SeaSonic 620W Bronze INCOMPATIBLE w/X9SCM-F

war9200

Limp Gawd
Just called SM, tried two Seasonic 620W units, both do not boot the board.
My Corsair 1000HX worked though.

Does anyone know which 600-700w power supplies work with this board?
I cannot believe the Seasonic 620W does not work.

:(

Hi,

The supermicro engineer said sometimes the ordering of the 24-pin connector is "different" on some PSUs and that I was not using a recommended PSU.

Justin.

The supermicro engineer said sometimes the ordering of the 24-pin connector is "different" on some PSUs and that I was not using a recommended PSU.

Wow, I cannot believe he actually said that.

I've read about issues with certain supplies not providing enough -5v, or something like that, which can cause some boards to fail to post. Think its something like that in this case?

I completely coincidentally bought the same power supply to use with my new X9SCM-IIF (new version of the X9SCM-F) build. Same problem. LEDs on board light up, but no POSTing, not even any beep codes.

I put in a different power supply (from a SuperMicro Atom server) that only has a 20 pin connector, and even it worked!

Now looking for something that definitely works with this board.

This may sound like a strange question, but do you have a UPS hooked up to this power supply?

This may sound like a strange question, but do you have a UPS hooked up to this power supply?

Hello,

No, and all power outlets are good.
The corsair 650hx works for the X9SCM-F (as well as the older Corsair 1000HX (hard to find now adays, there is a newer updated 1050 version, also HX I think but I've not tested that one).

Justin.

Back