SCII: HOTS... Whos excited??

Can't wait to play this tonight. The custom/arcade games have kept me playing SC2 since release, I'm interested to see how people integrate the new units into those games.

I'll be available sometime after 9pm central, if you, Khaos Kid, and TheToE! wanna do some 2v2's. :)

I'd be up for that but not until this weekend. I know tonight for sure and probably the rest of the week I'll be playing SP.

Has anyone used the social feature yet where it shows all the players actually near you locally.

Honestly I preordered on this feature alone. It would be cool to meet some new SC2 buddies near me.

Has anyone used the social feature yet where it shows all the players actually near you locally.

Honestly I preordered on this feature alone. It would be cool to meet some new SC2 buddies near me.

It might make people think twice before talking shit if the guy lives just up the road :) .

I'd be up for that but not until this weekend. I know tonight for sure and probably the rest of the week I'll be playing SP.
I'll be available to play this Saturday for sure. Sunday, not so much, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. :cool: I'll give you my ingame info when I get home.

i kind of started falling for the hype... then i watched krip playing the campaign and realized the gameplay (camera especially) is claustrophobic and looks/feels like the same old shit that's been rehashed for the last ten+ years. and controlling 20-30 or so units doesn't feel like an "army" to me... i understand people say "it's balanced" though, so i guess i get it as far as laddering goes. maybe supreme commander finally totally ruined me (outside of games like total war and coh).

I'll play some 1v1s if anyone wants. I could definitely use some people to practice with.

Does the expansion support multi monitors? Eyefinity? I googled and tried youtube but only see old info and nothing really about multi monitors

I'll play some 1v1s if anyone wants. I could definitely use some people to practice with.

I would love to practice 1v1 Maybe we could play on peepmode with [H] users? I'm currently playing z. Maybe it's time for a new spreadsheet.

Most usernames changed on my friends list during the last username change. Don't know who is who anymore.

Does the expansion support multi monitors? Eyefinity? I googled and tried youtube but only see old info and nothing really about multi monitors

StarCraft will never support multi-monitor really. Every player needs to have the same exact type of experience to eliminate any advantages in multiplayer.

I would love to practice 1v1 Maybe we could play on peepmode with [H] users? I'm currently playing z. Maybe it's time for a new spreadsheet.

Most usernames changed on my friends list during the last username change. Don't know who is who anymore.

My battletag is Aug#753

I went 4-1 in my placements and got put in platinum. Some of the matches were embarrassing. It's going to be painful until I get demoted lol :(

I play Terran, and I'd love some TvZ practice.

StarCraft will never support multi-monitor really. Every player needs to have the same exact type of experience to eliminate any advantages in multiplayer.

Thank God for that. Starcraft is one of the rare games that had managed to get better with time. Glad Blizzard hasn't fucked it up yet...

I have a big pet peeve with HOTS. Something I liked in WOL was the great in-engine cutscenes. I just started playing HOTS and most of the cutscenes have all been compressed FMV! WTF?!

I have a big pet peeve with HOTS. Something I liked in WOL was the great in-engine cutscenes. I just started playing HOTS and most of the cutscenes have all been compressed FMV! WTF?!

There's a bunch when you get to the core of the game.

If anyone wants to play some games, low diamond protoss here, my tag is Spoonmaster #805

Fuck SkyToss... that's all i'm saying. :(

Beyond that, I'm having a great time with the game. Played 5 or 6 campain missions and then did some ladder team games. I like my ultralist skin :D

Last edited:

Really? One of the core complaints about the singleplayer from WoL was that there werent enough cinematic rendered scenes and too much in-engine.

Guess you can't please everyone.

Fuck SkyToss... that's all i'm saying. :(

Beyond that, I'm having a great time with the game. Played 5 or 6 campain missions and then did some ladder team games. I like my ultralist skin :D

... they are ridiculous now.

i kind of started falling for the hype... then i watched krip playing the campaign and realized the gameplay (camera especially) is claustrophobic and looks/feels like the same old shit that's been rehashed for the last ten+ years. and controlling 20-30 or so units doesn't feel like an "army" to me... i understand people say "it's balanced" though, so i guess i get it as far as laddering goes. maybe supreme commander finally totally ruined me (outside of games like total war and coh).

i love supreme commander, but this is a different game. some times less is more

i love supreme commander, but this is a different game. some times less is more

It just depends on whether you want micromanagement (Starcraft) or massive, epic battles with lots of generic infantry (SupCom).

Supreme Commander is probably the best RTS outside of SC that I have played. In fact from RTS games alone I would say that Supreme Commander is the best, just that the multiplayer and story is better on the SC end.

