1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Just games; turn on play games; turn off so lots of power cycle
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
No limit but thought was ~$1000
3) Where do you live?
Mass
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
cpu, case, psu, drives, mb, memory
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None (maybe pull the xfi sound card; not sure of exact model but it is a 'good' one).
6) Will you be overclocking?
none planned
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
currently 22; but want to support dell 27 (high resolution)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Next 3 weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
Quality on board sound would be nice; ethernet, crossfire
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Have access to legal (for personal home usage) wiindows 7 32/64 (plan is 64)
-
back ground
-
I currently have a e8400/8800gts g92 xp system which I use to play games (turn on when playing otherwise it is off; so it gets a fair number of power cycles; I use a linux system for web and stuff and that system stays on 24x7).
-
plan/objective:
My thought was to build a new system (running windows 7 64) and I figure the new system would accomplish 2 tasks; 2 to 4x faster and upgrade to windows 7.
--
The system I've been spec'ing (nothing purchased):
asrock extreme 4 p67 mb ~$152 or asus pro!$185
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157217
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131682
2500K intel cpu ~$190 (MC until this saturday)
seagate constellation st3500514 500GB ~$90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148609
g.skill ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (7-8-7-24) $65 or Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM $69
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231430
(the second pair is rated 1.5; the first is 1.6)
intel x25-M 120GB g2 ~$220
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167035
(could go with oem version since asrock comes with 2.5 bracket)
lian 9f $128
seasonic x 650 ~$120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088
windows 7
ati 6950 (initially one but might upgrade two 2 hence 650W psu)
dvd drive ~15
blu-ray drive ~$50
--
admin said to post this when I am within 3 weeks of build. Since I'd like to order memory today I thought I would move up my build date; should probably build within 30 days of first compoennt purchase for easy return; also I can still pick up the 2500K from MC for $190.
Just games; turn on play games; turn off so lots of power cycle
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
No limit but thought was ~$1000
3) Where do you live?
Mass
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
cpu, case, psu, drives, mb, memory
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None (maybe pull the xfi sound card; not sure of exact model but it is a 'good' one).
6) Will you be overclocking?
none planned
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
currently 22; but want to support dell 27 (high resolution)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Next 3 weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
Quality on board sound would be nice; ethernet, crossfire
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Have access to legal (for personal home usage) wiindows 7 32/64 (plan is 64)
-
back ground
-
I currently have a e8400/8800gts g92 xp system which I use to play games (turn on when playing otherwise it is off; so it gets a fair number of power cycles; I use a linux system for web and stuff and that system stays on 24x7).
-
plan/objective:
My thought was to build a new system (running windows 7 64) and I figure the new system would accomplish 2 tasks; 2 to 4x faster and upgrade to windows 7.
--
The system I've been spec'ing (nothing purchased):
asrock extreme 4 p67 mb ~$152 or asus pro!$185
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157217
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131682
2500K intel cpu ~$190 (MC until this saturday)
seagate constellation st3500514 500GB ~$90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148609
g.skill ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (7-8-7-24) $65 or Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM $69
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231430
(the second pair is rated 1.5; the first is 1.6)
intel x25-M 120GB g2 ~$220
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167035
(could go with oem version since asrock comes with 2.5 bracket)
lian 9f $128
seasonic x 650 ~$120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088
windows 7
ati 6950 (initially one but might upgrade two 2 hence 650W psu)
dvd drive ~15
blu-ray drive ~$50
--
admin said to post this when I am within 3 weeks of build. Since I'd like to order memory today I thought I would move up my build date; should probably build within 30 days of first compoennt purchase for easy return; also I can still pick up the 2500K from MC for $190.
Last edited: