Screensaver won't install in Vista, won't show up in menu

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I am trying to install a screen saver in windows vista64, It has an automatic installer but the problem is after you install it you cannot select it and it does not show up in the screen saver menu, it creates it's own folder with all the files it needs in the System32 folder, it is not just a single screen saver file it has like 8 or 9 other files it needs in that folder.

I searched google and this is a known problem with vista and if it is a single file you can just drag it into the System32 folder but this is a folder with lots of other files needed for the screen saver to work, so how would i fix this?

Did you try dragging all the files to the System32 folder?

god this is annoying,

The folder does not show up in System32, i am looking at it with WinDirStat, and when i try to open it up it says the folder does not exist

WinDirStat shows the folder being inside the System32 folder:confused:

I've never been able to get those screensavers to work in XP either, to be honest. In my opinion, since screensavers are pretty much useless to me, if they can't put it into the common .scr file, I skip it right away. If there is a single .scr file, try dragging that out of the folder and into the system32 directory, and see if that works.

A lot of XP screen savers don't work in Vista or Vista x64. You need to search for Vista compatible screen savers.

Back