• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SATA Power.. TOO SHORT

OldM3ta

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
1,150
Re: Serial ATA Power Cable Extenders / Extension Cables ?


I recently bought a Thermal Take Butterfly PSU and a pair of Raptors. However, the SATA power line off the PSU doesn't reach the location of my hard drives near the bottom of the case.

I cannot relocate the hard drives higher.
I do not wish to use a regular power adapter to sata adapter cable.

I am hoping someone can be nice enough to point me to a direction where I can get, if available, SATA.power to SATA.power extension cables / extenders.

Thanks ahead!
 
there might be such an animal
but I havent seen one

on the other hand, today might be a good day for you to learn how to solder wires
that and a little heatshrink will do wonders for your problem


alternately the 4 pin molex to SATA extention
 
Yeah... I looked all over the net all day long and didn't find one either. This might be the jump some young entrepeneur with aspirations to fill a niche market might be looking for..!

But the chances of them reading this post are almost as bad as the chances of me pulling out the soldering iron to embark upon such a simple task...

I order the 4 pin power to Y-split 15 pin SATA power at census pc for $6. :cool:


Tanks for the reply guy! :p
 
Back
Top