scythe ninja in qpack?

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
1,301
does anyone have a schyte ninja in their qpack or microfly? currently with a little modding i've been able to fit an xp90 and a 92mm panaflo inside my qpack comfortably. however, i'm looking at my qpack and i think if the scythe is around the same size length and width wise as the xp90 it would easily fit in the qpack. so does anyone have any experience with this?
 
The Ninja is substancially larger than the XP90 isn't it? It has roughly the length/width of a 120mm fan, plus it's too high so the optical drive could be in the way. This would depend on the location of the cpu socket on your motherboard and how much cutting you did on the support beam of your case. Your best bet will be to take measurements inside your case, the dimensions of the Ninja should be on their website.
 
I think it's too wide and would go through the PSU. I looked at it when I did aircooling. Best I could fit was the Zalman CNPS9500.
 
ya, anything wider than the xp90 would not fit because of the psu. would that zalman be a significant improvement over an xp90?
 
The Zalman fits? I would think that would be somewhat taller than the XP-90. The biggest Zalman I've seen in there is the 7700.
 
i trimmed part of the bracket that holds the hard drives to fit my panaflo on top of my xp90. the xp90 fits fine with any mods, but the trimming was required to fit the fan in. so i'm pretty sure the 9500 will fit too.
 
The problem with the Ninja is that its too tall: No matter what, it'll hit the power supply height wise.

You'll be better off trying the Ultra-90.
 
The Zalman fits? I would think that would be somewhat taller than the XP-90. The biggest Zalman I've seen in there is the 7700.
It's smaller than the pictures make it look. I was thinking it would be right in line with the rear 120mm fan. Center is about 2 inches below that. Same mod that akoni did for the XP-90.
 
without a fan the xp 90 is 75mm tall. add a short fan and its 96mm. that barly clears.

the ninja is 150mm tall. take the xp 90 and add 3 fans to it and you will see how tall the ninja really is.

the xp 90 needs mods to the case. you need to put the mobo in without a fan. the ninja doenst have that option. you would need to cut a hole in the back of the mobo tray to install it (on the cpu) once the mobo is installed. the ninja is one of the heatsinks that does require you to access the rear of the mobo when you install it.

xp 90 - L116 x W96 x H75 (mm) Fin only, without fan
ninja - L110 x W110 x H150 (mm)
 
Back
Top