SanDisk 120gb SSD - $120 shipped!

Saw a build where the guy just used thick double sided tape and taped the SSD to the back of the the motherboard tray.

Maybe a gluegun would work also.

I just use velcro. This way I can remove it (to flash firmware on another computer with
AHCI)

is this deal dead or back on? edit. dead.

Saw a build where the guy just used thick double sided tape and taped the SSD to the back of the the motherboard tray.

Maybe a gluegun would work also.

i used double sided tape and stuck both of mine to the top of a DVD burner

seems dead. Ive tried to buy it three times and each time it leaves my cart at the end!

This is a sign! (that I need to buy it!)

For my two SSDs... one is held down by velcro, and the other is just resting on top of it (the force from the wires kind of keeps it in place). I guess it's not a big deal to keep ghetto mounting these in my 5.25'' bays where they are out of view. :p

strange. Been purchasing from Buy.com for years... never asked me to do that. Does your CC match your billing and shipping information?

yes it does. My guess is because I used a new payment method... I usually use PayPal, but I was at work and jumped on the deal immediately. PayPal mobile wasn't functioning correctly so I busted out my cc and paid that way.

Err, this was more of an impulse buy than anything else, guess buy.com saved me $120. Really kind of wanted it though... Personal info / secure info is a no no over fax &/or e-mail. I live by it. I asked for an alternative way of verification, but they said it was the only way. Dick move, I probably won't be using buy.com unless its an absolute steal on future purchases.

Llama[Style];1037811535 said:
Personal info / secure info is a no no over fax &/or e-mail. I live by it.

I commend you for living by your principles. Luckily, or unluckily as this was also an impulse buy for me, they didn't ask for verification. I used a payment method I hadn't used with them in the past.

Back in stock at Buy.com for $130. You guys should buy them all before I'm tempted to buy one.

Has anyone received theirs yet? I was cheap and got the free shipping... Mine are supposed to get here towards the end of the week.

I haven't really seen any poor reviews on them.. I just wondered if anyone has any feedback yet.

in case anyone else was wondering.. seems pretty solid thus far to me.

6210298164_8cddbeb2bc.jpg

Hopefully they will not crap out in less than 1 month like OCZ drives.

Then again, Sandisk is a company known for their reliability in flash memory.

I have one of the OCZ drives sitting on my desk holding down some paper... It didn't even make it a day. This one hasn't given me one problem thus far. :)

in case anyone else was wondering.. seems pretty solid thus far to me.

< image here >

The writes look a little low compared to the advertised specs (and what Sandforce 2 controllers usually do), aren't they? Still incredibly good performance for the price though.

Then again, Sandisk is a company known for their reliability in flash memory.

Either that or known to be faked so often due to their popularity. Can't wait for the day when knock off companies start rebadging old JMicron controller SSDs as high end SSDs. Won't that be a hoot?

ahhhh. mine's here!! will put the image of my windows on there tonight!!, will post back with results!

Anyone who missed out on this... I ordered two, and won't be using one of them. So I'll try to pass this on at a reasonable price to just cover what I paid (a little over $122) plus shipping. That would be somewhere between $130-$135 shipped for one if anyone is interested.

UPDATE on my NEW Sandisk ssd
I copied a image of my C drive onto there. used windows 7 disk fixed boot. then C drive started up normally. but asked for a restart right when it got to desktop screen. so I restart. Check disk poped up. found bunch orphaned files and crap. after that, one of my software(virtu) asked for reinstall. so I reinstalled. now everythings been fine for an hour. WEI scored 7.2(YAY!). and ssdlife display as 100% and 9 years 2 months. boot time I d say about 15-20 seconds faster than original (1 minute). I will keep updating!

ahhhh. mine's here!! will put the image of my windows on there tonight!!, will post back with results!

anyone having problems with theirs? i'm getting random crashes. not sure why...

I bought this drive but haven't used it yet. Does it have the same problems as that 120Gb "FORCE 3" drive I keep hearing about?

I just got this drive installed,ran it in ide mode,but was only getting about 170 reads,115 writes,10/24 read/write on 4k and 15/26 on 4k 64thread.way under what was attained in the newegg video,tried switching to achi but did not see a difference.

using AS ssd benchmark,there is this little thing that says pciide-bad in the top left,not sure what that means.

does anyone know?

Another thing you can do is just screw in the SSD from 1 side and leave the otherside free. As people said SSDs dont have any moving parts, dont make any noise, and are not heavy so anything that stops them from moving around and having cords knocked out tends to be good enough.

I just have the wires hanging it like hangman.. lol. I probably should at least glue it somewhere

Is this drive asynchronous? I couldn't find any particular reviews regarding SF-1222 chipset and the NAND memory used with the drive.

Back in stock but I can't seem to pull the trigger on SF drives.

What about how well this sandisk drive compares to the drives I mentioned from Corsair ect?

Back