Seagate 320GB Serial ATA/300 16MB @ Frys $59

LOL I feel the same way. Gas is to expensive to go running around to stores 50 miles away. Going to do all my Christmas stuff online this year.
I just now followed the link in my shipping email and got a tracking # for DHL. Says it has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow.
Still no charge to my banking account. Well Guess I better hold off using that money till I get the drives and see if they recharge it.

Still showing as in stock for me, went through the checkout process and everything.

Maybe try clearing cache/cookies and use IE instead of firefox.

Just got my confirmation, looks good. Thanks!

Mine said pending from Friday afternoon until this morning. It shipped yesterday. It takes a while, be patient.

just got the conformation email almost 2 hrs later. So it should be here in 2 days. Id say thursday or friday.

I tried it twice. The first time I did it without signing up for an account and got no email verification or bank charge. The second time I signed up for an account and I got the email and bank charge within hours.

I don't remember if I used my gmail account the first time or not. But the second time, I did use my yahoo account.

I tried it twice. The first time I did it without signing up for an account and got no email verification or bank charge. The second time I signed up for an account and I got the email and bank charge within hours.

I don't remember if I used my gmail account the first time or not. But the second time, I did use my yahoo account.

I'mma order a "2nd" one and if i get both, I'll just sell it.. *shrug* i should be able to get my money back for a brand new sealed drive

picked up the same drive for a friend at BB for the same price while there the other night....they're everywhere...they need to be $25 to be HOT!! LOL

picked up the same drive for a friend at BB for the same price while there the other night....they're everywhere...they need to be $25 to be HOT!! LOL

pretty sure that was only part of the black friday/weekend deals, they are now $109 so this is pretty hot.

i reordered, using a non-gmail account, and got my confirmation within an hour.. so I think fry's doesn't like gmail..

it will be intresting to see if both drives show up.

Ordered 11/23 4PM, shipped 11/27 9AM, DHL from ohio (WTF?)

Wish I tried a socal B&M Frys first.. didnt realize they had this deal..

Hm, signed into the Fry's website and it says that my order was received. It's in the "In Process" stage. My CC still hasn't been billed. At least I know it's in the system. :]

Hm, signed into the Fry's website and it says that my order was received. It's in the "In Process" stage. My CC still hasn't been billed. At least I know it's in the system. :]

yeah, i didn't sign up for an account.. so it looks like i might be getting 2 of these suckers.. wee :p

This is a great drive at a great price. Especially with a reliable brand and a warranty length that is dependable. Thanks again OP! :D

Great price for this drive. Looks like 320GB is still the best bang for the buck.

Nope. There was a 400GB for $60 at Staples for BF. That has more bang/buck; 400/60 > 320/60. ;)
Obviously the 400GB sold out quickly so I just bought the 320GB from Best Buy.

A database on hard drive prices, and costs per gb can be currently found here:
http://will.incorrige.us/price-chec...sortby=costperGB&shouldhide=&sortby=costperGB

Why would you include a BF sale to compare with our current prices? If you must, the 400gb was after $30 rebate.

will this Sata drive work in an 3.5'' enclosure that says USB 2.0 but nothing about eSata ?

Probably not because eSATA would be required since it's a SATA drive.

If you don't really know the answer, I suggest you to better not reply with something false. Please don't mislead others here with the wrong information. SATA drives will work via USB 2.0, firewire 400/1394, firewire 800/1394b, eSATA as an output in an External enclosure. As long as the 3.5" enclosure states compatibly with a SATA hard drive and not an IDE, than it should be fine. eSATA output is not required for SATA drives in an external enclosure, however, it has the fastest output performance compared to USB and Firewire.

Are these drive perpendicular?

It is <NOT> perpendicular recording as those drives would be the 7200.10 series.

Might want to double check your info there chief. I just bought this drive on Saturday from this same deal:

DSC_2426.jpg

DSC_2428.jpg

dshankar, Please try to cool off the incorrect/wrong responses, it's misleading information to others. I'm sorry if I'm coming out the wrong way, it just can be very frustrating to read especially with your firm replies.

I just ordered 1, 72 and change, $15 off newegg so I'm happy
VeebOrg said:
wow.. shipping musta been killer.. where you live? new england area?

I live in New England, and s/h was about $7.00 for ground.

Also, this is better than just $15 off NewEgg. The NewEgg drives are OEM, and Seagate doesn't honor the 5-yr warranty on OEM. I know this personally after trying to RMA a 2 yr. old drive this summer. Seagate rep. ran the serial number, knew immediately that it was OEM, and told me only warranty is through the retailer. NewEgg warranty is limited to the 30 day return policy. So no-drive-for-me!! NewEgg did give me $25 off a replacement though. :rolleyes:

So, this deal is awesome. Retail package, with full Seagate warranty, for less than OEM.

In for one also, perfect timing. Had a WD 250GB belly up on my last night so this is perfect. 2 day shipping to New England for 9.99.

Stupid question, but I'm not in the mood to take the long journey to Fry's right now:

Is there an SATA cable in the box with these retail "kits" or is that an extra purchase also? I know it seems silly, but I haven't bought a new SATA drive yet; I still have the 2x250GB Maxtor DiamondMAX 16MB SATA drives I've had for just over a year now, was thinking about adding more with either this Seagate deal or the other one - the Maxtor "300GB" that's actually a 320GB for $10 less.

Both are supposed to be retail "kits" meaning everything in the retail box, but I don't know if that means they throw in an SATA cable. Anyone care to let me know here?

Thanks...

ps
I know the Maxtors aren't SATA, also... could still stand to get one. :)

Yes, mine came with a red sata cable along with a regular to sata power adapter.

I''m not certain, BUT...

Fry's has this drive listed under "retail / bare drive only" as opposed to retail kit.

My guess is no cable or screws included.

I''m not certain, BUT...

Fry's has this drive listed under "retail / bare drive only" as opposed to retail kit.

My guess is no cable or screws included.

The pics in this thread suggest that it is a full retail kit as confirmed above!

That site is misleading. It isn't $59. They force you to use insurance which is $21-ish dollars. That makes it ~$80 total. It isn't hot at all. What a rip off.

ripoff.gif

I work for Frys.com. The most likely reason for your 21 dollars in shipping is that you were attempting to have it shipped to a PO Box. Frys.com uses DHL as its carrier, and DHL does not ship to PO Boxes. For orders requiring shipment to PO Boxes, we have to use USPS, which does charge more for shipping. The same applies for shipping to APO and FPO addresses. I'm not sure whether or not anyone else clarified this in this thread, but just thought I'd chime in =)

I wasn't required to get insured shipping, and I sent the item to a physical address. Shipping for me was 6 dollars and some change. But then I had to pay tax =(

I work for Frys.com. The most likely reason for your 21 dollars in shipping is that you were attempting to have it shipped to a PO Box. Frys.com uses DHL as its carrier, and DHL does not ship to PO Boxes. For orders requiring shipment to PO Boxes, we have to use USPS, which does charge more for shipping. The same applies for shipping to APO and FPO addresses. I'm not sure whether or not anyone else clarified this in this thread, but just thought I'd chime in =)

Thanks for the chime! It works now.

But this is problematic because I input my street address first and I add my post office box number on the second line as a just-in-case thing because I often have shipments that refuse to send it to my street address. But how can Frys.com just decide to charge me for adding a post office box number as a just-in-case measure? Ridiculous.

Needs to be fixed.

care to comment on the lack of confirmation emails to gmail accounts as well?

Back