Sea of Thieves is the most fun i've ever had playing a co-op game.

It's pretty hard to steal 5+ chests of loot from a 4 person ship when they keep respawning! We should be able to kill them, steal the ship, sail to another island, and sell!

The game sucks.

If the disney/cartoon art style wasn't enough of a tipoff, it's apparent that the Playskool design choices were geared toward little kids. Being able to steal another ship should be Pirate 101. Oh well.

upload_2018-3-25_9-44-29.png

Last edited:
The game is so easy-mode that the PVP will quickly die off as anyone who likes that sort of thing is quickly realizing there is zero benefit to do so due to the play-skool design choices.

And then the game will die anyways because the PvE is so limited right now.

IMO this is what happens when you try to make a game appeal to every category of person. It just sucks for everyone. You need to accept the fact that some people just won't like a game so you can build a better game for the group of people who would like it..

Last edited:
The game is so easy-mode that the PVP will quickly die off as anyone who likes that sort of thing is quickly realizing there is zero benefit to do so due to the play-skool design choices.

And then the game will die anyways because the PvE is so limited right now.

IMO this is what happens when you try to make a game appeal to every category of person. It just sucks for everyone. You need to accept the fact that some people just won't like a game so you can build a better game for the group of people who would like it..
Well, they even failed at that then. I never had any interest in this game from the very start. I couple people I follow on Twitch were playing it, so I watched a bit, but everything you're saying rings true. Seems like this was an experiment to see how much money they could make by putting in as little effort as possible.

Had a blast over the weekend, playing with three other people. One night we successfully raided a skeleton fort (my first, their 3rd or 4th), while at the same time fought off another team of pirates, who were trying to capitalize on our efforts. We took them out, loaded up our ship, and got out of there just as they returned again.

Had a blast over the weekend, playing with three other people. One night we successfully raided a skeleton fort (my first, their 3rd or 4th), while at the same time fought off another team of pirates, who were trying to capitalize on our efforts. We took them out, loaded up our ship, and got out of there just as they returned again.

It's fun the first couple of times playing - But you soon realize that's all the game ever has to offer.

I read on many platforms that gamer experienced lagging while playing Sea of thieves as it was one of the anticipated game and everyone was waiting for it , and when the game got released the huge traffic cause their servers down which results in lagging

I don’t really give a shit.

They knew exactly how many preorders there were along with expected sales from retail. A AAA title in 2018 shouldn’t have problems.

I don't see how they can keep interest in this game unless they make it free to play and add more content.

At the very least it's under the new xbox/windows gaming pass program thing so you don't actually have to buy it to play it.

I don't see how they can keep interest in this game unless they make it free to play and add more content.

At the very least it's under the new xbox/windows gaming pass program thing so you don't actually have to buy it to play it.
You're still paying at least $10 to play it. If you play it for only a month, then I guess it's better than paying $60 for it.

You're still paying at least $10 to play it. If you play it for only a month, then I guess it's better than paying $60 for it.

A lot of the playerbase hit up the 14 day free trial when the game launched. That will expire in 4 days.Game likely to be a ghost town after that.

No real content to keep casual/solo players engaged, so endgame is basically just rolling in a dedicated griefing crew or uninstalling.

Last edited:
It's fun the first couple of times playing - But you soon realize that's all the game ever has to offer.

I've been playing it since the technical alpha, and followed the developer updates, so I knew exactly what the game was going to have to offer. Personally, the game is only so fun playing solo, but playing with a group of three friends is where it's the most fun. Rare definitely has to address some of the issues with the game, adding more than just skeletons and sharks, fixing things like how they handle PVP, penalizing dying and losing your ship (right now there's no real penalty to having your ship sink, and it can in fact be an advantage over those who remain alive, because you get back resources like canon balls, while survivors are depleting their stock), and of course adding more mission variety. Despite all that I'm still having blast on a 4 man galleon.

This game is fucking junk and a failure comparable to that of No Man's Sky.

Rare has announced three content updates, with the first one coming next month:

The Hungering Deep, coming in May, introduces a new AI threat, new gameplay mechanics "to assist players on this adventure," along with new rewards. They will also begin a weekly events program, which as the name implies, brings weekly events that "introduce new mechanics and give players fun new ways to play," and offers rewards.

Cursed Sails, coming this summer, introduces a new ship type. Then Forsaken Shores, also coming during the summer, introduces players up to a new part of the word. Just like The Hungering Deep, both of these updates will also include new gameplay mechanics, new enemies, and new rewards.

Back