Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ Special Edition - Is awesome

DMFD-Minister

Limp Gawd
Just ran TimeSpy on two RX580 Nitro+ Special Edition cards in crossfire.

Core Clock: 1450
Memory: 2250
Default power settings - no increase in power draw

These cards are as Sapphire would say "Cherry Picked ASICs." I'm using them for mining, so I've tightened up the timings on them significantly, but I thought I'd run them through some benches for fun. Both cards can run 31.8 Mh/s stable with virtually no memory errors reported in HWInfo64.

Timespy.jpg

Now here's the interesting thing. I'm within a few percentage points of what some users get with 1070s in SLI.

Timespy 2.jpg

I'm wondering if I can bump the core clock further to achieve an even higher score.

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
The chart you posted is actually just the graphics score. So your cards beat them!

DMFD-Minister

Limp Gawd
The chart you posted is actually just the graphics score. So your cards beat them!

Whoa - didn't realize that. That's crazy!!

I have a Msi RX580 Gaming X 8Gb I clocked to 1490/2250 and that received a single-card score of 5054 in timespy. Assuming 100% scalability, two of those in crossfire would yield 10108.

Seeing as I was using 1450/2250 with these special editions and scored significantly higher, I'm going to have to chalk that up to either drivers, custom memory timings, or both. I ran the test again at 1463 core and yielded 10999 on the graphics score. It crashed at 1470 with stock voltage.

Oh...and also. It seems I beat the above Crossfire RX580 score by 28%. I'm really wondering how my memory timings might be affecting this. I'm tempted to flash the cards back to stock and re-run the tests at the same clocks.

RX580SE.gif

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
That's pretty sick dude.

How did you manage to score those cards?

DMFD-Minister

Limp Gawd
That's pretty sick dude.

How did you manage to score those cards?

I was just looking for Sapphire Nitro+ cards on Newegg and the Special Edition popped up. While I was contemplating, they went out of stock. I refreshed for a bit to see if they'd come back in stock and they did. Newegg had a purchase limit of 2 as well, so I manage to get checked out before they went OoS again. Guess I was lucky. Still not happy that Newegg (and every other merchant) is price gouging these cards. However, I feel like they're a really good value.

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
At MSRP they are amazing.
But yea, I guess they have to follow market trends to some extent.
They can really charge whatever they want and someone is gonna buy it. It's a barren wasteland.
Yea I am not sure to what extent overclocking influences the playability of a game or the hashrate. I usually drop the voltage a considerable amount and get a decent core overclock and I'm happy with that.

Drewis

Limp Gawd
yeah definitely. those nitro cards are great.

i picked up a 480 8gb nitro and it hashes at 29 without any mods, undervolted @45C.. definitely great cards. good score

dook43

2[H]4U
I was just looking for Sapphire Nitro+ cards on Newegg and the Special Edition popped up. While I was contemplating, they went out of stock. I refreshed for a bit to see if they'd come back in stock and they did. Newegg had a purchase limit of 2 as well, so I manage to get checked out before they went OoS again. Guess I was lucky. Still not happy that Newegg (and every other merchant) is price gouging these cards. However, I feel like they're a really good value.
309.99 isn't price gouging for binned ASICS... IMO. Especially not if they can all do those speeds. How do you tighten the memory timings?