Seagate 3TB External HDD - $110 AC

I don't see a way to use a coupon for this item. It's $130 with a $40 instant rebate applied.

Careful, I picked up one of their 2TB external drives, and even though it was a 5900rpm model, it got too damn hot to touch. It's throwing CRC errors like crazy now.

Good price, but I've had two external Seagate drives fail on me. Not going to take a chance on a third.

Microcenter had the 3TB USB2.0 version on sale for $99 for a while, but recently they've stopped listing them, sold out maybe?

Picked one up for a co-worker, was debating one for myself but would prefer an internal 3TB for $89-$99.

I've never seen a internal for less than 110 either. last one I bought was Hitachi 3 tera for 110.

I figured some people are still weary of hitachi, a seagate would change theri mind. As far as I know, Seagate's quality is better again after the 7200.11 fiasco. But I haven't looked at Seagate for a long time. Only Hitachi and WD. And Samsung.

I've never seen a internal for less than 110 either. last one I bought was Hitachi 3 tera for 110.

I figured some people are still weary of hitachi, a seagate would change theri mind. As far as I know, Seagate's quality is better again after the 7200.11 fiasco. But I haven't looked at Seagate for a long time. Only Hitachi and WD. And Samsung.
Ya, the internals are clinging stubbornly to that $110-$120 price range, i should have purchased a second external from microcenter while i had the chance...

As an FYI about Seagate, their 7200.12 and XT series weren't really any better, IBM had only one or two bad models, but Seagate was/is on a roll unfortunately. But i just keep buying them anyway for whatever reason.

Hitachi has recently been demonstrated to be the most reliable drive brand btw, wish i still had the link. I have a bunch of these thankfully enough.

Microcenter had the 3TB USB2.0 version on sale for $99 for a while, but recently they've stopped listing them, sold out maybe?

Picked one up for a co-worker, was debating one for myself but would prefer an internal 3TB for $89-$99.

Yes, they are sold out. I bought the last two after they flash cancelled my order of 3 and called to verify only two more existed in a warehouse in Cali.

I have those last two.

Back