Sapphire X800pro ViVo - $418 - Newegg

Why the hell is Newegg selling a $400 card for way more than $400? Thats a good deal at Newegg, but not a good deal in general.

well yea ... but it is the lowest cost x800 in stock at newegg... and with pretty good possiblities of making it x800XT is somewhat of a plus.

Bugalaman said:
Why the hell is Newegg selling a $400 card for way more than $400? Thats a good deal at Newegg, but not a good deal in general.

supply < demand = higher price

Bugalaman said:

:confused: check pricewatch, there is not a single X800Pro anywhere for less than $418.00.

I don't really consider that a great deal. I can right now drive over to my local CompUSA and buy an x800 pro for $399. They're in stock.

Vader said:
Where do you see VIVO edition?

It has the RAGE Theatre chip that only the XT-PEs have, making it a VIVO edition (If I'm understanding correctly). It also has 1.6ns RAM that XT-PEs have..

This card is basically a XT-PE waiting to be flashed. That's why it's a hot deal.

I don't really consider that a great deal. I can right now drive over to my local CompUSA and buy an x800 pro for $399. They're in stock

399 + tax

hummm... this orginally was with the ViVo in the title on newegg and the details included it. Hopfully sapphire did not change anything in the design and they killed off the Rage chipset.

$399.75. Resellers Rating sucks, though.

thats also a different card, and he was making a point that he could get it locally for cheaper when he is not taking into account for sales tax.

BSMaier said:
thats also a different card, and he was making a point that he could get it locally for cheaper when he is not taking into account for sales tax.

Not really. It's the same card you would find at CompUSA.

The Sapphire card is only better because of the flashing opportunities.

The Sapphire card is only better because of the flashing opportunities.
haha that was the whole point to this thread
Well , the price is not that great , but this is the ViVo edition so that the XT modding my be possible.

Cele-CT said:
hummm... this orginally was with the ViVo in the title on newegg and the details included it. Hopfully sapphire did not change anything in the design and they killed off the Rage chipset.

The latest review mentions the Samsung 1.6ns and the RAGE chip, which are the features that allow it to be flashed to XT-PE speeds.

I actually bought one of these and they either sent me the wrong card (there was no VIVO on it) or they have a pretty nasty typo on their site. The card they sent me was a plain-jane X800 Pro with the slower memory. If you look @ the pics of the card... you will notice that there is no Rage Theatre chipset on the back.

I RMA'd it back to them already. IMO it's a great price for a card if you get the VIVO option, but otherwise it ain't :( They're out of stock @ this point anyway, so I wouldn't sweat it. I wouldn't suggest this card for any soft/hard modding if you plan on getting crazy (that is provided that there is a typo on their site).

MasterBaiter said:
I actually bought one of these and they either sent me the wrong card (there was no VIVO on it) or they have a pretty nasty typo on their site. The card they sent me was a plain-jane X800 Pro with the slower memory. If you look @ the pics of the card... you will notice that there is no Rage Theatre chipset on the back.

I RMA'd it back to them already. IMO it's a great price for a card if you get the VIVO option, but otherwise it ain't :( They're out of stock @ this point anyway, so I wouldn't sweat it. I wouldn't suggest this card for any soft/hard modding if you plan on getting crazy (that is provided that there is a typo on their site).

So you actually LOST money for no good reason... since RMA costs you shipping charges.

Unit-0 said:
So you actually LOST money for no good reason... since RMA costs you shipping charges.

You are quite observant! I don't know about the "no good reason" part though... I would rather eat that, and have a card that I'm happy with then grumble and bitch about it weeks from now. This is the only problem I have with Newegg actually, and that is if they screw up the burden is on you (shipping wise) for their error. There is something to be said for buying from a local shop for this reason. :)

I figure that if they do get me the right card, and I can mod it to an 800 XT PE... I won't be that bad off money wise (that is provided it works).

MasterBaiter said:
If you look @ the pics of the card... you will notice that there is no Rage Theatre chipset on the back.

From newegg when you click on a picture:

"Please note: due to manufacturer version updates, pictures may vary from the actual item. Newer versions of this item may be shipped before the picture shown is updated."

Crimson said:
From newegg when you click on a picture:

"Please note: due to manufacturer version updates, pictures may vary from the actual item. Newer versions of this item may be shipped before the picture shown is updated."

That would be your standard disclaimer and they put it there for their protection. If you look @ the PowerColor vivo X800 Pro pics on their site.... they look correct. I can tell you the card they are showing in those pics... is the card that I received though.

It looks like they have changed the description of the card (no more vivo) as well, so it looks like they had a typo on it. End of story. :)

MasterBaiter is correct.
If you do a search using on their site and choose X800pro as the chipset and VIVO as Yes, the powercolor VIVO X800 is the ONLY one that comes up.
It looks like it either was a typo to begin with, or they changed their minds but didn't change all the descriptions on the page (it stays video in yes and video out yes on the description of the sapphire).

D.

Back