Sapphire Solves Dreaded Eyeinfinity Issue

Great news, this just reduced the price of users choosing to buy an Eyefinity setup.

Most DP monitors cost more than DVI monitors, now people can get three $100-150 monitors and still enjoy Eyefinity.

Great news, this just reduced the price of users choosing to buy an Eyefinity setup.

Most DP monitors cost more than DVI monitors, now people can get three $100-150 monitors and still enjoy Eyefinity.

No pricing in that press release. Please elaborate.

Yup, it depends on the pricing. We already have the Dell active DP adapter which I'm currently using. It set me back $100 so hopefully these will be much less expensive.

Yah, that whole experimental cancer cure is pointless as well as no one knows where to buy it and how much it'll cost.

No pricing in that press release. Please elaborate.

Not sure about the pricing of the actual adapter. I did read somewhere a month ago that ATI may help to subsidise the cost of the adapter.
As for the pricing I posted, that was for the cost of the monitors. Most people were having issues of buying three $200+ monitors for Eyefinity.

Last edited:
Yah, that whole experimental cancer cure is pointless as well as no one knows where to buy it and how much it'll cost.

I hereby nominate you for the "Internet King of Analogies" award.

They have appeared on a suppliers website over here in NZ with an RRP of $199 NZD.

Sapphire Active DISPLAY PORT to DUAL-LINK DVI (F) Cable

Where can you buy it and is it priced significantly lower than the Dell adapter?

Itll be a bit cheaper than straight out currency converting for the US, we get shafted on prices overe here for instance a 5970 RRP is $1299 NZD which means.

1,299.00 NZD = 922.046 USD
New Zealand Dollars United States Dollars
1 NZD = 0.709812 USD 1 USD = 1.40882 NZD

199 New Zealand dollars = 144.47400 U.S. dollars

then take 50 dollars off it because this is the US.. australia and NZ automatically add 50 bucks to what ever is sold there that is also sold in the states..so it should be around 100 dollars here in the states..

rule of thumb.. never base US prices off anything sold in Aus. and NZ.. lol

It would be funny if they just turn out to be Sapphire branded Dell adaptors.

Just checked amazon, newegg, allstarshop, ZZF, superbiiz, tiger..

No luck. Someone please post if you find it.

I emailed Sapphire and got a quick response:

We will get a shipment in this week, and newegg.com will have them available by the end of this week on their site.

Sapphire Tech

Sweet. However, they did not address my question:
Will this adapter be bundled with your video cards at no additional cost?

I'm going to guess they're never going to bundle it.

I would argue that more than 50% of people who purchase a 5870 will be using Eyefinity. I don't know why anybody would purchase a 5870 otherwise. The performance difference between that and the GTX285 wouldn't be worth it to me. Heck, I'd probably hang on to my GTX260 for longer if there was no Eyefinity.
Due to Eyefinity, this is the first time I am seriously considering purchasing a video card over $250 (my most expensive video card was a Monster 12mb voodoo2 pci).
I wouldn't even consider upgrading to a $400 video card for fast performance using only one LCD.

Same here! But I want the "issues" solved 100% before I do it.

The "new" Sapphire displayport adapter is in fact a repackaged Bizlink one. The same one sold by Dell and Accell that so many people are having problems wtih....

Confirmed with Sapphire engineers today....

The first ticket was closed for whatever reason. I don't have record of the conversation but it detailed the Issues at hand . and I was told that it would be passed on the the engineers and I would receive a reply once they heard something. I never did hear anything and the Ticket was closed . I put in another ticket and the following was there response

Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:57:55 +0800
I had a ticket open and it was closed. I never received any feedback to the issue. was there a problem. here is the ticket

SUPPORT TICKET DETAIL Ticket Status closed Open Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:26:44 +0800 Last Revised Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:44:10 +0800 Closed Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:44:50 +0800 Product SAPPHIRE HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE (Game Edition)

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:23:15 +0800

Which active display port did you use to setup eyefinity for this card?

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:14:01 +0800
I used the Bizlink Active DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual-Link cable. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=330-5521
Who Manufactures the new the Sapphire DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual-Link cable.?

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:12:07 +0800

This is actually the one we use as well, its not working for you?

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:42:25 +0800
no, as well as many other people. you can view many of the Issues people are having Here on these forums viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17012 I just received an Accell/ Bizlink adapter of the same kind. and so far it is good. but people have had problems with that as well. and now there is a report of a sapphire adapter not working as well on the same forum there are 20 pages of cases where these adapters are not working on the forums . and many more with a quick search on the Internet. So far my new one is working. I'm unaware of anything that is being done

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:44:40 +0800

We have one in the office that is OEM from Bizlink as well, connected with three 20" DVI monitors and it set up perfectly for the eyefinity feature that the HD5K cards offer. Are you getting error message or it just does not allow you to have 3 setup at the same time?

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:06:47 +0800
No you dont get any error messages . what happens is you start getting Lines in one of the monitors and then the monitor starts cutting in and out. Really It would be impossible for me to list all the different Configurations of all the people that are having problems with these. me personally am running 3 X 1920 X 1200 res in eyefinity. 5760 X 1200 I really hope you could veiw the Issues here viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17012 as it will explain it all in more detail of the major problem Me as well as others are having with this device from BizLink/Accell

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:12:01 +0800

If you are getting lines, there might be a good chance its a bad active DP adapter? The one that i have try out works perfectly fine though.

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:16:36 +0800
There a literally 100's of people having the monitor cut out issue with these adapters.on these forums as well as the entire internet viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17012 some people have had no Issues. but they are the small minority

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:21:10 +0800

This might be an issue with the adapter, i dont think this is something i can help you with, but the one i have is also from bizlink but its a sample product, not sure if the one you have is different from the ones we got. Maybe it was built with a different batch.

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:29:39 +0800
Ok, I can see that you do not want to Investigate this further. I hope that your adapters don't have the same failure rate. as these Bizlink adapters. Because I'm sure you'll be getting lots of calls and returned products. Time will tell I guess. I'm not sure I understand that you base your testing on just one in the office that is OEM from Bizlink , connected with three 20" DVI monitors. But anyway if you do decide to investigate this further I provided a Link. and you could always do a Google search and see the multitude of people having Issues. I have seen one with a Sapphire Adapter. already

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:32:40 +0800

I will check with the factory tomorrow to see if they have users from Europe regoin complaint about this product, because this adapter is sold in Europe already not yet in USA.

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:46:42 +0800
Ok, But as I have said . I have seen 1 complaint. of someone that already has the Sapphire adapter that has had this Issue. and if that is the case. it is Quite possible. that you will be seeing a influx of bad adapters being returned. if it follows the pattern of the Bizlink adapters sold by Dell. Because those adapters have faild on a Grand Scale. Just ask Dell how many have been returned

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:49:51 +0800

In that case i am pretty positive the issue is from the adapters, once we get in conact with the Europe region tomorrow we will let you know.

Well that stinks. So the best bet is still the vga adapter? I was getting ready to purchase 3x Ultrasharp 2209WA ips panels and a 5870. Between the displayport adapter problem and the grey screen crash problems, I'm having second thoughts on purchasing.

hmmm... I got the Accell one... I hope it works.. I read about the issues with the one from Dell and that lots of people got the Accell one afterward and it worked fine.. the weird thing is I am pretty sure it's the same damn adapter with a different sticker on it.. well, my 3 matched LCDs are on the way also. hope it all works! :)

Back