Samsung Washing Machines Will Murder You With 'Impact Injuries'

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says that, in addition to exploding phones, Samsung also has washing machines that will murder you too. The description "impact injuries" is pretty vague so I would definitely avoid taking one of these faulty devices on a plane, in a car or leave it plugged in overnight. ;)

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is actively and cooperatively working with Samsung to address safety issues related to certain top-load washing machines made between March 2011 and April 2016. CPSC is advising consumers to only use the delicate cycle when washing bedding, water-resistant and bulky items. The lower spin speed in the delicate cycle lessens the risk of impact injuries or property damage due to the washing machine becoming dislodged.

lol guess they're just going to ignore all the other companies since they all use the same exact design and have been for the last 30 years..

There's often a large counterweight on the bottom of the drum to act as a counter balance to the drum which is uneven side to side on weight. It spins around just as fast as the drum and if it's not secure...

So now people forgot how to prevent and deal with imbalanced loads so the machine doesn't walk across the floor?

I thought they had "smart" sensors by now that cut the power on the motor if it detects exceeds load imbalance that causes "walking".

I thought they had "smart" sensors by now that cut the power on the motor if it detects exceeds load imbalance that causes "walking".

Never had a problem with my old top-loader walking. If it was out of balance you could heard it as the tub bumped the inside of the cabinet.

I've had a Samsung top loader for about 2 years (replaced my 30+ year old washer), and it will shut off with an error code if it becomes too out of balance. Only seen it happen once as we don't over load the washer and we try to distribute the load evenly before it starts.

Never had a problem with my old top-loader walking. If it was out of balance you could heard it as the tub bumped the inside of the cabinet.

I've had a Samsung top loader for about 2 years (replaced my 30+ year old washer), and it will shut off with an error code if it becomes too out of balance. Only seen it happen once as we don't over load the washer and we try to distribute the load evenly before it starts.

So it turned off, it didn't fly across the room, smash through a wall and kill 5 people in the process?

That's a different kind of "impact injury"

Mama Fratelli: Rock-a-bye baby on the tree top. When the wind blows the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks the cradle will fall...
Sloth: Break! Fall!
Mama Fratelli: No! I only dropped once.
Sloth: Ahh!
Mama Fratelli: Well, maybe twice. No Sloth! Put me down!

hqdefault.jpg

Not quite the same, but I couldn't help but think of that one episode of MythBusters...

I wish they said what models, can't remember when I got mine, its worked fine so far though. When its been out of balance it stops like a civilized future robotic overlord.

I have one as well, same thing. Mine is as 2012 model though. It started getting a bit out of balance and loud. Popped an error code and shut down. It didn't walk anywhere. I had a service contract, took a guy about 30 minutes to fix it and it has worked perfectly since.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has not been injured or maimed by at least one of every type of kitchen utensil, knife, dishwasher, stove, washing machine, dryer, etc etc. Look outside, it is obvious how many people are going to get injured by something, anything. The first iPhones used to implode due to their batteries, washing machines still walk when overloaded, the persons machine that crashed into their wall, overloaded the machine. My machine does this as well, it's a G.E. machine, not a Samsung. It is fine to make fun of companies you dislike though, I've been making fun of Apple for years, I guess it is Apple revenge time since Samsung is making blunders left and right lately.

Last edited:
Back