Sata to molex converters

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Anyone know where I can get a cable that converts a sata power conection to a molex 4 pin?

i dont think those exist, why would you need one anyway?

every SATA capable PSU ive seen has had plenty of molex leads...

and you could always just get a splitter if you run out

I have to power 2 eide drives 2 optical drives 2 6800gts 7 fans and an eled strip. I dont have any sata drives and thier is a seperate line with 3 sata connectors on thier that I would like to tap into.

get some molex splitters for your drives. i dont think SATA to molex power converters exist

Yes there are such beasties but you have to buy a PSU to go with them. They come with the Topower built 1Kw+ PSU's such as the Tagan TG1100.

hmm kinda cool.

but I am a cheap bastid, I would just cut off the 2 molex tails from a splitter and break out the soldering iron and heatshrink and splice the molex into the sata wires and end up with both on that rail. Of course i would start drinking while I was doing it, burn myself twice, the dog once (it would be smarter than me and leave), spill a beer on my keyboard but after 2 hours I would have a hangover and saved myself $10, less cost of bandaids, beer, solder, heatshrink, splitter and asprin. Why is my keyboard sticky ? ewwwwww.

Back