Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ Special Edition - Is awesome

DMFD-Minister

Limp Gawd
Just ran TimeSpy on two RX580 Nitro+ Special Edition cards in crossfire.

Core Clock: 1450
Memory: 2250
Default power settings - no increase in power draw

These cards are as Sapphire would say "Cherry Picked ASICs." I'm using them for mining, so I've tightened up the timings on them significantly, but I thought I'd run them through some benches for fun. Both cards can run 31.8 Mh/s stable with virtually no memory errors reported in HWInfo64.

Timespy.jpg

Now here's the interesting thing. I'm within a few percentage points of what some users get with 1070s in SLI.

Timespy 2.jpg

I'm wondering if I can bump the core clock further to achieve an even higher score.

The chart you posted is actually just the graphics score. So your cards beat them!

The chart you posted is actually just the graphics score. So your cards beat them!

Whoa - didn't realize that. That's crazy!!

I have a Msi RX580 Gaming X 8Gb I clocked to 1490/2250 and that received a single-card score of 5054 in timespy. Assuming 100% scalability, two of those in crossfire would yield 10108.

Seeing as I was using 1450/2250 with these special editions and scored significantly higher, I'm going to have to chalk that up to either drivers, custom memory timings, or both. I ran the test again at 1463 core and yielded 10999 on the graphics score. It crashed at 1470 with stock voltage.

Oh...and also. It seems I beat the above Crossfire RX580 score by 28%. I'm really wondering how my memory timings might be affecting this. I'm tempted to flash the cards back to stock and re-run the tests at the same clocks.

RX580SE.gif

That's pretty sick dude.

How did you manage to score those cards?

That's pretty sick dude.

How did you manage to score those cards?

I was just looking for Sapphire Nitro+ cards on Newegg and the Special Edition popped up. While I was contemplating, they went out of stock. I refreshed for a bit to see if they'd come back in stock and they did. Newegg had a purchase limit of 2 as well, so I manage to get checked out before they went OoS again. Guess I was lucky. Still not happy that Newegg (and every other merchant) is price gouging these cards. However, I feel like they're a really good value.

At MSRP they are amazing.
But yea, I guess they have to follow market trends to some extent.
They can really charge whatever they want and someone is gonna buy it. It's a barren wasteland.
Yea I am not sure to what extent overclocking influences the playability of a game or the hashrate. I usually drop the voltage a considerable amount and get a decent core overclock and I'm happy with that.

yeah definitely. those nitro cards are great.

i picked up a 480 8gb nitro and it hashes at 29 without any mods, undervolted @45C.. definitely great cards. good score

I was just looking for Sapphire Nitro+ cards on Newegg and the Special Edition popped up. While I was contemplating, they went out of stock. I refreshed for a bit to see if they'd come back in stock and they did. Newegg had a purchase limit of 2 as well, so I manage to get checked out before they went OoS again. Guess I was lucky. Still not happy that Newegg (and every other merchant) is price gouging these cards. However, I feel like they're a really good value.
309.99 isn't price gouging for binned ASICS... IMO. Especially not if they can all do those speeds. How do you tighten the memory timings?

Back