Dec 31, 2006 #1 C CorpX Limp Gawd Joined Mar 1, 2005 Messages 285 I'm getting a "drive index" of 59MB/sec with my sata 2 drive running on a sata1 mobo. (sisoft sandra) By going to a mobo, I shouldnt expect any performance boost, right?
I'm getting a "drive index" of 59MB/sec with my sata 2 drive running on a sata1 mobo. (sisoft sandra) By going to a mobo, I shouldnt expect any performance boost, right?
Jan 1, 2007 #3 U unhappy_mage [H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2005 Joined Jun 29, 2004 Messages 11,455 SiSoft's disk benchmarking tools are notoriously inaccurate and non-repeatable.
Jan 1, 2007 #4 C CorpX Limp Gawd Joined Mar 1, 2005 Messages 285 hdtach gives me similiar results (with sata being ~10-15% faster). that said, make sata the boot drive or make sata the drive with virtual mem?
hdtach gives me similiar results (with sata being ~10-15% faster). that said, make sata the boot drive or make sata the drive with virtual mem?
Jan 1, 2007 #5 T Team Obi Juan Your Local Postmaster Joined Sep 28, 2005 Messages 23,276 I had an interesting experience in this thread. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1139233 Note that there were no real world differences between my two setups. My results that I posted are from 2 WD SATA II 80gb HD's in RAID 0 on a SATA 1 mobo with 16k stripe and Same hard drives in RAID 0 on SATA 2 mobo with 64k stripe. Similar average read and access, 68% increase in burst though.
I had an interesting experience in this thread. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1139233 Note that there were no real world differences between my two setups. My results that I posted are from 2 WD SATA II 80gb HD's in RAID 0 on a SATA 1 mobo with 16k stripe and Same hard drives in RAID 0 on SATA 2 mobo with 64k stripe. Similar average read and access, 68% increase in burst though.