Sapphire RMA Quality?

Discussion in 'AMD Flavor' started by rgMekanic, Jul 2, 2018.

1. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News Staff Member

Been having an issue where I would completely drop signal to my monitor periodically. Was thinking it may be my motherboard getting old so I grabbed my wife's 7970 and tossed in my rig. No issues at all.

Sent a service ticket to Sapphire last night, no response yet. I have not had to RMA anything since the early 2000's, anyone know what I'm in for with Sapphire?

2. iRevert

iRevert Limp Gawd

Had to do an RMA with them a while back on a dead fan on a card, took about 72 hours for them to get back to me and then I shipped it in and had a new card back pretty quick all in all it was something like a 2 week window of from ticket sent in to me having a new card but this was two-ish years back so things might have changed.

3. rgMekanic

Got a reply from their website, asked about where and when it was purchased. Replied. Got a reply 2 minutes later asking me to send a copy of my receipt to an email address. Did that, awaiting a reply now

4. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Gawd

Sub'd. My Sapphire Fury is showing POSSIBLE memory issues and I've been contemplating contacting them. Just worried what kind of replacement I would get with a Fury because I dont feel the 580 would be a fair swap.

5. rgMekanic

They tell me a 580 I'll tell them to piss up a rope lol. If they offer for me to pay X for a Vega then we can talk

6. Digital Viper-X-

Digital Viper-X- [H]ardForum Junkie

I RMA'd my 290x through them, no problem, they even let me pick up the card personally since I was local :)

7. rgMekanic

Shortly after the last update I got a reply from them saying to send an email with my receipt and RMA form to another email (RMAatAthlon), did that on the 3rd, still no reply

8. KILLER_K

KILLER_K [H]ardness Supreme

SAPPHIRE CAN KISS MY ASS!

They ripped me off with BS excuses. Even gave me an RMA on a dual GPU. After they received it. They told me I didn't have an RMA number and if I wanted the GPU sent back to send them a check for shipping. I even showed them all the chats and the RMA I was given. Needless to say, they kept the card and I got screwed. But that was a good while back.

But they still can kiss my ass. They still owe me from the way I feel. I haven't bought anything else Sapphire since then. But my thoughts are subjective and it is what it is. Hopefully, they have changed over the years. I hope yours goes better.

9. elite.mafia

elite.mafia Broke Back [H]

I had to RMA 2 cards with them. It wasn't too bad. my hd7950 is now an r9 280 and I've had no issues since then. Also had to RMA a 7850 and they sent a new 7850. This was a while ago though, and I can't for the life of me remember how long it took...

10. serial__thrilla

serial__thrilla [H]Lite

Oh yeah? How long ago was this, brosepharino? I hear everyone's customer service pretty much took a giant shit on the customers as of late, please do tell.

11. pentiumiiislota

pentiumiiislota [H]Lite

Mine went smooth and the people at athlon were very nice.

rgMekanic likes this.
  12. Digital Viper-X-

Digital Viper-X- [H]ardForum Junkie

Well, I guess it would be around the time 290x's were newish, since no one sells them anymore =) . I'd say around the time that the litecoin mining craze ended.

Where do you hear anything about customer service taking a shit

13. SickBeast

SickBeast Limp Gawd

Sapphire are good to deal with. They even RMA'ed a Radeon card that I bought second hand with no receipt. I think they charged me some kind of $30 fee but I was glad to pay it considering they were giving me a new card.

14. rgMekanic

Been a week, have not gotten a response from RMAatAlthon, just sent an email to TechatAlthon since I got a reply from that one in less than 5 minutes last week. We shall see, I need this rig back up and running :(

15. rgMekanic

I guess that was the kick they needed lol, just got my RMA number, I'll get it sent off tomorrow and see what happens. I really miss freesync haha

16. Crosshairs

Crosshairs Administrator Staff Member

I had one experience with them and it was with a 3 week old X1950 that died....so that tells you how long ago it was....in any event, it was a terrible experience and I haven't bought a single one of their products since.

17. kirbyrj

kirbyrj Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

Fuck them. I RMA'd my 7950 for a bad fan even though the card worked fine. I won't buy another Sapphire card.

1st RMA - DOA card
    2nd RMA - Artifacting card that I took apart and cleaned up the TIM on the chip before it would work right.

Summary: They barely test cards and then send you other people's trashed cards as replacements.

18. serial__thrilla

serial__thrilla [H]Lite

Yeah, I had the same shitty TIM cards sent to me by Visiontek, it was literally like dried up gray toothpaste. Not buying anything from them again, unless I absolutely have 0 choice. Like I posted earlier, the QC and customer service quality took a giant shit in the past few years.

19. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Gawd

Have they received your card yet?

20. dexvx

dexvx Gawd

My only experience was positive.

This was during the last bitcoin bubble in 2013. One of my Dual-X R9 280x's died (shot a small SMD about 1m out). Opted for immediate replacement ($300 hold on CC) while shipping the defective card back. Low and behold, the newly arrived card was a Vapor-X R9 280x. Took just slightly under 10 business day turnaround.

21. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Gawd

Good to hear. I'm considering RMA on my Fury. Just hoping for a quick turn around and a fair replacement. Hopefully a Nitro Vega 56.

22. ccityinstaller

ccityinstaller 2[H]4U

I'm not sure expecting a card that is 50% faster is reasonable. But then again the 580 is a bit slower. Kind of s tough spot.

Would you rather have a used RMA Fury replacement or a brand new sealed 580 you could resell? I'm just curious. I'm not use which I would choose myself. Hopefully option 3, pay a fee to upgrade to a Vega 56.

23. rgMekanic

Tracking shows they got it Monday at noon, awaiting a response from them still

24. rgMekanic

Got an email today from Althon saying my RMA replacement was on it's way.

I have no idea what they did or what card it is, but tracking says I'll get it Weds.

25. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Gawd

Interesting. Keep us posted.

26. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Gawd

Been 10 days. Hopefully you received something?