• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA2 performance boost?

CorpX

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
285
I'm getting a "drive index" of 59MB/sec with my sata 2 drive running on a sata1 mobo. (sisoft sandra)

By going to a mobo, I shouldnt expect any performance boost, right?
 
SiSoft's disk benchmarking tools are notoriously inaccurate and non-repeatable.
 
hdtach gives me similiar results (with sata being ~10-15% faster).

that said, make sata the boot drive or make sata the drive with virtual mem?
 
I had an interesting experience in this thread.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1139233

Note that there were no real world differences between my two setups. My results that I posted are from

2 WD SATA II 80gb HD's in RAID 0 on a SATA 1 mobo with 16k stripe

and

Same hard drives in RAID 0 on SATA 2 mobo with 64k stripe.

Similar average read and access, 68% increase in burst though.
 
Back
Top