Scythe Mugen 5 CPU Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by HardOCP News, Jan 5, 2017.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

The crew at Modders Inc. have the Scythe Mugen 5 CPU cooler on the test bench today and I think it is safe to say that they were impressed with the performance, quality and price of this cooler. For less than $43, I can't see how you can go wrong.

The Scythe Mugen 5 is the latest iteration of Scythe's flagship CPU cooler. Through the years, the Mugen series has had many refinements to the original which came out a decade ago; even more than the "5" implied in the name as there have been several revisions and alternate edition Mugen coolers along the way.

PliotronX likes this.
  2. PliotronX

PliotronX [H]ard|Gawd

Scythe is like an artist with those heatpipes man! Crazy performance for the dollar.

3. doyll

doyll Kyle's Thermocouple is HOT

I find Modders Inc results to be inconsistent with other reviews, where Mugen 5 and Ninja 4 give higher CPU temps than NH-D15S. While NH-D15S is a slightly warmer than NH-D15 is still one of the best cooler available .. along with coolers like R1 Ultimate, PH-TC14PE, NH-D14, etc. which almost always have 2-10c cooler test results than Mugen 5 and Ninja 4.