SB X-Fi Purchased at Best Buy Today ( Pictures Enclosed )

any one have any idea how to make this thing work in XP64 been digging for drivers for days now any one know some thing i dont?

purple_haze said:
ok ok how much of a quantum leap is it to jump from my out of date audigy to x-fi

id say worth the base model price i had a audigy 1 befor this and i can say this sounds much better im just pissed about the lack of 64bit drivers and the single input jack but im going to make a swich for that so i can use my line in and mic with out unpluging all the time

Bugalaman said:
why is there a gaming port on it? didn't they do out years ago?

After re-installing mine this morning, I found that this port is NOT a game port but called an AD Link. Way too many pins to be a Game Port.

Donnie27

xxBlackCrossxx said:
cool thx. i just upgraded my z680 to the z5500. i still have slight hum in the sub. i cant pinpoint where the intereference is coming from. i only get it when pod is in 6ch analogue mode. you get sub hum? anyway, thx for reply, i just preordered the fatality for 199 so ill just wait and see.

I dunno about the humming on your logitech z-680 sub, I don't have that issue...prolly because i kicked it one too many :eek:

Im just guessing here, but wasnt there a recall or something on the Z-680's control pods for a firmware upgrade. This upgrade fixed the humming I believe :confused:

DaRkF0g said:
Im just guessing here, but wasnt there a recall or something on the Z-680's control pods for a firmware upgrade. This upgrade fixed the humming I believe :confused:

That's strange, never recieved anything from logitech about a recall :confused:

wasn't the hum it was the hiss that was more or less fixed with the firmware update on the pod. but the hum is happening on my z5500 not the z680.

i desperately need to upgrade from my logitech z540 crappy ass 100watt so what would be an excellent upgrade for the 100dollar price range i would op for z5500 but 250 is too much right now i just need an excellent 5.1 system since i guess im gonna upgrade to xfi in a couple months so could you guys me advice on a good system in the price range

If you have an Audigy 2 ZS platinum, would it be possible to use the I/O drive from that with the new X-Fi?

bratboy said:
All the cards have memory. The 2 lower cards both have a 2meg samsung chip, my fatal1ty and the top card use a 64 meg MT 48LC32M16A2 instead.

oh ok thanx for clearing it up. :)

purple_haze said:
i desperately need to upgrade from my logitech z540 crappy ass 100watt so what would be an excellent upgrade for the 100dollar price range i would op for z5500 but 250 is too much right now i just need an excellent 5.1 system since i guess im gonna upgrade to xfi in a couple months so could you guys me advice on a good system in the price range
You might check EBay. There are zillions of PC audio setups there, some new, some not;but you might be able to get a nice upgrade for a small amount of money. I was looking for replacement Klipsch speakers and found all sorts of neat stuff.

I'm using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, is it worth it to upgrade to the Xfi? I play games occasionally, but more often listen to music and watch movies on my logitech 5.1s the lower priced one.

repeatx3 said:
I'm using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, is it worth it to upgrade to the Xfi? I play games occasionally, but more often listen to music and watch movies on my logitech 5.1s the lower priced one.

if there analog its great the on card DTS and DD decodeing sounds great and with the crystalizer on it sounds realy nice :D id say go for it

do u have to connect the floopy power adapter to this thing? my friend bought one, but didnt tell me if he had to connect power to it or not. i then proceded to play some CS:S with my in-ear sony headphones and it sounds WAAY better. iam thinking of getting the fata1ty version today or tommorow and then getting the price adjusted since he works in best buy.
he gets the basic model for 95 bucks, i wonder how much for the fata1ty......

I bought 2 the other day...this is the contents of the first one I bought...

Oooh, soo pretty =)
box.JPG

Blah blah blah, stuff
flap.JPG

Wait a minute, something looks a little strange here...
static.JPG

What the FUCK. What the shit is this thing doing in here? I didn't want a fucking $50 Audigy 2 ZS in my $130 X-Fi XtremeMusic package...
bs.JPG

So I return to Best Buy, they refuse to exchange it, and they tell me to call their corporate headquarters and Creative Customer Service. I end up buying another one, but I'm now extremely disgusted.

Here we are...pretty...
xfi.JPG

The correct number of analog jacks...
pci.JPG

Anyway, I email Creative with a complaint (as you can see, that ZS is SEALED IN THE BAG. It even had an XFi sticker inside). They email me back a day later saying that it's "not possible for a ZS to be in an X-Fi box and to take it up with best buy" So now I'm out $130 bucks until best buy responds to me...

