• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SD Memory card

Shipwreck

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
186
Have a new MP3 player that can be upgraded with up to a 1GB SD card.

Looking at different prices online at the 1GB cards. It seems that the Kingston cards are close to 1/2 the price of other cards. What is the catch? Is the card inferior? I am not using it for a digital camera, so I don't think speed of the card is an issue, is it?
 
Shipwreck said:
Have a new MP3 player that can be upgraded with up to a 1GB SD card.

Looking at different prices online at the 1GB cards. It seems that the Kingston cards are close to 1/2 the price of other cards. What is the catch? Is the card inferior? I am not using it for a digital camera, so I don't think speed of the card is an issue, is it?

I dont know what the real difference is but Kingston is trustworthy and if it fails you can RMA it as well.

As far as i have always known most memory cards are made by the same company and rebranded, maybe kingston makes thier own?
 
Ok, I didn't know if I should get the cheaper Kingston or buy a SanDisk card for a little more...
 
I been using kingston sd card for my digital camera, and they're very good. I purchased memory from them before, it never broke.
 
Yep I've been happy with a Kingston 1gb cf card for about a year now.
 
My PDA. Mostly movies, music, and pictures.
 
Back
Top