• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SC2 patch 1.1 tomorrow

TheWeazmeister

<a href=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.parentdish.com/
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
3,346
Well, we'll see how the play balance changes do, but patch 1.1 is coming out tomorrow.
 
any chance it will have any CFX fixes? or AA for us ATI guys? man those void-rays are too powerful.
 
10.9 + 10.9profiles adds better support for sc2, its not perfect but much better than 10.8. There was no mention of 3d support so I'm guesing AA is still far off
 
Read the patch notes. It made them from 50-35 damage in seige mode. Big drop.

The only thing it's going to matter against is zealots.

It will still 1 shot 5-6 zerglings at a time since tanks have an inner splash radius with 100% damage, a middle one with 50%, and an outer one with 25%...

AKA nothing's changed in ZvT with respect to tanks (hydralisks are never made in ZvT since they suck against just about every T unit). Zerglings and banelings will continue to get killed 5-6 at a time from a single shot, roaches will continue to take the same damage.

Zealots now take 5 hits instead of 4. That's the biggest change.
 
Read the patch notes. It made them from 50-35 damage in seige mode. Big drop.

I ddnt have the notes in front of me at the time. I went home and read the notes. Still no retards to the void rays but building a BC is even slower now. Lame
 
Actually there was no mention of BCs being longer to make. The main changes are that it does less damage to ground units.

For protoss warpgates have longer cooldown periods and the zealot takes longer to make.

For zerg is was the Ultralisk damage being decreased similar to the tanks.

For terran, bunker times went up by 5 seconds same with reaper times by 5 seconds.
 
Actually there was no mention of BCs being longer to make. The main changes are that it does less damage to ground units.

For protoss warpgates have longer cooldown periods and the zealot takes longer to make.

For zerg is was the Ultralisk damage being decreased similar to the tanks.

For terran, bunker times went up by 5 seconds same with reaper times by 5 seconds.

Warpgates do not have longer cooldowns period. Their zealot warpgate cooldown is increased by 5.

All the warpgate does is make a unit build 10 seconds faster than usual. Since the normal zealot got +5, then the warpgate zealot also got +5... which i why the warpgate was mentioned in the patch notes.
 
I love the new patch. Being able to build a Greater Spire at the start of the game is a bit imba, but as a Zerg player, i'm not complaining ;)

0011ca.jpg
 
It is real. Obviously all the unit/building names are mixed up.

Protoss expanding with a second Nexus at 00:44 is new solid opening ;)
 
It is real. Obviously all the unit/building names are mixed up.

Protoss expanding with a second Nexus at 00:44 is new solid opening ;)

No it isn't they lo0st! That one drone was pretty hardcore. But 9 Greater spires seems like a good idea. My zerg opening sucks penus...seriously. I just do something too slow. haha. Twitch shooter skillz dont help so much...

I don't have a usually way of doing it but, I get like 9 drones on crystals, then one overlord, then extractor, then 3 gas drones and a spawning pool, then another 3 on more gas, one more overlord, then reaper rushed... Ill try the spire thing.
 
Warpgates do not have longer cooldowns period. Their zealot warpgate cooldown is increased by 5.

All the warpgate does is make a unit build 10 seconds faster than usual. Since the normal zealot got +5, then the warpgate zealot also got +5... which i why the warpgate was mentioned in the patch notes.

Ah thanks for the correction.
 
I don't have a usually way of doing it but, I get like 9 drones on crystals, then one overlord, then extractor, then 3 gas drones and a spawning pool, then another 3 on more gas, one more overlord, then reaper rushed... Ill try the spire thing.
Just do a modified 6pool to keep him busy and keep growing on your end.
 
No it isn't they lo0st! That one drone was pretty hardcore. But 9 Greater spires seems like a good idea. My zerg opening sucks penus...seriously. I just do something too slow. haha. Twitch shooter skillz dont help so much...

I don't have a usually way of doing it but, I get like 9 drones on crystals, then one overlord, then extractor, then 3 gas drones and a spawning pool, then another 3 on more gas, one more overlord, then reaper rushed... Ill try the spire thing.