I got the X-Fi Platinum from Best Buy and it didn't come with extra software same as the Regular but it has the front drive which I abuse so I always get the front drive.

well, its probably not hard to reseal a package... so chances are that someone else already bought that XFi and returned it with their Audigy in it. Trust me, a lot of these kind of things happen. Same thing happened to me when the Creative Geforce2GTS got released. I bought one and it was a Creative Gefoce256. Best Buy customer service are scum. So are Creative. They'll keep pushing you back and forth.

Still waiting for my Fatality edition to ship from Creative's site. All the X-Fi's are still on preorder

FanZ said:
well, its probably not hard to reseal a package... so chances are that someone else already bought that XFi and returned it with their Audigy in it. Trust me, a lot of these kind of things happen. Same thing happened to me when the Creative Geforce2GTS got released. I bought one and it was a Creative Gefoce256. Best Buy customer service are scum. So are Creative. They'll keep pushing you back and forth.

no one takes the time to actually check the package anymore and for the prices they charge they should.

Tytanium said:
I bought 2 the other day...this is the contents of the first one I bought...

Oooh, soo pretty =)

Blah blah blah, stuff

Wait a minute, something looks a little strange here...

What the FUCK. What the shit is this thing doing in here? I didn't want a fucking $50 Audigy 2 ZS in my $130 X-Fi XtremeMusic package...

So I return to Best Buy, they refuse to exchange it, and they tell me to call their corporate headquarters and Creative Customer Service. I end up buying another one, but I'm now extremely disgusted.

Here we are...pretty...

The correct number of analog jacks...

Anyway, I email Creative with a complaint (as you can see, that ZS is SEALED IN THE BAG. It even had an XFi sticker inside). They email me back a day later saying that it's "not possible for a ZS to be in an X-Fi box and to take it up with best buy" So now I'm out $130 bucks until best buy responds to me...

and this my friends is why we DONT swap boards on best buy

but my question was the box it self sealed too? or was it a "openbox"

note to ppl that get open box items in Bestbuy OPEN IT THERE so if some one did do some shit like that thay cant blame you

hmm i have an idea for you ask to talk to the manager and ask if there were any of them returned
and re-turned items need to be marked openbox >.>

Elios said:
and this my friends is why we DONT swap boards on best buy

but my question was the box it self sealed too? or was it a "openbox"

note to ppl that get open box items in Bestbuy OPEN IT THERE so if some one did do some shit like that thay cant blame you

hmm i have an idea for you ask to talk to the manager and ask if there were any of them returned
and re-turned items need to be marked openbox >.>
There was a sticky piece of clear plastic/tape on the edge and it didn't look like it had already been opened. It was on the shelf in the computer accessories section...

Tytanium said:
There was a sticky piece of clear plastic/tape on the edge and it didn't look like it had already been opened. It was on the shelf in the computer accessories section...

yea wasnt saying it was your falt there was another thread about bestbuy and ppl doing shit that would have you end up with the wrong card like buying some thing and puting some thing else in the box and taking it back

:eek:

yea i fell for you that shit is just jacked up

TwinTurboJosh said:
Still waiting for my Fatality edition to ship from Creative's site. All the X-Fi's are still on preorder

Same here man.

:(

Tytanium said:
For your info the sticky tape can easily be removed with a pocket knife or razor blade, so it looks like the package was never opened. The "guranteed factory sealed sticker" can easily be removed and put back on without any damage to the box or sticker itself.

Just something I picked up along the way.

Regardless that blows that you got ripped with a A2 in a X-FI box. :(

I have a SN25P with only one PCI-E 1x slot, will this turd work wity my system?

Take Care

I would be going to best buy and be telling the manager that if he didn't refund my money that I would be disputing the charge with my Credit Card company and that if he doesn't comply he will be out his money and his fake X-Fi.

I'd also try and get the manager to sign proof that you tried to get a refund, or just use the email from creative.

yeah, i am also waiting on the Fatality board to become available! :D But i was also wondering if u HAVE to use the drive bay with it? i have a small case with only 2 drive bays, and i think i will use my CD-RW drive a lot more than the sound drive thing. But maybe ui could connect it and have it leading OUTside the case maybe?

Back