Screws for mobo?

I misplaced some screws for my mobo so I only have about 4/7 screws on the mobo touching the standoffs. The computer seemed stable enough for everyday use and started up just fine but I had some weird problems with the mobo. FSB wouldn't stick and sometimes some random reboots (not BSOD). Now the pc won't boot up at all but I know the psu and mobo work fine since the cpu fan spins for a split second when I press the power button.

My question is how much damage did I do for not screwing in the remaining screws to get full contact with all the standoffs? Also, the heatsink I'm using is a mini typhoon but when I installed it I had to apply a great amount of pressure and the board is bent pretty bad. Again it was operational for a few weeks but it just refuses to boot up now.

Finally, where can I get screws for the remaining holes? The board in question is a Gigabyte P35-DS3L.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with the missing screws. I can give you some of that if you are in local.

I'm not so sure myself but it was the only thing I can think of. It was working fine for 3 weeks or so now after I replaced the mobo and psu. During the initial setup I had some shorting problems and experienced the same problem I am now but I just reseated some plugs and such and it booted up fine. Now I can't get anything to work aside from that cpu fan trying to spin when I attempt to power it on.

Typcally they are what is called 6-32 3/8 phillips pan head screws.

The screw "size" is #6
the threads per inch is 32
Phillips is the + driver slot.
Pan head is the rounded head but its not critical.
the length is typically 3/8 inch.

A buck at even a crappy hardware store will fix you right up.

Back