Scythe Mugen 5 CPU Cooler Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Modders Inc. have the Scythe Mugen 5 CPU cooler on the test bench today and I think it is safe to say that they were impressed with the performance, quality and price of this cooler. For less than $43, I can't see how you can go wrong.

The Scythe Mugen 5 is the latest iteration of Scythe's flagship CPU cooler. Through the years, the Mugen series has had many refinements to the original which came out a decade ago; even more than the "5" implied in the name as there have been several revisions and alternate edition Mugen coolers along the way.

Scythe is like an artist with those heatpipes man! Crazy performance for the dollar.

I find Modders Inc results to be inconsistent with other reviews, where Mugen 5 and Ninja 4 give higher CPU temps than NH-D15S. While NH-D15S is a slightly warmer than NH-D15 is still one of the best cooler available .. along with coolers like R1 Ultimate, PH-TC14PE, NH-D14, etc. which almost always have 2-10c cooler test results than Mugen 5 and Ninja 4.

Back