Seagate 3TB External HDD - $110 AC

AQ_OC

2[H]4U
I don't see a way to use a coupon for this item. It's $130 with a $40 instant rebate applied.

Ruoh

Supreme [H]ardness
Careful, I picked up one of their 2TB external drives, and even though it was a 5900rpm model, it got too damn hot to touch. It's throwing CRC errors like crazy now.

Mr. Wolf

Supreme [H]ardness
Good price, but I've had two external Seagate drives fail on me. Not going to take a chance on a third.

SJetski71

[H]F Junkie
Microcenter had the 3TB USB2.0 version on sale for $99 for a while, but recently they've stopped listing them, sold out maybe?

Picked one up for a co-worker, was debating one for myself but would prefer an internal 3TB for $89-$99.

Serpent

2[H]4U
I've never seen a internal for less than 110 either. last one I bought was Hitachi 3 tera for 110.

I figured some people are still weary of hitachi, a seagate would change theri mind. As far as I know, Seagate's quality is better again after the 7200.11 fiasco. But I haven't looked at Seagate for a long time. Only Hitachi and WD. And Samsung.

SJetski71

[H]F Junkie
I've never seen a internal for less than 110 either. last one I bought was Hitachi 3 tera for 110.

I figured some people are still weary of hitachi, a seagate would change theri mind. As far as I know, Seagate's quality is better again after the 7200.11 fiasco. But I haven't looked at Seagate for a long time. Only Hitachi and WD. And Samsung.
Ya, the internals are clinging stubbornly to that $110-$120 price range, i should have purchased a second external from microcenter while i had the chance...

As an FYI about Seagate, their 7200.12 and XT series weren't really any better, IBM had only one or two bad models, but Seagate was/is on a roll unfortunately. But i just keep buying them anyway for whatever reason.

Hitachi has recently been demonstrated to be the most reliable drive brand btw, wish i still had the link. I have a bunch of these thankfully enough.

m_three10

Weaksauce
Microcenter had the 3TB USB2.0 version on sale for $99 for a while, but recently they've stopped listing them, sold out maybe?

Picked one up for a co-worker, was debating one for myself but would prefer an internal 3TB for $89-$99.

Yes, they are sold out. I bought the last two after they flash cancelled my order of 3 and called to verify only two more existed in a warehouse in Cali.

I have those last two.