.

Sold Out.. I had been tipping on it all day & couldnt decide.. I guess that made my descision for me.

Sold Out.. I had been tipping on it all day & couldnt decide.. I guess that made my descision for me.

same ---

no foul...I couldn't make up my mind because I really didn't need it and so it's kinda pointless to spend the money. My OCZ 600 watt PSU is powering my rig at 4.0ghz with a single GTX 560 TI just fine...

Any current pair of top-end graphics card on an overclocked to the max Sandy Bridge system.

Any current pair of top-end graphics card on a mildly overclocked AMD/SB-E/1366 system.

I'm hesitating to pull the trigger. I have an OCZ 600 watt modxstream pro that is working fine. I know it is at its limits with a 4.2ghz overclock and my GTX560TI video card, because I can have a stable 4.2ghz overclock on my CPU with no overclock on my video card, or I can drop the CPU overclock to 4.0ghz and overclock my video card another 100mhz or so, but I can't do both at once.

However - running at 4.0ghz with a mild video card overclock is rock stable on my system and for all purposes the OCZ power supply seems perfectly stable and quiet there.

I am interested in this because I'd like to eeeek the last little bit out of both video card and processor simultaneously and save some power in doing so (my OCZ is 80+ bronze) - but with the many poor reviews indicating coil whine -I'm a little apprehensive. I like my computers as silent as possible and don't want to hear whine. How prevalent is that?

This PSU is magnitudes better than the OCZ. They can't even be compared in the same league, just check out the [H]OCP reviews of each.

You know people will complain about coil whine if they get it. If they don't get it, they're not as likely to post a positive review saying no coil whine. It's luck of the draw, and varies highly from person to person depending on their sensitivity to that noise, and Seasonic will RMA it for you if it bothers you.

Last edited:

[H] did a review on the 700 watt version here.

Here is the Seasonic review.

I'll let you decide. :)

Mine Whines. Many other report sending back to Seasonic only to receive another whiner. Google seasonic x750 whine. Supposedly the x650 is not a whiner. With this post you might call me a whiner, but I'm not, just stating my experience.

Gd it, every time these things go on sale I buy one. I'm out of computers to put them in...must resist.

Apdravya82 said:
Mine Whines. Many other report sending back to Seasonic only to receive another whiner. Google seasonic x750 whine. Supposedly the x650 is not a whiner. With this post you might call me a whiner, but I'm not, just stating my experience.

I see what you did there.

I saw this on SD the other day. If I were building, I'd definitely get this. My current 600 W Seasonic from 2005 is still humming strong. :cool: (Knock on wood!)

I saw this on SD the other day. If I were building, I'd definitely get this. My current 600 W Seasonic from 2005 is still humming strong. :cool: (Knock on wood!)

Yea, same here. It's the oldest part in my computer at 6.5 years old.

Great deal. Less then what I payed for my HX 620 Corsair unit several years ago. If I had a use I would get one. :p

Back