Scary Games

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
What's the scariest game you guys ever played? I think mine would have to be Clive Baker's Undying. Playing that in the dark is very fun.

Only got into scary games recently (this gen by console time lines) and the memorable ones that really creeped me out and had me always on edge were metroid prime (late game) and eternal darkness, I used a bug in resident evil for unlimited grenade launcher ammo so I kinda wasted that game >_> *has a cube*
Nothing has really effected me since then, probably since I got used to it :(

The Pandora Directive - the section of Area 51 with the mist
Doom 3
Doom (when it was new)
System Shock 2

Games really don't get "scare" me. Its after i've gotten really far with out saving and my computer locks up, thats when i get scared. I think we all know what i'm talking about.

System Shock 2....without a doubt.

The original Resident Evil had me hooked and spooked (usually when I played it at night when no one was home).

Doom/Doom 3

Umm that's about all I can think of for now...

SYS2...RE games....DOOM3 (Only the first time, than it gets a bit old) and i guess fear.

Oh, I remember another one.

Aliens vs Predator 2

Anyone download the SS2 mod that adds more realistic textures?

altec said:
Games really don't get "scared" me. Its after i've gotten really far with out saving and my computer locks up, thats when i get scared. I think we all know what i'm talking about.

No amount of "QFT"s would suffice.

Doom 3, hard difficulty, in the dark, and with headphones on! That was only the first half of the game though. Then it got repetitive, and lost it's effect. My favorite part was when the power and lights went out, and you had to follow this one guy real closely as he had the only light. That was scary!

Thief 3. Is the level called Shalebridge Cradle? Possibly the freakiest level ever made.

F.E.A.R. is the all time scariest for me. i've screamed and jumped, my hair has stood up and i've gotten goose bumps. swear to god, that girl and the general spooky sounds is enough to litterly put you in the game. i beat it yesterday and i'm playing through it again. :cool:

Doom3 for sure. That game in the dark with headsets on is just crazy. Probably going to pick up FEAR soon, so my vote might change.

Undying then and FEAR now. Though I'm too much of a manly man to get scared over games too much. :) :D ;)

When I was younger the Resident Evil series on the Playstation was scary.

I think on Resident Evil I remember when them 2 dogs jump into the window man that was scary, I jump like 10 feet into the air lol.

Alone in the Dark was also alittle scary but I didnt finish so yeah.

Doom 3 is scary I have it ,havnt finish it yet and probaly won't :D ,

Quake IV (is not scary though)

F.E.A.R is alittle scary but only now and then, those invicible soldiers things creep me out though, that girl is not that scary :( .

Doom 3 wasn't scary, but made me jump a few the first couple of times. :) I need to pick up F.E.A.R.

the first Aliens v. Predators. I couldn't play past a certain level as the marines/predators. It scared me so badly one time, I literally ran away from my computer. Damn face huggers. :mad: I couldnt play the 2nd one either.

Silent Hill 2.

A couple friends and I played it through. When everybody had gone to bed I grabbed a plastic bag and made the noise the radio makes when a monster is near.

Friend 1: "WTF was that"........*russle russle*......."THAT!!"
Friend 2: "I'm freakin out man....."
Me: *slowly taps on floor* *russle russle of bag*
Friends: "OMG, fuckin run dude"
Me: WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friends: AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *shits pants*

Yes we were young and stupid, lol. Good times.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - I have recently gone a stretch of 6 days without sleeping and I fell asleep for a few seconds mid flight. I woke up and the plane was upside down headed towards the ground and all I could think about was the passengers, then I realized it's just a simulation...... :confused:

Foxcow said:
the first Aliens v. Predators. I couldn't play past a certain level as the marines/predators. It scared me so badly one time, I literally ran away from my computer. Damn face huggers. :mad: I couldnt play the 2nd one either.

lol you didn't like bursting outta that dudes chest as an alien?

Resident Evil 2 (Because the first wasn't scary)
System Shock 2
Breath of Fire 4 and Chrono Cross: I don't know why, but there are a lot parts from these games that made me feel disturbed, dirty, and scared
Silent Hill 1: Awesome atmosphere and down right freaky

DOOM 3 and QUAKE 4 is scary? really? i thought they were just futuristic games with futuristic guns....didnt kno they were scary....any "In Details" about these 2 games?

Back