• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Seagate Warranty Replacement

|-Goku-|

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
1,763
So I just had one of my seagate hard drives die on me after over 4 years of perfect use.

It's still under warranty, so I created a RMA with them. My question is, does anyone have any idea what kind of drive I will be getting back? It's a ST3160811AS, which is over 4 years old and discontinued.

Anyone have any ideas of what I will get back? It's not a big deal whatsoever, I was just curious.

|-Goku-|
 
Most likely a refurbished drive that is the same model as the one your sending in. If not, the it'll be a model with the same capacity, amount of cache, and spindle speed.
 
The first time I RMA'd a hard drive to Seagate, that particular 300GB model was long gone from production. So Seagate sent me back a newer and faster 400GB drive :)

YMMV of course.
 
The first time I RMA'd a hard drive to Seagate, that particular 300GB model was long gone from production. So Seagate sent me back a newer and faster 400GB drive :)

YMMV of course.

Thats cool. I will have to wait and see what I will get. I will be sending the drive in on monday :)
 
Back
Top