SB Titanium X-Fi & Windows 10 Pro

banks2878

Limp Gawd
ok I just put the sound card in my comp today and did a fresh install of windows 10 pro on first start up into windows my sounds works fine but after I update windows I loose sound I got it hooked to a reviever via 3.5 to rca. I even reinstalled windows several times to see if it would change, I also did disable my onboard sound in the bios after installing windows twice and it doing it and I reloaded windows again and I get the same result

yea I forgot to mention that I installed the new driver that was released this month aswell. if I switch my playback device over to my TV I get sound but I'm thinking that has nothing to do with my issue because my TV is hooked to my GTX770 via HDMI

nevermind I got it fixed just had to change a bunch of settings

If you're up to it, feel free to post what those changes were. We get a lot of hits search hits from people looking to resolve problems, always nice when the problem AND the solution are posted. :)

I had a problem with my audio dropping on an Z, upgrading to Windows 10 actually fixed it in my case. Glad you got it resolved.

I installed an X-Fi titanium to my kid last week to his Win10 gaming box. It worked almost right out of the box.

The only thing that required fiddling was configure the ouput port as 'headphones' in the creative control panel. The color coding on the card was different from the old card (Terratec Aureon) so I originally plugged the headphones to an effect channel by mistake. When I moved the plug to another channel, creative saw it as 'line out' but once configured as headphones they started working normally.

founf out what my issue was after installing the new drivers and the sound not being on point and having a hiss noise. I went into control panel and turned off "Enable X-FI CMSS-3D"
Now my sound is clear as day :)

Back