Anyone having performance problems? I remember WoL played better, and that was on a slower processor and 2x 6870s instead of 2x7970s. Same resolution, both games played at max settings. Had someone suggest I try turning physics off - didn't help.

Especially happens when I select a lot of units. But even just in general, my FPS when it's at the higher end of the spectrum is lower than it used to be. There's nothing benchmark wise suggesting my computer is underperforming.

The games not unplayable, but there are frustrating moments that just didn't exist when I played WoL. :(

Anyone having performance problems? I remember WoL played better, and that was on a slower processor and 2x 6870s instead of 2x7970s. Same resolution, both games played at max settings. Had someone suggest I try turning physics off - didn't help.

Especially happens when I select a lot of units. But even just in general, my FPS when it's at the higher end of the spectrum is lower than it used to be. There's nothing benchmark wise suggesting my computer is underperforming.

The games not unplayable, but there are frustrating moments that just didn't exist when I played WoL. :(

same engine, upgraded though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IurLEBNu5Qw

could contribute to performance loss

Yep the new improvements have forced me to turn down a lot of settings in custom games where as before I could run most custom games in higher settings.

same engine, upgraded though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IurLEBNu5Qw

could contribute to performance loss

Yep the new improvements have forced me to turn down a lot of settings in custom games where as before I could run most custom games in higher settings.

It's just so weird though. For my FPS to be hitting 25 at times with CF 7970s I figured there was more going on than graphical improvements... if it's that bad I would hate to see how my old computer would run it.

It's just so weird though. For my FPS to be hitting 25 at times with CF 7970s I figured there was more going on than graphical improvements... if it's that bad I would hate to see how my old computer would run it.

What CPU are you running? SC2 is a pretty CPU intensive game.

Supreme Commander is probably the best RTS outside of SC that I have played. In fact from RTS games alone I would say that Supreme Commander is the best, just that the multiplayer and story is better on the SC end.

This is pretty subjective though, isn't it? I enjoy RTSs and I've never played Sup Com and I've heard from buddies some of the game details. Like for example you can build units while "in debt", something like a helicopter might have its own fuel supply which you have to keep an eye on or it will just crash.

Like I said, never played it, but if some of these things are true, well then thats prob why I stayed away from it. I personally don't feel things like that add to the depth, it just seems like its just bogging you down with BS crap and making it seem like there is more strategy to it. I've just always had the impression that they made that game to try and be overly complicated just to make it overly complicated. So are some of these things true, or am I totally off my rocker?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe SC has always been more cpu intensive, so it may not have anything to do with your gpus. Are you getting this by yourself or in multiplayer?

This is pretty subjective though, isn't it? I enjoy RTSs and I've never played Sup Com and I've heard from buddies some of the game details. Like for example you can build units while "in debt", something like a helicopter might have its own fuel supply which you have to keep an eye on or it will just crash.

Like I said, never played it, but if some of these things are true, well then thats prob why I stayed away from it. I personally don't feel things like that add to the depth, it just seems like its just bogging you down with BS crap and making it seem like there is more strategy to it. I've just always had the impression that they made that game to try and be overly complicated just to make it overly complicated. So are some of these things true, or am I totally off my rocker?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe SC has always been more cpu intensive, so it may not have anything to do with your gpus. Are you getting this by yourself or in multiplayer?

The units don't crash, they just become weaker. They will auto refill. Honestly I thought it was always awesome with the fuel stuff on air ships since early game air units can be too easily exploited.

Granted there is balance things in Sup Com that will never get fixed it was still an awesome RTS. Just the scope of some of the battles were so completely epic and while SC2 constantly requires you to either counter enemy units or build the fastest there is more strategy involved with supreme commander.

The best feature about Sup Com wasn't any unit in the game, it was the strategic view. Once you play the game using the strategic view its hard to play another RTS without it.

What CPU are you running? SC2 is a pretty CPU intensive game.
I have an i5 2500K at 4.3 GHz. I ran WoL perfectly with an i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz (same speed memory too even).

I figured it was something CPU related at first, but there's almost no difference between the extreme physics setting and setting physics off. That's kind of weird, then, right?

I have an i5 2500K at 4.3 GHz. I ran WoL perfectly with an i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz (same speed memory too even).

I figured it was something CPU related at first, but there's almost no difference between the extreme physics setting and setting physics off. That's kind of weird, then, right?

yea it is, I am not sure what to tell you. Your CPU could make me dinner so it should have no hiccups.

Never played supcom, but does micro matter at all, or is it usually larger army wins?

My experience was that Micro did not matter much in Supcom.. numbers mattered much more. That being said it is a really good game just not the same kind of RTS that SC2 is.

Back