You are probably doing gas too early, since it doesn't seem like you are using gas for anything?

I wonder what people would think if the Queen's ground attack was made identical to the air attack?
 
Just do a modified 6pool to keep him busy and keep growing on your end.

You are probably doing gas too early, since it doesn't seem like you are using gas for anything?

I wonder what people would think if the Queen's ground attack was made identical to the air attack?

Yeah I din't harass OR scout enough. I usually go for a "if I have a kick ass army then it doesn't really matter what the hell they do I can just steamroll them!" Kind of mentality. I looked up the 6pool and it looks like something I could learn. Still need to get better at doing multiple things at once. but yes I do go for gas too early. I get used to using it later so I like to have a building supply. I usually end up later with a disproportianate amount of gas or crystals.

But queens would probably become too offensive if they got a ground attack that was good. Especially as all you need is a lair.
 
I usually wait until 14 supply before getting gas followed by pool. first 100 gas dumped into speed or, on rare occasions, a quick lair and transition to muta.
 
Yeah I din't harass OR scout enough. I usually go for a "if I have a kick ass army then it doesn't really matter what the hell they do I can just steamroll them!" Kind of mentality. I looked up the 6pool and it looks like something I could learn. Still need to get better at doing multiple things at once. but yes I do go for gas too early. I get used to using it later so I like to have a building supply. I usually end up later with a disproportianate amount of gas or crystals.

But queens would probably become too offensive if they got a ground attack that was good. Especially as all you need is a lair.

Are you doing a mutalisk heavy army? That tends to cause massive amount of minerals vs. gas. You probably need to round out your army with more zerglings.

Queen air attack is just 9dmg vs. 2x4dmg for the ground, but its ranged. And I think with how slow it moves off creep, I don't think you'd be able to get it to the enemy base. Err are we thinking about the same queen though? Since you don't need a lair to build a Queen.
 
I don't know if I'm missing something but I can't join any multiplayer game after the patch.

I log in, everything seem fine. The single player option is available, the multiplayer option is available. As soon as I try to join or create a game, the button get grey out. Now I can't even play single player because that button is grey out too. I can only reset it if I long out and log in a gain but the same thing happen again. Any help? After the patch, SC asked for permission again and I allowed it so I don't know if that's causing the problem.
 
I don't know if I'm missing something but I can't join any multiplayer game after the patch.

I log in, everything seem fine. The single player option is available, the multiplayer option is available. As soon as I try to join or create a game, the button get grey out. Now I can't even play single player because that button is grey out too. I can only reset it if I long out and log in a gain but the same thing happen again. Any help? After the patch, SC asked for permission again and I allowed it so I don't know if that's causing the problem.

That usually happens when the servers are too busy. I imagine everyone got on to D/L the patch and play a few games.

Fortunately for me (very unfortunately normally...) my internet pretty much blows during prime time anyway so I don't play during 9-midnight basically.
 
I usually wait until 14 supply before getting gas followed by pool. first 100 gas dumped into speed or, on rare occasions, a quick lair and transition to muta.

Are you doing a mutalisk heavy army? That tends to cause massive amount of minerals vs. gas. You probably need to round out your army with more zerglings.

Queen air attack is just 9dmg vs. 2x4dmg for the ground, but its ranged. And I think with how slow it moves off creep, I don't think you'd be able to get it to the enemy base. Err are we thinking about the same queen though? Since you don't need a lair to build a Queen.

Yes your right! You just need a spawning pool fir the queen /noob. But with transporting overlords/nydus worms it might work, and youd have the creep. But only being able to produce 1 per hatchery and other things being produced much quicker would mean it would be hard to do before other similar strategys probably.

I tend to avoid zerglings after the opening. They tend to die rather too quickly so I go for roches + tunneling claws and the pop up and down thing. I know zerglings are good, for certain things, i'm just too noobish to work them out :D

But I do need to wait a bit longer before going for gas. That would mean I could get something out there much much quicker.
 
Back
Top