Seagate 320GB Serial ATA/300 16MB @ Frys $59

care to comment on the lack of confirmation emails to gmail accounts as well?

Just got my notification today actually.

Dear JAMES :

Thank you for your Order Number F0354428XXXX.

Your complete order is listed below. If you have any questions regarding your order, please call us at 1-(877)688-7678 or e-mail [email protected]. Please use your Order Number for all inquiries.

Thank you for shopping at Frys.com

So I got this drive, is the size correct of 309ish after formating?

I just got the HD that I bought from BestBuy online last Thursday! Unboxing pics to come soon :D.

Yeah, they sent me two emails as well for both my purchases. The odd part was the email I got from my first purchase came a good 48hrs after my second purchase...

I emailed them back and told them to cancel X order and explained the situation. Fry's was more than happy to oblige.

Yeah, they sent me two emails as well for both my purchases. The odd part was the email I got from my first purchase came a good 48hrs after my second purchase...

I emailed them back and told them to cancel X order and explained the situation. Fry's was more than happy to oblige.

yeah, but mine are in the mail already.. I'll just resell it.. no big worries

well this will be the last time i deal with fry's.. I'm now recieving shipping confirmation for both drives to my gmail account.. instead of one to gmail and one to my other..

*sigh*

well this will be the last time i deal with fry's.. I'm now recieving shipping confirmation for both drives to my gmail account.. instead of one to gmail and one to my other..

*sigh*

Due to the overwhelming number of orders received over the Thanksgiving weekend, Fry's did run into some issues with its servers in which some orders took a little longer than anticipated to be processed. The general rule of thumb is that if you placed an order online and received your order confirmation number from the website (usually beginning in F0#######), then that order was placed and you should expect a confirmation in your email within a few hours. If you ever want to cancel an order, you may do so either by email to [email protected] or by phone to the toll-free number listed on the website. Usually, it is better to call in to get anything urgent taken care of as emails sometimes do get backed up. You may call in any time between 5:00am and 9:30pm PST. Additionally, if your two orders are sent in separate packages, you may refuse shipment on one of them when DHL delivers for it to be turned back around. When the refused shipment reaches our warehouse again, we will be able to credit your card for the total of your order.

Also, just as a general FYI in the future as we've been taking a lot of calls on these:
"Same Day" - usually means in stock and ready to go out
"Call for Availability" - out of stock, but we are taking backorders. You may call in for an ETA on our next expected incoming shipment
"Sold Out" - out of stock, and not taking backorders at this time.

just got it today after ordering it tuesday night. I have a question though, after i installed it, i noticed i only have 298gigs to work with. Whats with that? In the HDD properties, it says it has 320 billion kbs, i know that doesnt equal 320 gigs, its less like around 300gigs, but why state that on the box that its 320 gigs though. Im totally happy with the 300gigs i have to work with, because its still a good deal, but why the misleading specs?

The same concept goes for an advertised 80 GB HDD having only 74.4 GB in reality. They just market the hard drives with rounded numbers. They advertise that 1 MB = 1000 KB, when it's really 1024 KB. This has been subject to debates for a very long time. Hard drive manufacturers have been doing this for a very long time. It's just that no one complained and advertising 320 GB seems more appealing than say... 298 GB. Basically for every advertised hard drive capacity you see, take off 7% and that would be your true value. Yes, imagine people bragging about how they have 1 TB capacity in their computer. Yeah, they'd be so, so, so wrong.

The same concept goes for an advertised 80 GB HDD having only 74.4 GB in reality. They just market the hard drives with rounded numbers. They advertise that 1 MB = 1000 KB, when it's really 1024 KB. This has been subject to debates for a very long time. Hard drive manufacturers have been doing this for a very long time. It's just that no one complained and advertising 320 GB seems more appealing than say... 298 GB. Basically for every advertised hard drive capacity you see, take off 7% and that would be your true value. Yes, imagine people bragging about how they have 1 TB capacity in their computer. Yeah, they'd be so, so, so wrong.

Yup, i kinda figured that. Well, thats fine though. I didnt like the softward that the hdd came with. I couldnt even make a bootable cd for the recovery program, it kept saying the device was busy. And even worse, the program erased acronis 8.0 from my pc, because it it supposedly was an upgrade from acronis 8.0. So i had to uninstall it and reinstall acronis.

Due to the overwhelming number of orders received over the Thanksgiving weekend, Fry's did run into some issues with its servers in which some orders took a little longer than anticipated to be processed. The general rule of thumb is that if you placed an order online and received your order confirmation number from the website (usually beginning in F0#######), then that order was placed and you should expect a confirmation in your email within a few hours. If you ever want to cancel an order, you may do so either by email to [email protected] or by phone to the toll-free number listed on the website. Usually, it is better to call in to get anything urgent taken care of as emails sometimes do get backed up. You may call in any time between 5:00am and 9:30pm PST. Additionally, if your two orders are sent in separate packages, you may refuse shipment on one of them when DHL delivers for it to be turned back around. When the refused shipment reaches our warehouse again, we will be able to credit your card for the total of your order.

Also, just as a general FYI in the future as we've been taking a lot of calls on these:
"Same Day" - usually means in stock and ready to go out
"Call for Availability" - out of stock, but we are taking backorders. You may call in for an ETA on our next expected incoming shipment
"Sold Out" - out of stock, and not taking backorders at this time.

yeah heres my issue.. I ordered one drive to my @gmail.com account and then a second one to my @newcon.org email account. Yet this morning I recieved my shipping confirmation for BOTH drives at my @gmail.com account and no notice at my @newcon.org account.

First time ordering from frys, i received mine today, 7200.10... took <27 hours from pick up in Oh to being on my door in GA, extremely impressed

Code:
11/29/2007  11:53 am  	 Shipment delivered.     	Macon, GA  Why is this?
             8:56 am 	With delivery courier.   	Macon, GA
             8:34 am 	Arrived at DHL facility.   	Macon, GA
             4:40 am 	Transit through DHL facility   	Atlanta Airport, GA
11/28/2007    5:09 pm 	Depart Facility   	Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH
             1:11 pm 	Processed at DHL Location.   	Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH
             12:41 pm 	In transit.   	Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH
              9:12 am 	Shipment picked up   	Wilmington, OH

does DHL deliver on saturday? cuz at this point tracking shows them leaving ohio on the 29th.. so i doubt they'd be delievered today..

shoot.. well i guess i'll be prayin for dhl to deliever today.. else i'mma have to find something productive to do this weekend

Ordered a couple on Wednesday. They'll be here on Monday. Hell of a deal for 640Gb's! Massive upgrade from my Raid 0 Hitachi 80 giggers.

Thanks, OP!

I ordered 2 on Thursday and paid for overnight shipping. DHL was short staffed on Friday so decided not to deliver my package. I asked for Saturday delivery since they screwed up and they refused. I could not even pickup from the facility on Saturday. They are going to attempt delivery on Monday. Called Fry's and got a credit for the overnight shipping charge.

I ordered 2 on Thursday and paid for overnight shipping. DHL was short staffed on Friday so decided not to deliver my package. I asked for Saturday delivery since they screwed up and they refused. I could not even pickup from the facility on Saturday. They are going to attempt delivery on Monday. Called Fry's and got a credit for the overnight shipping charge.

That sucks.

Back