Saros (Housemarque)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
30,446
Housemarque, the PlayStation-owned studio that made the excellent sci-fi roguelike Returnal, has just announced its next game: Saros

Set on the planet Carcosa under the threat of an ominous eclipse, take on the role of Arjun Devraj, a powerful Soltari Enforcer searching for answers on a lost off-world colony...SAROS presents the next evolution in Housemarque’s gameplay-first experience


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhj4r0y11os
 
Last edited:
In a blog post, Housemarque’s Gregory Louden provided a bit more detail:

"A key gameplay distinction between Saros and Returnal is permanent resources and progression making every death valuable. After every death you will face a changed world, but in Saros you will be able to choose and permanently upgrade your loadout from an evolving set of weapons and suit upgrades to “come back stronger” to overcome the challenges you face on Carcosa"...

https://blog.playstation.com/2025/02/12/announcing-saros-the-next-game-from-housemarque-coming-2026/
 
I never played returnal but this looks so much better.
 
Last edited:
The video looks very nice, including the gameplay, but...

1758795277509.png
 
hopefully the PS exclusivity won't be too long...the developer seemed to abandon the PC version of Returnal after 3 patches
 
I never played returnal but ths looks so much better.
Man, returnal is truly an amazing game. I can't remember the last game I played where I beat it and wanted to just keep playing it. It hits on just about everything for me: atmosphere, music, mystery, science fiction, and most of all, truly engaging fun and difficult gameplay.

I was bummed at first that this game wasn't coming to pc anymore, but it seems like the people that truly loved returnal were disappointed with this one. It received more traditional rouge lite elements, you aren't just isolated on an alien planet, you also have really awful and cringy NPC's. There is no co-op and no tower mode like returnal.
 
Back
Top