Scopio going to be under 600.00

Hopefully it's under $500, too. Even if it's "significantly" more powerful than the PS4 Pro, a $200 price difference is a pretty big deal.
If it comes in at $599, it better be rocking some kind of Hololens bundle.

I want to sell all my consoles together for me console gaming died in 2011 or so.

PC gaming is at an all-time high for sure. Between the Xbox One cross-buy titles and lack of platform exclusives, we get nearly everything on PC now. The Sony exclusives are the only major reason to have a console now. At least unless you're on the Ultra Blu-Ray train. I'm still waiting on a way to play those on PC, if it ever happens at all.

I would call Gamestop and see if I could trade it in for Steam cards and never have to worry about paying extra for online a PlayStation plus card again.

The only thing holding me back is exclusives but the only games Destiny and Bloodborne no longer interested in The system has been out for 3 year already and not much to show for it.

I would call Gamestop and see if I could trade it in for Steam cards and never have to worry about paying extra for online a PlayStation plus card again.

You can do that. Gamestop can either pay you in store credit or a reduced amount of cash. You could always just take the store credit and use it for Steam cards.

Ps4 pro is basically a mid console life hardware refresh/relaunch that will have a high adoption rate, Scorpio is looking to be a very small niche that is going to flop. There is no incentive to buy this, most enthusiasts will just make the jump to pc at that point where the xbox1's exclusives are going to be anyways.

To succeed, I think MS is going to either have to price it similarly to the PS4 Pro (take a loss?), pull all of the Xbox PC ports, or use it to push HoloLens and still keep it under $500.
I guess option 4 would be to have games that can only play on Scorpio. That could end up far worse since people probably aren't ready to throw down on a new generation yet.

The timing is awkward. It could very well be an amazing piece of hardware, but a high price and a year lag time = problematic.
I'm one of those dumbasses that keeps buying consoles I don't use and I'm still thinking I don't want one.

I think the Scorpio will have a base price of $399 and probably have a higher sku of $499. I plan on getting one day one.

Hopefully it's under $500, too. Even if it's "significantly" more powerful than the PS4 Pro, a $200 price difference is a pretty big deal.
If it comes in at $599, it better be rocking some kind of Hololens bundle.

If it had Hololens it would cost over $3000.

If it had Hololens it would cost over $3000.

That's the current cost of a development kit. They could go with a vastly scaled down consumer version. They're clearly not on the VR train. I can't think of any other way they're going to get people to drop $600 on a console upgrade without something more compelling than 4K/HDR support. Kinect 3.0 certainly isn't going to move any units.

That's the current cost of a development kit. They could go with a vastly scaled down consumer version. They're clearly not on the VR train. I can't think of any other way they're going to get people to drop $600 on a console upgrade without something more compelling than 4K/HDR support. Kinect 3.0 certainly isn't going to move any units.

Not within a year. Too soon for that cost to come down by that much.

I think it'll be $499 at best if the rumored specs are true. If it released this year instead I think it would've been $599.

Overpriced. It's possible to buy pretty good 4K TVs for less, as evidenced by our Hotdeals subforum.
@Fry's B&M - Samsung 4k 43" UN43KU6300 - $497 no tax!

Granted I know that it's two different forms of tech, and that video cards require significant investment and cost, but even still, if Microsoft still hasn't figured it out yet, the masses won't buy a $600 console. Sony learned that lesson with the PS3. Obviously they intend to sell it along side the 'regular' XB1, but no one wants to feel like they're stuck buying the lesser version of something.
My point being: if this is the device that's supposed to "catch them up" to Sony, it's going to be DOA with this pricing structure.

(*ramble ramble*)

Ps4 pro is basically a mid console life hardware refresh/relaunch that will have a high adoption rate, Scorpio is looking to be a very small niche that is going to flop. There is no incentive to buy this, most enthusiasts will just make the jump to pc at that point where the xbox1's exclusives are going to be anyways.

That simply isn't true. For those who don't want to bother with a operating system, setting things up themselves rather than settling on a over-priced OEM, console gaming is a great alternative. I love PC gaming as much as the next person, but to suggest it'll flop because people would rather get a computer isn't true. Most new PCs nowadays are laptops, and people aren't just going to go out and buy a whole new desktop when they likely already have a computer at home that does everything else they need. I personally also love sitting down on the couch and just playing some games or using it as a blu ray player or netflix stream box.

I know i'll be buying the Scorpio for a number of reasons. I want to be able to watch my 4K blu rays, I want a faster Xbox One UI/system, and obviously to take advantage of the better experience of having a faster Xbox which is where all my friends game. I almost bought the One S just for the extra functionality of the 4K Blu Ray playback, but waiting on the Scorpio makes more sense. I personally am quite excited to get the Scorpio.

I do know a fair number of people that just don't want to bother with the PC. In a few cases, I even helped them out and set things up.
That's when I get a call about "things going too slow" (they just maxed everything), their kids breaking everything with malware, "why are there these wavy lines?" (vsync), etc.
That doesn't even factor games being released 3/4 functional or the need to tinker with OS or INI settings.
That factors in that I built their machines and outfitted them with decent hardware. They typical PC you find at Best Buy or Office Max? Not so much.
More than ever PC's are underpowered because outside of games, a tablet, laptop, or hybrid is more than enough.
PC gaming is easier than it has ever been, but it's still for enthusiasts only because of the headaches people like us rarely think about.
It's why people are still buying consoles in droves. They're selling as well as they ever have.

Personally, I don't know if I'll want one or not. A lot of it comes down to MS's initiative on the PC. If they're serious about porting their exclusives, I probably don't need one. At least unless it comes with some kind of game changing peripherals.

If they're serious about porting their exclusives, I probably don't need one. At least unless it comes with some kind of game changing peripherals.

That last bit is what I am really curious about. Having built my system in my Rig for use with my HTC Vive, hearing Microsoft say that the Scorpio will be VR Ready is titillating to say the least. It could be possible that with PSVR, Microsoft will have to respond with something and I am not sure what they meant when they specifically mentioned the Xbox Scorpio as being VR-Ready. Either Microsoft has been working secretly on their own VR solution outside of the AR Hololens, or they are going to build in functionality for the Oculus Rift which would make sense since Oculus has an existing relationship with Microsoft since every Oculus has come with a Xbox One controller packed-in.

Back