Samsung, you're killing me.....

sok0

Gawd
Where the frick is the Galaxy S2 in the US.... What a joke samsung......... You release a phone in EUROPE 6 months before the US, that's smart thinking.

Uh, huh? Is this new news?

On a side note I'm disappointed too. When I read the article posted on Engadget, before the correction, about it heading to Verizon in July I was ecstatic. Now by the time it gets released here in the States the thing will just about be outdated.

Yeah, by the time the GS2 hits the states, I'll be looking forward to the Nexus 4.

Fry's electronics in Phoenix had the S2 for ATT on display. A non working model is available for finger fucking and the running display was in a glass case by the door. It must be available for preorder, I can't imagine any reason why they'd have it otherwise.

Where the frick is the Galaxy S2 in the US.... What a joke samsung......... You release a phone in EUROPE 6 months before the US, that's smart thinking.

No sh!t :rolleyes: It released back in April in Europe and Asia, and the U.S. fucking A. doesn't even have an official announcement yet, 3 months later :rolleyes:

Plus to add insult to injury, Samsung has already announced that the Galaxy S 3 is due out Spring 2012.

Fry's electronics in Phoenix had the S2 for ATT on display. A non working model is available for finger fucking and the running display was in a glass case by the door. It must be available for preorder, I can't imagine any reason why they'd have it otherwise.

This is the first I have heard of that. Did not know there was an official U.S. Galaxy S2 in the States yet ? I have heard that ATT or Sprint might be the first to get it, but no hardware sites every mentioned it actually being on display somewhere ?

This is the first I have heard of that. Did not know there was an official U.S. Galaxy S2 in the States yet ? I have heard that ATT or Sprint might be the first to get it, but no hardware sites every mentioned it actually being on display somewhere ?
I just ran over there....it was the Infuse. Damn. Sorry for blue balling you guys...the look similar when they're behind glass.

Not Samsung's fault, blame the phone companies, and Apple.

Yep, we will get a bloated Galaxy S2, with red neck car racing apps, that can't be deleted without root :rolleyes: And a different design possibly, no middle thumb button, but the standard 4 Android keys at the bottom, and a big carrier logo on the front.

Arent they using Tegra for the US version?

Still Samsung's own ARM SoC I thought. Latest rumor is faster then UK version. Possible speed bump to 1.4GHz instead of the current 1.2GHz. Probably to try to keep up with iPhone 5 later this year.

I wont be upgrading until the market stabilizes a bit more to see if Tegra finally remains like the choice. The current fragmentation is lame.

This phone needs to hurry. I have an upgrade with Sprint, and the Evo 3D is doo doo.

Good thing I got the EVO 3D instead if waiting for this mythical phone to come out.

I couldn't care less. I'm not expecting too many more Android phones with a keyboard on Sprint from here on out. I will be surprised if an SGS II based successor to the Epic is even made.

I couldn't care less. I'm not expecting too many more Android phones with a keyboard on Sprint from here on out. I will be surprised if an SGS II based successor to the Epic is even made.

It was recently confirmed in the Sprint Q3 road map. Two new Samsung Android phones will be released. One specific name was Epic 2. The other was said to be a high end Droid, but didn't list a name, its assumed this is thier Galaxy S2

I'm ok with waiting if its due to improved hardware changes. I know the initial european versions didn't have NFC, and rumor has it the sprint version will include wimax as well, I just hope it comes out next month because my upgrade is burning a hole in my account lol.

I'm pretty sure this is not Samsung's fault. Blame the american preference of being controlled and screwed by the carriers (I'm not american but I live here so should include myself too).

It's perfectly possible go get a GS2 in the US, as longs as you pay $800 from a UK dealer, and use AT&T. But since there is no difference in the plan price, that makes very little sense. Might as well wait and see if the mythical Nexus3/4G turns up soon.

sucks that it's not even slated to be released on T-Mobile, I mean weren't they the first to sell the original Galaxy? And sell it well

Nexus 3 is supposed to come out by Thanksgiving. I don't blame Samsung, the US carriers are probably all fighting over iPhone5 and willing to do just about anything to ensure they get it. Apple probably is willing to pay them huge incentives to delay the SGSII which they know is a better phone than iPhone5.

