• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SATA backplanes

rthorntn

n00b
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
37
Hi,

Spotswood is building me a case:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601030

So we were just going to have 24 power and 24 sata directly connected.

But now I am thinking 24 individual backplanes:

http://www.frys.com/product/5983504

And now the question, has anyone seen a backplane like this that has LED headers on the board, I can't quite tell if the one above has holes to solder the headers on?

Found this hires image of the board, do you think these are LED header holes?

rh-sata-02c.jpg


Obviously I want 24 so a good price would also be awesome.

Thanks for looking.

--Richard
 
Last edited:
I got a reply from pactech, all good headers are available.

Now I am thinking that I have 48 LED's to incorporate, any ideas?

So right now the case panels are solid, no holes for anything.

Some things that are going through my mind:

-Using an 8 x 8 LED matrix
-Somehow using the voltage on the headers to feed a microcontroller-based LCD

Basically I am looking for a cool way to visualise the power and busy LEDs for 24 disks.

Thanks for looking.

--Richard
 
Back
Top