Scored 3 Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port PCI-E 1gb Gigabit NIC's for $108

I was just kidding about attitude. Are you sure the cancellation wasn't for the lower offer? Sucks if you got knocked-off and everyone else gets theirs.

These cards are pcie 4x. meaning they will need 4x or bigger to fit/work.

I knew this too, and yet typed as if it was the inquiry was about the desktop adapter...bah! One minor thing, the width is noted as x4. Not how AGP is marked for speed.

What is the bandwidth for PCI

PCI should never be a thought.......this is not the bus you are looking for. Besides the obvious differences of PCI and PCIe, I would think the longevity, and even possibly the resale (depending on item) can be affected.

So, what's wrong with grabbing a couple of CT's now? Did you need 6 PHY interfaces, or just a couple for lab work?

I was planning to spend the weekend redoing the network on my vSphere lab. Now my plans are ruined.:mad:

There is a guy on craiglist nearby selling 8 of these bulk for $50 /piece. If anyone wants to go in on that, I can organize and ship out to people. Maybe we can talk him down slightly too??

That is the typical price on ebay.

i will sell you the ones i picked up for but then they wouldnt be that hot of a deal considering all the shipping.

Yeah I'm still thinking - I only have one pcie slot so I'll probably use that for a RAID card and just get a PCI single nic

Back