US carriers are all about screwing the consumer and not giving them choice. In any other market you can buy the phone of your choice. Here each carrier has a 'premium' phone which they push to the exclusion of all others.

http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item/23250-samsung-readies-first-ice-cream-sandwich-phone

on top of samsung galaxy S3 someone mentioned that was due in spring 2012. I think samsung is shooting itself in the foot for releasing so many phones in such a short timeline... those waiting for galaxy s2 are probably going to wait longer now that galaxy S3 is announced.... And now possibly Nexus Prime

They don't deliver fast enough on release dates that by the time that it does come to the market, it's already out of date and a few months away for the next model.

Awesome, they are going to release the GS2 in CANADA in 2 weeks, but still no word of US date.... They must have some of the dumbest people ever making decisions.... I'm going to go rage some more since ill be stuck with my blackberry storm for at least another month waiting..... :(

It was recently confirmed in the Sprint Q3 road map. Two new Samsung Android phones will be released. One specific name was Epic 2. The other was said to be a high end Droid, but didn't list a name, its assumed this is thier Galaxy S2

At this point, I couldn't care less about an Epic 2. Sprint just split up their Premier customer status into gold and silver, and I got bumped down to silver. So I don't get my yearly upgrade on my primary line anymore. By the time I am eligible for an upgrade I will be looking at the Epic 3 or 4, if such successors even come about.

We have to wait for our wonderful U.S carriers to put their touches and customizations on it. For instance, VZW would probably put Bing on it. :mad:

Heh, I have been itching to get this phone, too. Alot longer than 6 months, that's for sure. Heard news of it on phonearena ages ago. This is highly likely a carrier problem, because they have to customize it (i.e. load it with crap) before release.

GSII on AT&T will be the "Attain." It could be they are dragging their feet, because the Infuse just came out. I hope not. Want now!!!

http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item/23250-samsung-readies-first-ice-cream-sandwich-phone

on top of samsung galaxy S3 someone mentioned that was due in spring 2012. I think samsung is shooting itself in the foot for releasing so many phones in such a short timeline... those waiting for galaxy s2 are probably going to wait longer now that galaxy S3 is announced.... And now possibly Nexus Prime

They don't deliver fast enough on release dates that by the time that it does come to the market, it's already out of date and a few months away for the next model.

I won't be. The gs3 might be released spring, but how long will THAT take to get to the US? Could be just as long if not longer than the gs2.

Debating on my first smart phone. Upgrade to GS2 moment it comes out or wait until Nexus 3 or something else?

Debating on my first smart phone. Upgrade to GS2 moment it comes out or wait until Nexus 3 or something else?
I'm waiting to see what the next Nexus looks like (at least its specs) before I upgrade.

We have to wait for our wonderful U.S carriers to put their touches and customizations on it. For instance, VZW would probably put Bing on it. :mad:

Why do you have to wait for US Carriers when you can buy an untouched, unlocked & more powerful phone?

http://www.expansys-usa.com/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-android-smartphone-unlocked-16gb-209554/

That's where I got mine back in May and its well worth the price. Plus, I get to save my upgrade on an iP5 (whenever it comes out) & make a nice profit when I re-sell it to an Apple Lover.

Not everyone feels like dropping $700 on a cell phone.

True, I felt the same way until I took the plunged. You get what you pay for. Plus, you can make the price back by using your upgrade on a popular phone that has a high re-sale value.

Same crap with the infuse. They said it would have Gingerbread, but release it with Froyo. Then announce that Rogers in Canada will release the Infuse with Gingerbread. WTF are they doing? Why are the so fucking slow about everything? Especially updates.

Same crap with the infuse. They said it would have Gingerbread, but release it with Froyo. Then announce that Rogers in Canada will release the Infuse with Gingerbread. WTF are they doing? Why are the so fucking slow about everything? Especially updates.

I think it is the corrupt U.S. manufactures, Samsung got updates out rather quick to Europe, Korea, and Canada, it is the U.S. carriers taking many months later to finally release the same updates in the States.

On another note, it really pisses me off to see new Android phones by all brands released in 2011 still shipping with Froyo, WTF Gingerbread came out in end of 2010, any new phone released in 2011 should automatically come with Gingerbread stock, not the ancient Froyo build.

Back